Exposing Imposters

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Message on Twitter:
Rafe Heydel-Mankoo ‏@RafHM 2h

In this Australian TV programme shown last week, I help to expose two self-styled Polish princes living in Australia: Today Tonight Adelaide

So I noticed a certain duchess at events and also in society blogs...I'm wondering how she is related to royalty. Her name is Gabrielle Choo and styles herself as Duchess von Schoeneberg. She even has a facebook page for herself. I can't seem to find anything on the Schoenebergs...

So I noticed a certain duchess at events and also in society blogs...I'm wondering how she is related to royalty. Her name is Gabrielle Choo and styles herself as Duchess von Schoeneberg. She even has a facebook page for herself. I can't seem to find anything on the Schoenebergs...

Familie von Schönberg
Maybe she's related to this family?

There is no Duchy of Schönberg...Imposters you know..Everywhere,but never more to be found then on Facebook...:whistling:
I had a gut feeling that she was an imposter. I can't find anything in German nobility records and even on the family site. She goes to Le Bal de Crillon and somehow secures these exclusive invites which made me think...well, maybe? Maybe there's an obscure branch in a former colony? Perhaps it's just money since her husband (Christopher Choo) is on a TV show with "Baron von Wittenstein" (if that even exists).:ermm:

In Norway an entire family from the town Bergen named Fosse changed their name to Hohenzollern in 2012 and claimed to be out-of-wedlock descendants of William II, styled themselves as Imperial Highnesses, Grand Princes, Ladies and whatnot, and duped several Norwegian media (Her er keiser Wilhelms bergenske oldebarn | ba.no ) into reporting their hoax as true. They called their family "The Imperial House of Fosse-Hohenzollern" and made a website about this "royal house" (Kaiser Wilhelm II in Norway - Fosse Hohenzollern , the contents of which has since been modified after genealogists rejected their claims ). They also aggressively promoted the hoax across the Internet and managed to have Geni's main profile on William II include their grandfather Anders Elias Fosse, who was a petty criminal from Bergen of very modest family background, very much the opposite of upper class.

Here are some of them:

"Linn Cesilie Fosse Hohenzollern" (née Linn Cesilie Fosse) (who now styles herself as "Lady Hohenzollern", probably confusing German and English title traditions)
http://plus.google.com/114260891475196477941 (telling lies here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/alt.talk.royalty/fkOgL4GTEyA/n7SQHhA7Hm8J )

"Svenn Ove Fosse Hohenzollern" (né Svenn Ove Fosse)
http://www.facebook.com/svennove.fosse

"Kenneth-Wilhelm Fosse von Hohenzollern" (né Kenneth Fosse) http://www.facebook.com/kennethwilhelmfossevon.hohenzollern

"Jan Harald Fosse Hohenzollern" (né Jan Harald Fosse)
http://www.facebook.com/jan.h.fosse.5

"Øyvind Fosse Hohenzollern" (né Øyvind Fosse):
Dette er Godteland-konseptet | Videomagasinet | Videomagasinet (who likes to call himself "His Royal Highness Grand Prince Øyvind Fosse von Hohenzollern" Sovereign Royal and Imperial House of Rurikovich - Investiture of The Sovereign Order of Saint John of Jerusalem ? Knights of Malta and who also "holds the Honor Title as: Honorary Count of the House Rurikovich" according to the website of another self-styled royal house: Alliance Houses ).

Several others, and it just gets worse.
Chiara F. Hohenzollern"
http://www.facebook.com/chiara.dainelli.3
who is even abusing the name to publish books!
Chiara Hohenzollern | Official Publisher Page
She styles herself as "H.R.H. Princess Princess Chiara F. Hohenzollen"

Her husband, born Kenneth Fosse, now styles himself as "H.R.H. Prince Kenneth-Wilhelm F. Von Hohenzollern."
E.A. James Swagger - 053 Princess Chiara

There is a long discussion about the Fosse-"Hohenzollern" family in Norwegian here where their claims are thoroughly refuted by Norwegian genealogists. hvem er jeg ? hvor kommer jeg fra ? :) " Er kirkebøker feil ? - Spør Statsarkivet i Bergen - Arkivverket

Several members of the family participated there, but continue to style themselves as "Princes" and purport to be members of the Hohenzollern family.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
Anyone who does even the most basic research would easily discover the fraudulent nature of these claims. The Hohenzollern genealogy is more or less public record and accessible to anyone with internet access. The Fosse family's use of Royal/Imperial styles & titles is so obviously absurd they expose themselves, and only the most gullible would fall for it.

How does having access to Princess Margaret's and the Queen Mum's will help him determine if Margaret is his mother?

Wouldn't a DNA test from a relative of his supposed father or one of PM's children be better?

Why not PM's medical record?

He just wants access to the wills to see how much they were worth. I too want to see the Queen Mum's will. (I guess I'm her child she had very very very late in life. Or maybe I'm the Queen's child from her '3rd family'.:lol:

The man once said he was Edward VIII's son, and then Prince Philip's.

Wonder who'll be next?

What doesn't make sense to me is the belief he has that there would be information regarding the birth in Margaret's will. Even if she had conceived, delivered and then gave a child away and never ever talked about it again, there would be absolutely no reason for her to mention it in her will as I really doubt that she'd all of a sudden decide she was going to leave this person something.

Body double? Whatever this guy was smoking, I want some. :ROFLMAO:

He just wants access to the wills to see how much they were worth. I too want to see the Queen Mum's will.

Me too! :flowers:

I heard she left everything to the Queen (for tax purposes). Then I heard the rumor that she left it all to her favorite grandchild. Then I heard she set up trust funds for all her great-grandchildren!

It would be interesting to know the truth.

He hasn't "won" access to Princess Margaret's will.
Rather, he was granted permission to seek a judicial review of the decision to refuse him access under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

If he does proceed to seek a judicial review, that review, if and when it takes place, may or may not uphold the original decision.
In the meantime, a decision to refuse him access under another Act or instrument may be found.

There's a long way for this to go yet.

Robert Brown has siblings.

Has he taken a DNA test to determine if infact he does have different parents than his siblings?

The only thing I read was that he felt his parents treated him differently and that is the bases for him looking at Margaret as a substitute parent.

He just wants access to the wills to see how much they were worth. I too want to see the Queen Mum's will. (I guess I'm her child she had very very very late in life. Or maybe I'm the Queen's child from her '3rd family'.:lol:

COUSIN! I'm the Queen Mum's great-granddaughter via a secret son from the Queen Mum's 2nd secret family. I take it she left the Delhi Dunbar tiara to you... :ROFLMAO:

He should call Maury because the DNA does not lie...

Anyway, it would be interesting to see QMum and PM's wills for their historical value and to figure what's in those royal vaults!

Robert Brown seems to have taken a page from that of William Lloyd Lavery, who claims to be the son of Tsarevitch Alexis, and his so called 'stepfather' didn't like when his so called 'stepmother' would tell him stories about William's connection to Princess Marina and Alexis. He uses the name: 'Michael Gray' in his book called 'Blood Relative'. This Gonzaga prince seems legitimate. I wonder if Emmanuel Filiberto and the rest of the royal house of Savoia know anything about him?

I suppose everyone has heard of "Prince Michael Stewart", pretender to the Jacobite throne of Scotland. He had many convinced. I was on a Marie Stewart board quite a few years ago, and some there were convinced. But somehow he was exposed as a fraud some time after I left the board.
However, he had an interesting genealogy claim, which I bumped into quite by accident when trying to find my 12th century ancestors in Renfrewshire, Scotland. I am sure he must be "Person 29" on Rootsweb. I can tell this because of the footnotes, throughout, which signify to me that this is Michael. I found that he had a common ancestor with me (on his genealogy on Rootsweb), that is, Eschyna de Molle, wife of Sir Robert Croce and later wife of Walter Fitzallen. I just found Sir Robert this summer, through a roundabout search based in the scholarly book "Normans in Scotland", and then a web search which finally made sense because of information gleaned in the book. I had been unable to fit the dates of Eschyna and Robert into the scenario that Eschyna married Walter Filzallen after the death of Robert, until I found "Michael Stewart"'s genealogy, which had these people at dates which allowed for two marriages for Eschyna.
I think Michael hired a thorough researcher to do his genealogy even if it was fake. It helped me out--I would not spend that kind of research money which "Prince Michael" must have done.

I am descended from Eschyna's marriage to Sir Robert Croce, through their daughter isabel, who married my previously known ancestor Robert Pollock. What info I've found on Sir Robert Croce has been interesting to me, putting "flesh" on a previously obscure person who died young after building a wooden castle and chapel in what is now the Glasgow suburb of Crookston (Croce's Toun). Sir Robert was one of the Norman entourage of Walter Fitzallen who settled Renfrewshire after arriving from England.

Last edited:
Russophile: I just wanted to make clear that the Duchess of Windsor's first husband's last name was 'Spencer', and Warfield was part of her maiden name. Also, she was supposedly married to Win Spencer, and cheated on him and had an abortion and was left barren after that. Her first name was Bessy, so it was Bessy Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson Windsor. I wonder if Elizabeth Windsor Cragg if she is still around knows those facts?

Russophile: I just wanted to make clear that the Duchess of Windsor's first husband's last name was 'Spencer', and Warfield was part of her maiden name. Also, she was supposedly married to Win Spencer, and cheated on him and had an abortion and was left barren after that. Her first name was Bessy, so it was Bessy Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson Windsor. I wonder if Elizabeth Windsor Cragg if she is still around knows those facts?

She wouldn't have ever been "Bessy Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson Windsor" as she didn't continue using her various surnames after marriages started/ended.

At birth she was Bessy Wallis Warfield. After her first marriage she was Mrs. Earl Winfield Spencer, Jr. After her second marriage she was Mrs. Ernest Aldrich Simpson. At some point she stopped using "Bessy" and began using "Wallis," and in May 1937 she became, by deed poll, Mrs. Wallis Warfield. After her third marriage her surname would have been Windsor.

She says she is a Russian princess. First the article says she is descended from an aristocratic family that lost its castle in the revolution. Then it calls her a descendant of Nicolas II - definitely not.

Russian Princess Olga Roh 'can't wait to visit Scottish castle' | Mail Online
Nowhere on the internet that I can find is there any mention of Olga Roh's maiden name, her father's name, or the name of the "family palace in Moscow" [not St Petersburg?].
The closest is this magazine cover where her full name is given as Olga Chakhovskaya-Roh.
Assuming for the moment that Chakhovskaya is her maiden name, a check of the Wiki list of Russian Princely Families doesn't show anything remotely close.

The premise of the show is mean, I agree. It does set out to make fools of the women, and to trick them.

At the same time though, they have to be incredibly naive if they buy into the idea that a British Prince (or really, any European Royal from a reigning house) would engage in a Bachelor-style reality TV show looking for a bride.

To me it seems more likely that the women in the show are well aware that the "Prince Harry" of the show isn't actually Harry and are simply actresses.

You certainly cannot by titles but you could if you were nobles between the 13th to the 14th Centuries especially if you were high up on the Royal Court Nobility List and you actually did enough things as well as doing deals with the Royal Families whom were in power then. It was a time when scandles were more pronounced because of the corruption in the Roman Catholic Church and the British Crown itself, the bishops etc buying and selling titles because alot of Nobles could not buy their way into the Royal Courts so they bought titles from other Nobles selling them.

Hummmm am I an imposter? I think not, what I have said can be proven beyond doubt because I researched it starting at a local Genealogical Historical Society here in Kings County, Nova Scotia, Canada. I was very thankful that they had such an extensive data base which lead me around the internet in search of the truth, what I found took 32years to compile. I have even had an DNA Scrape done which I had done with DNAFamily Tree and the result of it was me finding out that My ancestors were cousins of The Royal Family, through the many years we did alot of good for the Royal Family and got them out of nearly impossible jams they otherwise would not have survived, it would be nice to have recognition that we Pilgrim Brewsters are seriously remembered again in Britain. I hope someday I can come back to Britain invited by Queen Elizabeth 2 herself but that day perhaps may be long in comming, I have extensive files that show the real story of my family ancestry and I have about 2 months ago, completed it.

lol - well you can't actually buy titles. All you do is buy a very expensive name change and legally you can call yourself anything you like as long as you don't use a name for fraudulent purposes but obviously that's what he was doing.
BeatrixFan, in the 10th to 13th Centuries you could actually buy titles but you had to do the duty of the Kings or Queens you had the titles given to you for.
You had to pay what ever a fee for the title entailed. Some Lands were also given in the titles and you had to pay said fees to the Nobles and King or Queen that ruled over you. Normally military service was required to keep the titles and normally a small town or village in the British Countryside was part of the titles that an noble had bought and was accepted as lord over.

My ancestor had to pay a fee of 1,500fs to King Richard I and King John Lackland for the certain title he gained. His father had such a title too, I am not saying what title since you can find out on the internet; but one such title was an Earldom and the other was a Lordship so figure out how much money one had to pay. Other fees amounted to raising a standing group of footsoldiers and mounted knights to keep the village or township holdings and that certainly was not easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom