The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Genealogy

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-16-2015, 08:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is interesting that people stress royals should follow their heart etc. etc. but when they have found a partner, really all efforts are done to trace any blue blood somewhere...

It is widely known by genealogists that everyone has both royal and commoner ancestors. As we say in France, "tout le monde descend d'un roi et d'un pendu" ("everyone is descended from a king and a hanged man"). So it is common practice to try to find hanged men in a king's ancestors, and royal in a commoner's ancestors.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:56 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It is interesting that people stress royals should follow their heart etc. etc. but when they have found a partner, really all efforts are done to trace any blue blood somewhere...

You took the words right out of my mouth Duc. I thought that Kate's great appeal-to her fans anyway-is that she is not an aristocrat, that she is the girl-next-door descendant of coal miners? Isn't that what the public, and more pointedly William-wanted? Surely if he'd wanted a true noblewoman he could have married one.

And yet, almost before the ink was dry on the engagement announcement the Middletons were having a Coat-of-Arms and signet rings designed for themselves, and here are some posters eagerly searching for any sign of Royal descent?

Old 03-20-2015, 01:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
You took the words right out of my mouth Duc. I thought that Kate's great appeal-to her fans anyway-is that she is not an aristocrat, that she is the girl-next-door descendant of coal miners? Isn't that what the public, and more pointedly William-wanted? Surely if he'd wanted a true noblewoman he could have married one.

And yet, almost before the ink was dry on the engagement announcement the Middletons were having a Coat-of-Arms and signet rings designed for themselves, and here are some posters eagerly searching for any sign of Royal descent?
William wanted Catherine. He has never commented on her genealogy. He rarely comments on his own. The British media(which is mostly owned by aristocrats), is much more snobbish than the BRF. The only way they can justify to themselves that Catherine is worthy of love as if she has a drop of blue blood. As they see it, commoners and complex emotions don't mix. They have a very low opinion of their readership.

As for the Coat-of-Arms, all royal brides are required to get them. Sophie Rhys-Jones had to have one designed too. I read that the signet rings that Carole, Pippa, and James occasionally wear are not Family Crests, but rather the Arms/Silks of the race horse stable that Middleton's have partial ownership in. I know it sounds zany, but as a racing fan I can assure you that horse owners take their position very seriously.

For example, the very pampered horse Tiago is owned by the Moss family. All their premier horses drink Evian water, exclusively.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:09 AM
Heir Apparent

The genealogy of the British Royals has already been established so they are always going to do the genealogy of the person marrying into especially when that person is going to be Queen and their children future monarchs.

It is always going to be easier to find the more wealthier side of a family since there will be more of paper trail than a poorer side. So the aristocrat will be found but the illiterate laborer not at all.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-21-2015, 03:32 AM
Nobility

I noticed that on this thread some have said the Duchess of Cambridge is descended from George Washington. This is impossible, George Washington had no children, just two stepchildren, so no one is directly descended from him.
Old 04-21-2015, 04:17 AM
Courtier

I believe it is something like she is a descendant of the sister of Martha Washington.... or something like that.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Kate and George Washington are cousins

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-research.html

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community