Marriages between Descendants of the Electress Sophia of Hanover (1630-1714)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Lewis

Commoner
City
Milton Keynes
Country
United Kingdom
I have been working on trying to list all the marriages between descendants of the electress Sophia.

I have found 413 up to 1 Jan 2011

I have managed to find dates for all but 3 of them so would be grateful for any help to complete the list

The 3 I am missing are
-Keith ASKEW-Joann ARONT-
Robert VON STEINAU-STEINRÜCK-Gabriele Davida Elisabeth VON MOLTKE
PrinceFriedrich Christian ZU SCHAUMBURG-LIPPEPrincessMarie Luise ZU SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN-SONDERBURG-GLÜCKSBURG
I would like to post up the complete list but it exceed the 10000 character limit

:previous:

According to An Online Gotha, the civil wedding between Prince Friedrich Christian of Schaumburg-Lippe and Princess Marie Luise of Schleswig-Holstein took place on 8 October 1962. Their religious wedding took place on 15 october 1962.

-Keith ASKEW-Joann ARONT-
Keith Askew and Joan Aront married in 1981 or 1982. Their two children - Philipp and Tatiana Askew - were born respectively in 1983 and 1984.
The information on their children can be found here (among other sources). The information on their marriage is through a private sources and cannot be posted here.

I would like to post up the complete list but it exceed the 10000 character limit
You could post the information in several posts; it sounds very interesting and I'm sure a lot of people here would appreciate such detailed account. :)

According to An Online Gotha, the civil wedding between Prince Friedrich Christian of Schaumburg-Lippe and Princess Marie Luise of Schleswig-Holstein took place on 8 October 1962. Their religious wedding took place on 15 october 1962.

Many thanks for that.
Dont know why my google searches didnt pick up that information from that site as i have used it bofore.

Keith Askew and Joan Aront married in 1981 or 1982. Their two children - Philipp and Tatiana Askew - were born respectively in 1983 and 1984.
The information on their children can be found here (among other sources). The information on their marriage is through a private sources and cannot be posted here.

You could post the information in several posts; it sounds very interesting and I'm sure a lot of people here would appreciate such detailed account. :)

Thanks for that. The link to the site with the children is from a list I completed for WARGS I actualy got the information from Geneall.net
However it doesnt list the parents date of marriage. Very frustrating.

If their marriage was in the UK i might be able to get the fdate by searching on ancestry. Knowing it was between 1982 and 1983 will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been trying to post but the 10000 character limit is rather restrictive i would have to post them inbatches of under 20 marriages per post meaning over 20 posts

10,000 characters for 20 marriages = 500 characters per entry, on average. David are you sure this is what is required?

I've no idea of your formatting or how much information is contained in each entry, but using the following as an example...

Elizabeth II (b 21 April 1926), elder dau of George VI & Elizabeth née Bowes-Lyon, m 20 November 1947
Philip (b 10 June 1921), son of Prince Andrew of Greece & Princess Alice née Battenberg.

= just under 200 characters, including spaces.

If you would be doing a cut and paste from your original database directly into each post, from an Admin and Forums point of view the number of posts required isn't an issue. However, if you have to re-type or re-format everything then I understand it is a great deal of work indeed.

For interest's sake, would you be able to post just one marriage entry as an example to give us all an idea of how it looks?

Back
Top Bottom