Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Genealogy

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer View Post
Here is a link that I found years ago when I first started on the web
Royal and Noble Genealogical Data on the Web

I would surf this website for hours when I first found it. Some aspects of it do need to be updated, but its still interesting.

Here are some more sites:

Hein's Royal Genealogy Page
Henri van Oene's Royal Genealogies Page
http://www.royalgenealogy.com/
http://www.xs4all.nl/~kvenjb/genealogy_nl/nassau/nassau.htm & http://www.xs4all.nl/~kvenjb/gennl.htm
Hein Bruins site is the best,if it isn't in there,it never existed,just fabulous work!!

The latest additions being the geneology on Tjalling ten Cate,husband of HRH Princess Margarita,
and on Eva Prinz,wife of Bernardo Guillermo,grandson to Queen Juliana.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:09 AM

Found this great useful website with helpful information
Find Your Noble Ancestors: Home

check it out

Old 01-10-2011, 05:59 AM
Commoner

Descendents of The Electress Sophia.

I see in an earlier post mention of a gedcom file being produced but no further details.

I have been working on producing a gedcom file for the descendants of the Electress Sophia who are eligible to inherit the British Throne.

Working in a similar fashion to above I started with Victoria's descendants and the backwards.

Having completed the task and confirmed Karin Vogel as last in line I'm now trying to add all the Illigitimate lines as well.

My interest is in the statistics of her descendants i.e how many there are in each generation. the longest lived, the most children, the number of twins and triplets etc. So including the Illigitimate lines is essential.

One thing that is apparent is how much more difficult it is to get details of current living descendants. Particularly from female lines of descent.

Has anyone else ever managed to complete this task?
Old 02-04-2011, 06:21 PM
Commoner

Death of William Addams Reitwiesner, Genealogist

Just noticed on the WARGS home page that William Addams Reitwiesner died at Washington, D.C., 12 November 2010.

For any body who has researched the descendants of the Electress Sophia his pages have been a valuable tool.

many thanks for all your wonderful work Willam and may you rest in peace
Old 02-05-2011, 01:05 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I'd just discovered WARGS site only three months before Mr.Reitwiesner died. What a tremendous loss. Yes, may he rest in peace.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:22 AM
Administrator

-> wargs.com homepage: http://www.wargs.com/

Descendants of pre-1918 connections:

Click here to see the descendants of Vittoria Guerrieri (1848-1905).
Click here to see the descendants of Gräfin Amalie von Hügel, geb. Gräfin von Hohenstein (1838-1893).
Click here to see the descendants of Pauline von Kirbach (1854-1914).
Click here to see the descendants of Karl, Prinz von Schwarzburg-Sondershausen (1772-1842).
Click here to see the descendants of Ludwig Hz in Bayern (1831-1920).
Click here to see the descendants of Bonnie Prince Charlie (1720-1788).
Click here to see the descendants of Friederike, Freiin v Pawel-Rammingen (1848-1926).
Click here to see the descendants of Alexander, Graf von Pölzig (1804-1884).
Click here to see the descendants of William, Duke of Cumberland (1721-1765).
Click here to see the descendants of Emmanuel, Graf von Mensdorff-Pouilly (1777-1852).
Click here to see the descendants of Friedrich, Fürst von Noer (1800-1865).
Click here to see the descendants of George I, King of Great Britain (1660-1727).
Click here to see the descendants of Marie, Duchess of Mecklenburg-Strelitz (1878-1948).
Click here to see the descendants of Archduke Ernst (1824-1899).
Click here to see some of the descendants of Archduchess Luise, Crown Princess of Saxony (1870-1947).
Click here to see the descendants of Princess Elvira de Bourbon (1871-1929).
Click here to see the descendants of Princess Alicia de Bourbon (1876-1975).
Click here to see some of the descendants of Landgrave Georg Wilhelm von Hessen-Darmstadt (1722-1782).
Click here to see some of the descendants of Lilly Stockhammer (1891-1952).
Click here to see the descendants of greve Carl Axel Löwenhielm (1770-1861).

Descendants of post-1918 connections:

Click here to see the descendants of Zizi Lambrino (1898-1953).
Click here to see the descendants of Alexander Principe della Torre e Tasso (1881-1937).

Others

Click here to see the ancestry of Princess Anna Cecilia of Bourbon-Sicily (b. 1971).
Click here to see the ancestry of Princess Tamara Czartoryska (b. 1978).
Click here to see the ancestry of Countess Ilka zu Ortenburg (b. 1942).
Click here to see the ancestry of Cardinal Christoph Schönborn (b. 1945).
Old 09-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Serene Highness

I have a question if you become a genealogist can you yourself become a royal genealogist and just how do you become a royal historian because both areas intrigue me, just that these are not offered in school.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Commoner

What happened to the Geneology pages at http://www8.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/cgi-bi

Have they finally been pulled down ? I know they hadn't been updated since 2002 or 2003, but still they were vast and yes had some mistakes but were mostly right and easier to maneuver around than others.

When did they come down ? They were working as of last summer (2011) I know because I was working with them then.

http://www8.informatik.uni-erlangen..../LANG=engl/?e1
Old 05-08-2012, 06:08 AM
Majesty

One does appreciate the register building up here of the result of "hard work" by others...Maybe it is also nice to mention Courtesy Hein Bruins instead of flying with work done by others only.He is the one with the most fantastic Geneology page you have this information from,and I want to see him credited for that......,as is custom everywhere,so here it is.Thank you.And please do mention him in relation to the geneology link you post.He owns it,and deserves it as he provides us with the most meticulous list and geneology page there is.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Whilst it's fair to thank the writer of the website, it's also extremely helpful of Biri to continually post the news rather than leave it to us to find. Credit where credit is due and Biri deserves some. on all of the posts Biri writes they list the source, not claiming it for themselves.
Every time a picture is posted for a royals current events, you don't thank the photographer every single time.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Majesty

Ofcourse,credit where credit is due Lumutqueen,I agree!So,so that goes first of all to Hein Bruins and no-one else while we here just profit from all the work that goes into maintaining a geneology website,as I have seen for myself numerous times at his place.And he appreciates the acknowledgement too.All that for Biri to copy here and without whom she had nothing to post here in this thread as ofcourse you will agree.Yes,I always make a point of giving credit to photographers,every time,they deserve that,they make most go ohh and ahh or give pleasure otherwise,so yes,they will have their credits.Without doing so we would be nothing less then free-loaders,others have to pay for the pics you know,and big money too,so,let's consider ourselves lucky,...for the time being.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Courtier

Hein Bruins is a very productive member of Nobiliana and Nobiliana and Hein provide each other of interesting genealogical information about Royalty.
Some of Hein's information come from Nobiliana, some are originaly found by other members of Nobiliana (with original sources as Carnet Mondain, Daily Telegraph announcements, Le Figaro or Svenska Dagbladet).
There you can find the exact dates.
Special thanks are for Anuschka and Netty and of course Hein
Old 05-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Majesty

Plus Hein knows most families he writes about personally,and thus has immediate access.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:02 AM

I use mostly Build Your Online Family Tree, Share Your Family History and Improve Your Genealogy Research - GeneaNet
Old 06-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Commoner

Hi

I am new here but am building a website of interest to the British Royal Family past and present, so please take a look. It will be expanding every week and so any advice or tips plus any requests, please look at www.britishroyalfamilytree.com
Old 04-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Courtier

Paul theroff website

Anybody know how to achieve Paul Theroff´s website? (Royal Genealogy/Royal News) He runs it under "Angelfire" but I can´t open angelfire anymore.

Thanks in advance, Stefanie
Old 04-06-2014, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm still able to find his site at www.angelfire.com/realm/gotha/
Old 04-07-2014, 03:38 PM
Courtier

Thank you, Ish, meanwhile it works again!
Old 04-30-2014, 11:42 PM

imperialfamily.ru
Old 05-01-2014, 05:04 AM
Courtier

The Peerage