Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Genealogy

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Commoner

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Deborah View Post
Then we are cousins!
What resources are available to study details from that far back? Court records? Diaries and journals?
Good to hear from you.
Yes, that we are

Depends on which country you deal with. If you're dealing with her and Henry II, then there is quite a bit of info in various places...namely court rolls, pipe rolls, catalogues of ancient deeds etc. If you'd like some links to these, I can give them to you. There mightn't be too much in them about Eleanor as an individual, depends on what she was up to at the time. There are also plenty of historical texts written about her by historians and antiquarians such as Alison Weir, Lisa Hilton etc. They supply quite a few other texts and such in their appendices and bibliographies.

I would imagine that there are French records similar to the ones they have kept in England that would be of assistance to you.

Actually, Wikipedia has a very good rundown on her, with quite a few references for you to look at.... Eleanor of Aquitaine

Old 12-15-2010, 10:17 AM
Gentry

Yes I've seen wikipedia. I'm most interested in the French side and the life also of Alix de France.
How are you descended? From Eleanor and Henry II?

Old 12-15-2010, 10:27 AM
Commoner

Smile

Quote:
Yes I've seen wikipedia. I'm most interested in the French side and the life also of Alix de France.
How are you descended? From Eleanor and Henry II?
Yes, from Eleanor and Henry II. They're my 27th Great Grandparents

You also know that through her you have a blood link to Brooke Shields and a number of other celebrities
Old 12-15-2010, 10:51 AM
Gentry

I'm aware of many descendants, yes. Actually more interested in elenor's ancestors I.e.Charlemagne et al
Old 12-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Commoner

Smile

Quote:
I'm aware of many descendants, yes. Actually more interested in elenor's ancestors I.e.Charlemagne et al
Just one of her famous ancestors. She's also a great grand-daughter of Rollo as well. Henry "The Fowler" is another. Her mother and grandmother were known as very beautiful women, as well as herself.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Gentry

I don't think that last attribute of hers has made it down to me LOL!
I'm fortunate to have the descent details from her down through the centuries.
Near where I live there is a house /museum which was built in 1781. When I give tours or attend events (I'm on the board of the place) I dress in formal dress from that period and portray one of my ancestors who i know lived during that time and was even my approximate whe in 1781! It's a lot of fun and visitors love the touch of authenticity!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Commoner

Smile

That would be very interesting to go to
I imagine you get a lot of enjoyment out of dressing up in the part

There are different forms of beauty, you know. Eleanor and many of the other girls in the family have the looks, but there are others who also take it to other dimensions. Phillipa of Hainault was a very kind and compassionate lady, liked by everyone...for instance. Some were very intellectual (Eleanor was no slouch when it came to the brains department), such as Leonilla Baryatinskaya and Anna Komnene. There's a painting of Leonilla in the J Paul Getty Museum, in LA. She was 27 at the time. Nice painting, actually. Anna wrote the Alexiad...a biography of her father Alexios Komnenos, the Byzantine Emperor...apart from a number of other works. She was one of the first women historians.

There's much to commend the women in the family, even today.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:53 AM

CHARLES IX FRANCE CHARLES MAXIMILLIAN CAPETHOUSE VALOIS VALOIS ANGOULEME
AKA Charles IX King of France 1561-74
Charles IX, King of France, was the third son of Henri II and Catherine de Medici. At first he bore the title of Duke of Orleans.

Father: Henri II
Mother: Catherine de Medici
Brother: Francis II
Brother: Henri III
Wife: Elisabeth of Austria (m. 26-Nov-1570)
Daughter: Marie-Elisabeth (b. 27-Oct-1572, d. 9-Apr-1578)
Son: Charles (by Marie Touchet)
Mistress: Marie Touchet

He was my 14th Great Grandfather does that make me any kind of royalty?
LOUISE DESAVOIE SAVOY was my 17th Great Grandmother
so could I be royalty? My 14th Great Grandfather was KIng Charles IX King of France 1561-74
Old 06-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Administrator

No. You are a descendant of royalty.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:28 PM

So am I....