Transcaucasia: Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Benjamin! That last one is a site I've never seen.

This link is on pdf. It is an 88 page thesis on Armenia that contains in the last pages genealogical data (or the order of the Kings) as well as some nice maps.
Perceptions of Classical Armenia: Romano-Parthian Relations, 70 BC-220 AD
A Thesis Submitted to the Graduate Faculty of the Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the degree of Master of Arts in The Department of History
by John Joseph Poirot, III
B.A., U.S.L., 2000 December, 2003

Article detailing Princess Diana's Armenian ancestry.

Another site on the House Bragration

Genealogy of the Trebizond Empire

Last edited by a moderator:
British Royal Family is also decendant of the Ancient Armenian Royal Family (not gosspip, really prooved).
As a matter of fact, several European and Asian Royal Families (present and past) are decendant of the Armenian Royal Family and nearly all of them have a drop of Armenian blood. (Though it was estimated that at least 2.5 billion people all over the world have Armeian ancectry). Dear me, I am so proud of my country! :D

Prince Charles is decendant of Armenian Royal Family from both The Queen's side (as I already mentioned, English Kings are decendant of Armenian Kings) and from Prince Philip's side (Greek-Armenian-Georgian Royal Families are all interrelated).
Thus Princes William and Harry's both parents have Armenian blood in their veins.
I can be their 28th or further cousin. :D :p

Sorry if I bother you guys with my constant talk of Armenia but I am really furiously proud of my country and since few know about the very existance of it, I sort of consider it my duty to give information on it. :eek: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Avalon said:
Sorry if I bother you guys with my constant talk of Armenia but I am really furiously proud of my country and since few know about the very existance of it, I sort of consider it my duty to give information on it. :eek: :)

There is nothing wrong with being proud of one's nation.

Benjamin said:
There is nothing wrong with being proud of one's nation.

Thanks for it, Benjamin. I am not ashamed of being proud of my nation (and will never will) but rather I fear that I might bore people. :)

Your signature is a great one, I love it. And agree with Anatole France totally.

Last edited:
Avalon said:
Thanks for it, Benjamin. I am not ashamed of being proud of my nation (and will never will) but rather I fear that I might bore people. :)

Don't even say or think that! Armenia is one of the most fascinating cultures in the world, not only they have survived all the great empires but they have their own empire building history themselves. I have three books on Armenia that I love, one is the (original edition of) The Kingdom of Armenia, another one is a picture book on the tragic events during the massacre that shows the before and after of the Armenian people in Turkey (I don't know where I put that book to give you the title) and another book is a pamphlet on the exhibit in a museum of Armenian treasures that has some great maps on ancient Armenia.

Toledo said:
Don't even say or think that! Armenia is one of the most fascinating cultures in the world, not only they have survived all the great empires but they have their own empire building history themselves. I have three books on Armenia that I love, one is the (original edition of) The Kingdom of Armenia, another one is a picture book on the tragic events during the massacre that shows the before and after of the Armenian people in Turkey (I don't know where I put that book to give you the title) and another book is a pamphlet on the exhibit in a museum of Armenian treasures that has some great maps on ancient Armenia.

Thanks for interest, Toledo. Armenia has indeed a very fascinating history and I am glad you like it.:)
You are really doing an amazing job in this forums, especially in the genealogy threads. I didn't know half of the things I learnt due to your posts, so thanks for it.

Don't forget Benjamin and Warren and the rest in here too! :)

I think everybody is loving this sub forum section on genelogy because it brings up two important things in the Royal Forums: the sense of continuity by all of us posting those family trees and the sense of history by adding links about the history behind each family branch.
I mean, we can all discuss the current royal news from pole to pole but the gossip dish taste better when we know the family skeletons hidding in their closets ;).
Like links I placed on the Bonapartes and Borbon (Spain) section that includes the relatives born in and out of marriage. I bet you don't see those names listed in their official family sites. :eek:

Last edited:
Toledo said:
Don't forget Benjamin and Warren and the rest in here too! :)

I don't forget them. You and Warren and Benjamin and Jo and everyone put a great work in here, I, as well as loads of other members, really appreciate that!

Toledo said:
I think everybody is loving this sub forum section on genelogy because it brings up two important things in the Royal Forums: the sense of continuity by all of us posting those family trees and the sense of history by adding links about the history behind each family branch.
Perfectly true. It's interesting to know the back screen history. Actually, it's the history aspect I always loved about Royalties and the Geneology section is Heaven for me! :)

Toledo said:
Like links I placed on the Bonapartes and Borbon (Spain) section that includes the relatives born in and out of marriage. I bet you don't see those names listed in their official family sites. :eek:

I checked out again the sections for Bonapartes and Borbon, just to enjoy it one more time! Btw, you are right, I barely knew a few people (apart from the official Families), born out of the marriage, interesting to find about them.
Guess it's all about it - finding out more then you know, so thanks again.

Last edited:
The Kingdom of Cilicia is naturally conncected with Armenia, as it was the 4th and last Kingdom (ROyal House) of Indipendent Armenia.

Here is an article about the Kingdom of Cilicia

[FONT=Times New Roman,Times][SIZE=+1]The principality and Kingdom of Cilicia (1080-1375)[/SIZE][/FONT]
http://www.hyeetch.nareg.com.au/armenians/cilicia_p1.html

And a brief article about all Four Armenian Kingdoms (Artashisian, Arshakunian, Bagratunian, Rubinian) as well as a little introduction into Armenian history.

http://www.littlearmenia.com/html/little_armenia/armenian_history.asp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom