Few of their relationships:
http://geneweb.inria.fr/roglo?lang=e...olor=;i=219876

Old 10-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwegianne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna
Victoria belonged to the house of Hannover. Her husband Albert was a Coburg.

Her mother was a Coburg.
Oh, I forgot to say this. Both Victoria's mother and Albert were Coburgs. Albert was Victoria's mother's brother's son, that is, her first cousin.

Old 10-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Franz Friedrich von Sachsen-Coburg-Saalfeld, Herzog von SCS (1750-1806) and his second wife Auguste Karoline,Grafin Reuss zu Ebersdorf (1757-1831) have 9 childrens. Two of them were:
- Ernst I (1784-1844), Herzog von Sachsen-Coburg-Saalfeld 1806-1826, Herzog von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha 1826-1844 ) with his first wife 1817-1826 div, Luise von Sachsen, Herzogin von Sachsen-Altenburg (1800-1831) has 2 sons, including Albert von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha, Prinz von SCG, Herzog von Sachsen and Prince Consort of Great Britain and Ireland (1819-1861);
- Victoria (1786-1861), Prinzessin von SCS, married twice, first with Furst Emich von Leiningen (1763-1814) two children; second with Edward Augustus von Hannover, Duke of Kent (1767-1820) - Queen Victoria (1819-1901).

http://geneweb.inria.fr/roglo?lang=e...=0&color=&et=A
Old 10-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

So Queen Victoria had two older half siblings?
Old 10-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes.
1. Carl (1804-1856) Furst von Leiningen 1814-1856 married 1829-1848 div, with Marie Grafin Klebelsberg (1806-1880)- son Ernst (1830-1904) married with Marie Zahringen, Princes von Baden (1834-1899) two children. http://pages.prodigy.net/ptheroff/gotha/leiningen.html
2. Feodore (1807-1872) Princess von Leiningen married with Ernst, Prince zu Hohenlohe-Langenburg (1794-1860) six children. http://pages.prodigy.net/ptheroff/gotha/hohenlohe.html

http://geneweb.inria.fr/roglo?lang=en;i=116355
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princes...oburg-Saalfeld
Old 10-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Aristocracy

i was able to find a website devoted to Queen Victoria's Descendants. the creator gives detailed charts about every royal family that existed and who were related to Victoria. i don't think the site has been posted , and if it has, please let me know...I'm a little sketchy on the posting websites thing so I'll just give directions (i really don't want to be reprimanded again). anyways, just go on to any browser and type in descendants of queen victoria and it should be the second site listed. Hope this proves usefull to your cousin thread.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppigurl2005
i was able to find a website devoted to Queen Victoria's Descendants. the creator gives detailed charts about every royal family that existed and who were related to Victoria. i don't think the site has been posted , and if it has, please let me know...I'm a little sketchy on the posting websites thing so I'll just give directions (i really don't want to be reprimanded again). anyways, just go on to any browser and type in descendants of queen victoria and it should be the second site listed. Hope this proves usefull to your cousin thread.
This may be the site you have in mind:

http://www.btinternet.com/~allan_raymond/QV_Descendants_Statistics.htm

"You are a pest, by the very nature of that camera in your hand."
Princess Anne to a photographer
Old 10-14-2006, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

That's a very interesting page, SusanE. It might not be what Puppigurl has seen, but I like it.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:58 PM
Aristocracy

yeah, thats the page. Guess eveyone has seen it except me. i now have it bookmarked...just in case i need to figure out whose related to who some day.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 PM

The closest intermarriages seems to have occured in the Catholic Royal Families, where it was not unsual for an uncle to marry a niece.

King Constantine II of Greece and Prince Philip of UK are first cousins once removed.

King George I - Prince Andrew- Prince Philip

King George I- King Constantine- King Paul- Constantine II
Old 04-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Aristocracy

Robert Warholm's Royal site

found this site while looking for royal cousins. All you have to do is click on the royal house that you want to look at, click on FAQ and scroll down to the very end to see how every monarch is related to that particular house. It's quite helpful.

http://ftp.cac.psu.edu/~saw/royal/royalgen.html

This site is also helpful...and very complex (starts with the British Royal family and keeps on building)
Old 05-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Royal Highness

Is the princely family of Monaco related to any other royals? I'm pretty sure they are not through the close ties that other royal families are, but are they related anywhere?
Old 05-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

The page warholm.nu is very interesting for the relationships of the royal Europe. The exact relation is reported. It's very easy to understand because he had discribed the relation of each monarch to another monarch.
Old 05-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1
Is the princely family of Monaco related to any other royals? I'm pretty sure they are not through the close ties that other royal families are, but are they related anywhere?
Denmark: Queen Margrethe II and the late Prince Rainier were 5th cousins once removed (5th cousin twice removed for Prince Albert)

Sweden: King Carl Gustaf and the late Prince Rainier were 5th cousins once removed (same as Denmark)

Norway: King Harald V and the late Prince Rainier were 6th cousins once removed (making Prince Albert King Harald V's 6th cousin twice removed...)

Belgium: King Albert II and the late Prince Rainier were 4th cousins (which makes Prince Albert his 4th cousin once removed)

Netherlands: Queen Beatrix and the late Prince Rainier were 6th cousins (making Prince Albert her 6th cousin once removed)

Luxmebourg: Grand Duke Henri and the late Prince Rainier were 4th cousins once removed (which makes Prince Albert his 4th cousin twice removed)

Spain: King Juan Carlos and the late Prince Rainier were 5th cousins (making Prince Albert his 5th cousin once removed)

Liechtenstien: Prince Hans-Adams and the late Prince Rainier were 5th cousins (which makes Prince Albert his 5th cousin once removed)

Bulgaria: King Simeon II and the late Prince Rainier were 5th cousins once removed (making Prince Albert his 5th cousin twice removed)

Romania: King Mihai I and the late Prince Rainer were 4th cousins. (whcih makes Prince Albert his 4th cousin once removed)

Yugoslavia: Crown Prince Alexander and the late Prince Rainier were 4th cousins once removed (which makes Prince Albert his 4th cousin twice removed)

Greece: King Constantine II and the late Prince Rainier were 6th cousins (making him and Prince Albert 6th cousins once removed)

Portugal: Prince Duarte Pio and the late Prince Rainier were 7th cousins (making him and Prince Albert 7th cousins once removed)

anyone who wants to make corrections with the relations, please do.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Serene Highness

Hans Adams of Liechtenstein is a cousin of Queen Elizabeth. Does anyone know if they are related to other royals?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 05-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Commoner

Hans Adam II is a third cousin to both Albert II of Belgium and Grand Duke Henri through Michael I of Portugal.

Michael I - Maria Theresa - Elisabeth - Franz Joseph II - Hans Adam II
Michael I - Maria Josepha - Elisabeth - Leopold III - Albert II

Henri has more than one line of descent from Michael I. He and Hans Adam are third cousins through GD Jean and third cousins once removed through Josephine-Charlotte.

Michael I - Maria Anna - Charlotte - Jean - Henri

Michael I - Maria Antonia - Felix - Jean - Henri

Michael I - Maria Josepha - Elisabeth - Leopold III - Josephine-Charlotte - Henri
Old 05-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks for the info!

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 05-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

How Were" Willy and Nicky" Related
Old 05-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

They were distant cousins (can another member tell how?) but they were closely related through marriage. Nicholas' wife, Alexandra, was Willy's first cousin (their mothers were sisters). However, Alexandra had always disliked Willy.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Aristocracy

King Michael is:
-first cousin with Constantine II, his mother was Constantine's father's sister; -first cousin once removed with Alexander II of Yugoslavia(Alexander's maternal grandfather was brother to queen Helen-mother of Michael);
-second cousin with Prince Charles(Charles' paternal grandfather and Michael's maternal grandfather were brothers)
-second cousin once removed with Prince Felipe
-third cousin with Queen Elizabeth II
-third cousin with King Juan Carlos
-third cousin with king Harald V