Royal Descendants from the Prophet Mohammad

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They have all been converted to churches, as they did with synagogues. Whe the Inquisition was in, all that was Catholic was out. Yes, it is sad that all these holy places for the others were taken over. The Alhambra was a palace, not a mosque, there for they did not need to change anything.

Well what happened to the mosque in Cordoba is very similar to what the muslims did to Saint Sophie in Istanbul isn't it? I'm just grateful that those places are conserved today.

The mosque still survives because they converted to a cathedral if not it would have dissapeared, although as Carlos I said what a disgraceful thing to do to such a beautiful place. I've been to that mosque and the catholic part is awful. And they don't let muslims pray there because now it is catholic the same happens in Saint Sophie I think.

The jews and muslims were made to convert or go from Spain, although some of them stayed and they kept their faith hidden, there is a village I think in Granada where the people were desdendants from muslims that kept their faith.

La Alhambra was a palace and it has been kept I think more or less as when the califas reign over Granada. Although there is a new area where Carlos I built his own palace.

Yes, intolerance has reared its ugly head in many places and St. Sophia's is a mosque. Tit for tat.

I have been to the mosque in Cordoba, it is spectatcular. And, yes, the Catholic part is , I don't know if, awful, is the right word, it is more ridiculous looking, out of place. Sad.

Many stayed and kept their faith. The Jews who did that were called Marranos. Many were massacarred, anyway.

India to return half a billion worth of estates to Muslim royal - Telegraph

Mohammed Amir Mohammed Khan, the Raja of Mahmudabad, has been fighting to recover his family estates, which include a royal fort and a palace built for a former British colonial governor, for 37 years.

The estates were seized by the Indian government along with hundreds of other 'enemy properties’ belonging to Muslims who migrated to Pakistan following the 1965 war between the two countries. They included the family home, the historic Qila Fort, near Lucknow, and the family’s vast property portfolio because his father, Amir Ahmed Khan, decided to become a Pakistani citizen in 1957.

But while he chose Pakistan, his wife, a Rani in her own right, and son, now the current Raja, chose to stay as Indian citizens. Since his father’s death in 1973, he has been fighting a series of legal battles with the government to challenge the status of his inherited estates as 'enemy property’ and recover them from tenants.

The Raja sacrificed his own career as an astrophysicist – he studied at Cambridge and was a fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society in London – to take over his father’s responsibilities and was nominated by the late Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi as a Congress candidate in the state assembly.Since then, and despite having powerful friends in the Nehru-Gandhi dynasty, the Raja has been forced to fight more than 10 court actions to establish his Indian citizenship and his claim as sole heir to his father’s title and estates.

His victory was sealed this weekend when the Indian parliament agreed a new 'Enemy Property Act’ which will restore all confiscated properties to Muslim owners who can prove their Indian citizenship.

The Khans are one of India’s oldest royal families, one of the most senior in the Shi’ite Muslim world, and can trace its roots back to the Prophet Mohammad.

Last edited:
I think its imporant to mention that who many claim to be from Quraish and/or Bani hashim, are not. Over the years claiming Hashimi roots has been done for either , religious/political influence or simply for monetary gain. (through al-khums or other indirect ways) It has become a common practice especially in areas where people arent that familiar with Arab tribes where its much easier to do. Therefore, the origins of many who claim to belong to Bani Hashim shouldnt be taken for granted.

Currently theres a few DNA projects being done on Quraish, Bani Tameem (tribe of Qatars ruling family ), Bani Khaled (previous rulers of the eastern province in Saudi Arabia) and other prominent tribes.

Research is being done on both Adnani Arabs (decendants of Isma'eel aka Ishmael, son of Abraham, who Quraish, Bani Tameem and other tribes go back to) and Qahtani Arabs as well. Im pretty sure once we have definitive scientific information to refer to we're going to be in for a few surprises especially regarding those who claim that they are from Quraish and Bani Hashim in particular for reasons related to politics, and in some cases religion as well. (I'll try keeping politics and religion in this post to a minimum).

For instance, many scholars and historians have said that the Fatimides are most certainly not decendants of Ali Bin Abi Talib, and therefore call them the "Ubaidis" instead of Fatimides. According to them, the real name of the founder of the dynasty is "Saeed Bin Al hussain Bin Ahmad Bin Abdallah Bin Maymoon Al Qaddda Bin Desaan Al Shanawee Al Ahwazee" who went by the name Ubaidillah and claimed to be a decendant of Ali.

The famous historian, Al Dhahabi (born 1274) said in "Siyar A'laam Al Nobala":

"There are several opinions concerning the lineage of al-Mahdi, which may be summed up by noting that he was neither Hashimi nor Fatimi"

He also stated in Tareekh Al Islam 'The genealogists and scholars denied his claims concerning his lineage" In another book he said "Al Mahdi Ubaidulla lied about being a decendant of Jafar Al Sadiq ( a well known decendant of Ali ) "

Al Suyooti (born 1445) in his book "The history of Caliphs" (Tareekh Al Khulafaa') mentioned this and said that he was a son of a Magian. (Magians being from Persia) Al Baqillani, Ibn Katheer, Al Nowairee, Al Ghazali, have also said similar things about their lineage.

Judges and scholars from Baghdad at the time also collectivly stated this opinion in a letter.

"Bin" meaning "son of", a decendant of Ali whos full name going back to Ali is proved and established as "Akhu Muhsin, Muhammad Bin Ali Bin Al hussain Bin Ahmad Bin Isma'eel Bin Muhammad Bin Jaffar Al Sadiq Bin Muhammad Bin Ali Bin Alhussain Bin Al hussain Bin Ali Bin Abi Talib said about the real name of the founder of the dynasty :

"Ubaidullah Al Mahdi is Saeed Bin Al hussain Bin Ahmad Bin Abdallah Bin Maymoon Al Qaddda Bin Desaan Al Thanawee, and is originally a Magian" (Masr Min Ahd Bonat Al Qahira p 81)

Granted, theres others that dispute this for various reasons and have their own quotes to provide.

However, the lineage of Ubaidis (or Fatimids), and many others today (local leaders etc, not necessarily royals) , is most certainly not a matter of consensus. Some Arabs that belong to tribes and well known families give exceptional importance and care in marriage and other issues to geneology and authentic roots, and its much harder to make unsupported claims regarding geneology among them as it would be in say, Indonesia.

Last edited:
Im almost certain that as well as the obvious Hashemite Dynasty (Sharifs and Emirs of Mecca - Monarchies of Jordan & Iraq), also The Hussainid Beys of Tunis (Monarchy of Tunisia) Dynasty, and The Qasimid Hamidaddin Imams of Sanaa & Kings of Yemen (Monarchy of North Yemen) Dynasty, as well as one or two of The Sultanates and Sheikhdoms in Aden and South Arabia (Monarchies in South Yemen) - could claim descent from the Prophet Muhammad through various lines after Fatima and Ali.

Also of course The Alawid (Filali) Dynasty of The Sultans and Kings of The Monarchy of Morocco.

Last edited by a moderator:
You people have not mentioned the Abbasid. When Baghdad was attacked and occupied by the mongols, all members of the royal family went either to cairo, where we still had a caliphate ... till 1517 when these ottomans came with selim and took away cairo too.
After loosing our major strongholds, we had to defect to the arabian peninsula(palestine and jordan...not many went to damascus; Do not forget, that we are not very welcomed upon umayyads or ayyubids or in their area) and to the area, which is today pakistan's punjab, where we had great lands and holdings, which we occupied around 1100-1300.
Nevertheless, many are trying to establish themselves in the area of hashim again.

Last edited:
What do you all think about Queen Elizabeth II's possible descent from Muhammad currently? I've read a couple articles on this and the study still has some missing chains.

You all should know something Basic, Quraysh Tribe is a descendant of Abraham ? , Quraysh was not Pagan originally but they followed the Religion of Abraham?, God says in the Quran that the Custodianship of Kabah is granted to Quraysh, Leadership is in Quraysh,

The Claim that The British Royal Family is a descendant of Prophet Muhammad Sallahu alehe wa sallam cannot be debated because Islamic Law prohibits questioning of a child’s paternity further they do have a family tree which is the case with us and history does document it as well

I happen to be a Mirza[Mirzadeh)(Persian term). My mother is a Sayyid from both sides.

Back
Top Bottom