Italy: Savoy, Bourbon-Two Sicilies, and Other Dynasties

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jo of Palatine

Heir Apparent
City
Munich
Country
Germany
How does the line of the Bourbon-Two Sicilies go back to the last king of Naples-Sicily? I thought he had only a daughter?

Jo of Palatine said:
How does the line of the Bourbon-Two Sicilies go back to the last king of Naples-Sicily? I thought he had only a daughter?
The got to the half-brother of the last King:

Fernando II. - Francesco II.

the spanish line:
Fernando II. - Alfonso Count of Caserta - Carlo - Alfonso, Duke of Calabria - Carlos, Duke of Calbria - Pedro, Duke of Noto

the italian line:
Fernando II. - Alfonso, Count of Caserta - Rainieri, Duke of Castro - Ferdnando, Duke of Castro - Carlos, Duke of Calabria

a detailed Genealogy can be found on the Genealogy section of my Website

Ferdinando II di Borbone
1) 1832 Maria-Cristina di Savoia 1812-1836 = Francesco II roi des Deux-Siciles 1836-1894
2) 1837 archduchess Maria Theresia von Habsburg-Lothringen 1816-1867 = Alfonso comte de Caserte 1841 - 1934 + Antonietta di Borbone principessa dele Due Sicilie 1851-1938 =
1. Carlo infante de Espana 1870-1949 1) Maria de las Mercedes de Borbon princesa de Asturias 1880-1904
=Alfonso II de Borbon duc de Calabre, comte de Caserte 1901-1964 + Alice di Borbone principessa di BorboneParma 1917- = Carlos I duc de Calabre 1938- + Anne d'Orleans 1938- = Pedro duc de Noto 1968
(he was a father of the late Countess of Barcelona)
2. Rainieri duc de Castro 1883-1973 + Caroline comtesse Zamoyska 1896-1968 = Ferdinand de Bourbon duc de Castro 1926- + Chantal de Chevron-Villette 1925-2005 = Charles duc de Calabre and de Noto 1963-
http://geneweb.inria.fr/roglo?lang=en&m=NG&n=alfonso+di+borbone&t=PN
http://pages.prodigy.net/ptheroff/gotha/2sicilies.html

Another link to the House of Savoy:
Link- to the main website
Link - the link to the actual family tree

Got the links from this post over in the Italian subforum.

On Genweb I found a Doria family which few members were Console di Genova.

I wonder if Marina Doria, Princess de Naples is somehow related to this family?

Anyone know anything about Marina's family?

Link to Doria families trees.
http://geneweb.inria.fr/roglo?lang=en&m=NG&n=doria&t=N

Thanks.

Last edited:
Bourbon-Two Sicilies genealogy

Excuse me, but I have questions. I know, that Chantal de Chevron Vilette was mother of Beatrice de Bourbon Two Sicilies. Ñaroline, comtesse Zamoyska was the grandmother of Beatrice de Bourbon Two Sicilies. These women were married for chapters of the House of Two Sicilies. Excuse me, but unless these marriages are not mismarriages?

Russian said:
Excuse me, but I have questions. I know, that Chantal de Chevron Vilette was mother of Beatrice de Bourbon Two Sicilies. Ñaroline, comtesse Zamoyska was the grandmother of Beatrice de Bourbon Two Sicilies. These women were married for chapters of the House of Two Sicilies. Excuse me, but unless these marriages are not mismarriages?

As long as these marriages have been accepted, they are dynastic. Caroline's mother was a Bourbon and her grand mother was an Habsburg.

But Chantal de Chevron Vilette occurs from ancient French aristocratic family?

Caroline's mother was a Bourbon
But its father was the Polish aristocrat?

Russian said:
But Chantal de Chevron Vilette occurs from ancient French aristocratic family?

Yes. Maybe not one of the most glorious but a very ancient one.

But its father was the Polish aristocrat?

Yes, a polish count.

Means, Beatrice and her sister Anne are the present French princesses of blue Bourbon blood!

Last edited:
Help with finding information on Victor Emmanuel II of Italy

This is my first post here, so hopefully someone can help me out. I'm working on a project to find out if a family story is true, so any help here will be great.

To start, I'm looking for any information on the family tree of Victor Emmanuel the second. According to my family lore, I'm some how related. The story goes that my great grand mother was born in Italy under the name " Lina Scardovi" in 1891. It was near the town of Lucca, and her father apparently owned part of a railroad network. She came to the USA to visit family (her uncle and aunt as I'm told) who is said to be well known singers by the last name of "Romboli". While in America she met my great grandfather and fell in love. She wrote home telling family she was staying in the USA due to being asked to marry my great grandfather. The rest of the family life story goes from there really. My grandfather says she (Lina) was a cousin of the king, making me have some percentage of royal blood.

What I've found out so far is that Lina was in fact from Italy(I actually found a photo of her grave on the internet, that's pretty ninja). there was a singer named "Gaetano Romboli" who was a baritone as my grandfather said Lina's uncle was. At this point I'm having a very hard time tracking down any vital records, mostly because my Italian is awful and I have no idea how italy stores that kind of information. My best guess is to find the most intact family tree I can and work from there. I'm honestly a medical student, not a historian...so I need some help. If anyone could give even a small shred of help I'd be very thankful.

Welcome to the forum, any relationship between Don Vittorio Emanuele and a Ms Scardovi with possible offspring can only have been a pre- or extra-marital relationship. Don Vittorio Emanuele was a lover of the females and had numerous children out of wedlock, by various maîtresses in various parts of Italy. In general it is assumed that these offspring were given the surname ‘Guerriero’ or ‘Guerrieri’, with an official registration . So that they were able to receive an apanage or a pension.

When your great-grandmother Lina was born in 1891, she can not have been a daughter of Don Vittorio Emanuele, since he died 13 years earlier... :)

Interesting. This is the first real time anyone in my family is trying to track down the truth of the story. I have no real idea if it's true or not, so forgive me if it sounds crazy. Where would you suggest I look for more information? All the major websites to any family tree information are not working. I'm honestly thinking "lina" is some kind of Americanized form of another name, but again I'm awful at Italian so have no idea.

edit: With some help, I found out Lina's biological parents are Alfredo Scardovi and Ida Nutini. Not sure if it's worth any help here, But it's what I have for now. Sadly it seems that the 1800's are a crap shoot for records, oh well....more research.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom