The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-18-2015, 02:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

^ Edward Lascelles, first Baron Harewood, had a large sugar fortune in the West Indies, and many plantations. He did business with the American colonies as they were then, though debts were left due to the American Revolution. He died without legitimate issue. (That doesn't mean there weren't illegitimate descendants. Many West Indian plantation owners had mistresses and led irregular lives.) His estates were inherited by his cousin Edward who became the First Earl.

That certainly doesn't mean of course that this family was descended from the Electress Sophia or has royal blood at all, but there might have been a connection with the Harewood family (the Lascelles) that became twisted and misremembered over the centuries.

Old 10-18-2015, 02:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
^ Edward Lascelles, first Baron Harewood, had a large sugar fortune in the West Indies, and many plantations. He did business with the American colonies as they were then, though debts were left due to the American Revolution. He died without legitimate issue. (That doesn't mean there weren't illegitimate descendants. Many West Indian plantation owners had mistresses and led irregular lives.) His estates were inherited by his cousin Edward who became the First Earl.

That certainly doesn't mean of course that this family was descended from the Electress Sophia or has royal blood at all, but there might have been a connection with the Harewood family (the Lascelles) that became twisted and misremembered over the centuries.
Thanks for the info!

Old 10-18-2015, 09:03 AM
Commoner

NotHRH, Princes Mary, daughter of George V married Viscount Lascelles (heir to the Earldom of Harewood) in the 1920's. Some of their descendants have emigrated to the USA and are in line to the throne. The year 1700 must somehow be a mistake.....
Old 10-18-2015, 08:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tho Hibbele View Post
NotHRH, Princes Mary, daughter of George V married Viscount Lascelles (heir to the Earldom of Harewood) in the 1920's. Some of their descendants have emigrated to the USA and are in line to the throne. The year 1700 must somehow be a mistake.....
No, there is no mistake. That's my point my bf's ex-wife's family:1) are just liars (not surprising), or 2) the lie was from a past generation of her family. The painting in their possession could be of anybody - bought from an estate sale, flea market, or somebody's trash on the side of the road. Some people believe (and trust) what's told to them without a second thought, I am not one of those people. The info I have given in this forum has only lead me back to my original assumption - it is all just BS. Thank all of you for the insight to figure this crap out.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
I have never found any information on any _________ of Harwood in the English aristocracy or royalty.
There was a peerage connected with the name of Harwood (not Harewood) in Roxburgh County...

Baroness Katherine Elliot of Harwood (1903-1994), born in beautiful Glen House, estate of the Tennant family... She was politician, member of the House of Lords and daughter of Sir Charles Tennant, Baronet and Lady Tennant (nee Marquerite Agaranthe Miles), cousin of politician Sir Philip Miles,2nd Baronet...

Her siblings and half-siblings included Edward, Lord Glenconner of The Glen (ancestor of the famous model Stella Tennant), Harold Tennant of Great Maytham Hall, Margot,Countess of Oxford and Asquith(wife of Prime Minister), Nancy,Baroness of Crathorne and Margaret de Vere Loder, Baroness Wakehurst...

Hope this helps a bit,although it doesn't have any real connection with your story except the name of Harwood,not Harewood...
Old 10-21-2015, 05:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

But,this story sounds more reasonable...
Old 10-21-2015, 11:33 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
There was a peerage connected with the name of Harwood (not Harewood) in Roxburgh County...

Baroness Katherine Elliot of Harwood (1903-1994), born in beautiful Glen House, estate of the Tennant family... She was politician, member of the House of Lords and daughter of Sir Charles Tennant, Baronet and Lady Tennant (nee Marquerite Agaranthe Miles), cousin of politician Sir Philip Miles,2nd Baronet...

Her siblings and half-siblings included Edward, Lord Glenconner of The Glen (ancestor of the famous model Stella Tennant), Harold Tennant of Great Maytham Hall, Margot,Countess of Oxford and Asquith(wife of Prime Minister), Nancy,Baroness of Crathorne and Margaret de Vere Loder, Baroness Wakehurst...

Hope this helps a bit,although it doesn't have any real connection with your story except the name of Harwood,not Harewood...
This was a life peerage, one of the first. Not an hereditary one. She wasn't in line to the throne either.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:14 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rami_Jaber

This man, Rami Al-Husseini, claims to be "Palestenian prince" and "Prince of Jerusalem". His notable ancestor was Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (religious leader), but I don't see how that would make him a prince. Grand Mufti of Jerusalem is not neither a royal or noble title and could not be inherited.

Does "Prince of Jerusalem" title even exist or did he just make it up?
Old 12-01-2015, 03:40 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I know of the title 'king of Jerusalem', which was used by the crusader kings. Claims could be made bu the king of Spain, the two heads of the house of the Two Sicilies, the two claimants of the house of Savoy/Italy, Archduke Karl and by the prince de Ligne de la Tremoille. But those are the only ones.

There was also a Lusignan line that moved from through the Middle East and later to Russia. Louis de Lusignan ha-Aluf Hen was ennobled by Tsar Nicholas I and received among others the title Prince of Jerusalem. He had a son Michael but he did not have any descendants. I doubt that Mr. Jaber descends from him though.

An interesting article about the Lusignan descendants:
Alternative GenHist: Jewish Princes Lusignan

As you say, a mufti is not a noble / hereditary title so the claim is bogus indeed.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by princetumbria View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rami_Jaber

This man, Rami Al-Husseini, claims to be "Palestenian prince" and "Prince of Jerusalem". His notable ancestor was Amin al-Husseini, the Grand Mufti of Jerusalem (religious leader), but I don't see how that would make him a prince. Grand Mufti of Jerusalem is not neither a royal or noble title and could not be inherited.

Does "Prince of Jerusalem" title even exist or did he just make it up?
Looks like he wrote his own wikipedia page. All references to him online as a race car driver never mention him being a prince. Because he is not. The top of the wiki article points out that there are not enough citations for it. I'm not sure how to report it to wiki but I'm trying to figure it out.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:14 PM

Fraudulent Titles

fraudulent titles for Germany
German Noble Titles | Blog about german noble titles and royal german titles

fraud and nonsense titles from Pomerania and Livonia
German noble titles for sale
Old 05-28-2016, 03:57 PM
Courtier

Can anyone tell me who is this Michael,Graf zu Solms-Wildenfels born in 1978?

Michael Graf zu Solms Wildenfels | Michael Graf zu Solms Wildenfels |

I can't find him in any genealogy site regarding Solms-Wildenfels family...Could he be adopted like Mario Max zu Schaumburg-Lippe?
Old 05-28-2016, 06:24 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I can't find him in the Online Gotha or Geneall either. His facebook profile -including 'Graf von' and a coat-of-arms on the main page makes it easy to deduct that this overcompensation may be rooted in a shady background of the title.

https://www.facebook.com/michaelzuso...?tab=page_info
Old 05-29-2016, 04:14 AM
Courtier

I know,that's why I asked...Among many informations he provided in his biography,there was no mention of his parents which means that some link is missing.

At the end he summed Solms family history,but didn't say what kind of connection does he have with it,apart from "the name".
Old 06-14-2016, 01:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble Consort Ming View Post
Looks like he wrote his own wikipedia page. All references to him online as a race car driver never mention him being a prince. Because he is not. The top of the wiki article points out that there are not enough citations for it. I'm not sure how to report it to wiki but I'm trying to figure it out.

his wiki page went wacky and was rightfully deleted.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:06 AM
Courtier

Princess Samantha Kennedy (Royal Duchess) and Duchess of Armenia:

https://www.facebook.com/princesssamantha.kennedy

Of course she is fb friends with Lady Grania Mountbatten,Princess Joddie Mountbatten and many other Princes and Princesses lol

Tags
hohenzollern, imposters, norway