The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 PM

I leave in London and if u what I can find out something about this surname ... I read few things and I talked with friends of mine and they told me that it's true about the two branches of the Romanovs family in Italy....the Maccanovic-Romanov and the Consolo-Romanov...and they are both related... but only the Maccanovic-Romanov is the one entitled cuz the great grandfather of this Carlo Alberto, not the grandfather as Russian history wrote, was a Prince, so his grandfather his father and him, Carlo Alberto Maccanovic Romanov, are Princes too. The fact that is a Prince with the Romanov surname is just a coincidence even if the greatgranfather actually merried a Russian Romanov Family member, a cousin of Nicola I think, and then they combine the two surnames.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:43 PM

Yes you are right it was the great granfather an italian Prince, and the lady was a Romanov, sorry for this mistake.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The "Consolo-Romanov" aren't a branch of the Russian Imperial Family. Princess Natalia Romanov, the eldest daughter of Prince Nicholas (the claimant to the Headship of the Imperial Family and President of the Romanov Family Association) and of his Italian wife, née Countess Sveva della Gherardesca. Natalia is married to Giuseppe Consolo, a lawyer and currently member of the Italian Parliament; they became parents of two children, a daughter Nicoletta (actress, who uses Nicoletta Romanoff as her stage name) and a son Enzo Manfredi (who died in 1997).
However, being the husband and daughter of a Romanov Princess doesn't make the Consolos members of the Russian Imperial Family - especially given that even Natalia's status as a member of the Imperial Family is questioned.

As for the alleged Maccanovic-Romanov Princes and this "Prince Carlo Alberto Romanov", I'm pretty sure they are nothing but a bogus.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Majesty

Absolute bogus indeed Mafan,the whole non-story above is...Romanoff used as a stage name by lack of any talent and grey cells to match....How tastefull......Trash!....Next!!.....
Old 01-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Aristocracy

Lucien and MAFan: I never posted C.A.M -Romanov was a 'prince.' Russian History did. I looked C.A. up on Facebook, and he isn't listed as a 'prince'. Only that he lives in London, and that he is from Italy. if he were a true Romanov prince, don't you think Maria V.would have here nose in it investigating?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:21 PM

In fact the title is not from the Romanov surname of CAMRomano great grandmother but from the greatgranfather...they simply put the two surnames together. ... as I sad before he is not a Prince because of his Romanovs surname but because of his greatgranfathers one....he is an Italian Prince not a Russian one...it's just a coincidence that he is a prince with a Romanov surname.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:13 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

And how is this great-grandfather supposed to have gotten the surname Romanov?
However, as far as I know no princely family Maccanovic(-Romanov) exists in Italy.

I've noticed that no source about the existance of the activities of this Carlo Alberto Maccanovic Romanov has been mentioned. Can please the Forum Members who are asserting the existance of this person mention their sources, so that we can see that this person isn't a bogus?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:47 AM
Aristocracy

MAfan: Look him up on Facebook under Carlo Alberto Maccanovic-Romanov.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I'm afraid a Facebook account is hardly proof of anything.
One could register as Emperor Nicholas II, but that would hardly prove the late Tsar resurrected.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I agree with Artemisia, a Facebook account doesn't prove anything. There is a huge lot of fake royals and nobles registered on Facebook (i.e. one of the friend of Carlo Alberto Maccanovic-Romanov is a Margaret Rose Windsor, living at Apartment 1-A in Kensington Palace. Hard to believe to its veracity).
Old 01-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
I agree with Artemisia, a Facebook account doesn't prove anything. There is a huge lot of fake royals and nobles registered on Facebook (i.e. one of the friend of Carlo Alberto Maccanovic-Romanov is a Margaret Rose Windsor, living at Apartment 1-A in Kensington Palace. Hard to believe to its veracity).
*rofl* you made my day
Old 01-08-2013, 08:14 PM
Aristocracy

Then all of you who find this topic ridiculous, go back to post 193 to see where this subject began. P. S. Sorry for the misidentification, Russian -History.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:10 PM

This is the only thing that I know. I discovered that the Family originally was from France with the name "Maccan de Loire" it was a Marquisate Family, there is also a city with this name in NuovaScozia but I don't know if it's related with this family or not...Anyway the family originally was from France, then they moved to Italy assuming the Princely title by marriage with a Princely family then to Russia but during the Revolution they moved back to Italy, and if I'm not wrong they also removed the last part of they Russian surname becoming Maccan instead of Maccanovic Romanov even if they can use both, this Carlo Alberto Maccanovic Romanov really exist and hei is a prince...importa going to look at names forse you guys...so you can Find out more on your own
Old 06-18-2013, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Message on Twitter:
Rafe Heydel-Mankoo ‏@RafHM 2h

In this Australian TV programme shown last week, I help to expose two self-styled Polish princes living in Australia: Today Tonight Adelaide
Old 06-18-2013, 07:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian-History View Post
Dear All,
One day I read a book about the Romanovs and their descendants, you should know that some members moved to France, England and some in Italy.
In Italy there is a line that carries the name of the Romanovs obtained through marriage with a member of the same family, in addition to this there is another branch, the one of the Consolo-Romanov, in this branch there is the italian actress Nicoletta Romanoff .
Doing some other research I found a relationship between the two Italian branches, and I discovered that they both have relatives in common, in fact Nicoletta Romanov is second cousin of Prince Charles Albert Romanov, he's probably not an Imperial Highness but the Princely title is true.
There is no Prince Romanov who is second cousin of Princess Nicoletta.You can easily find that in genealogical tables.

Being a second cousin of Nicoletta through Romanov side,he would have to be a descendant of Grand Duke Peter Nicholaievich,but there is no such person.

Here are all descendants of him and Princess Militza of Montenegro:

Peter Nicholaievitch, Grand Duke of Russia
Old 11-17-2013, 09:53 PM

So I noticed a certain duchess at events and also in society blogs...I'm wondering how she is related to royalty. Her name is Gabrielle Choo and styles herself as Duchess von Schoeneberg. She even has a facebook page for herself. I can't seem to find anything on the Schoenebergs...
Old 11-18-2013, 01:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
So I noticed a certain duchess at events and also in society blogs...I'm wondering how she is related to royalty. Her name is Gabrielle Choo and styles herself as Duchess von Schoeneberg. She even has a facebook page for herself. I can't seem to find anything on the Schoenebergs...
Familie von Schönberg
Maybe she's related to this family?
Old 11-18-2013, 01:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
Familie von Schönberg
Maybe she's related to this family?
There is no Duchy of Schönberg...Imposters you know..Everywhere,but never more to be found then on Facebook...
Old 11-18-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
There is no Duchy of Schönberg...Imposters you know..Everywhere,but never more to be found then on Facebook...
I had a gut feeling that she was an imposter. I can't find anything in German nobility records and even on the family site. She goes to Le Bal de Crillon and somehow secures these exclusive invites which made me think...well, maybe? Maybe there's an obscure branch in a former colony? Perhaps it's just money since her husband (Christopher Choo) is on a TV show with "Baron von Wittenstein" (if that even exists).
Old 12-01-2013, 02:01 PM

In Norway an entire family from the town Bergen named Fosse changed their name to Hohenzollern in 2012 and claimed to be out-of-wedlock descendants of William II, styled themselves as Imperial Highnesses, Grand Princes, Ladies and whatnot, and duped several Norwegian media (Her er keiser Wilhelms bergenske oldebarn | ba.no ) into reporting their hoax as true. They called their family "The Imperial House of Fosse-Hohenzollern" and made a website about this "royal house" (Kaiser Wilhelm II in Norway - Fosse Hohenzollern , the contents of which has since been modified after genealogists rejected their claims ). They also aggressively promoted the hoax across the Internet and managed to have Geni's main profile on William II include their grandfather Anders Elias Fosse, who was a petty criminal from Bergen of very modest family background, very much the opposite of upper class.

Here are some of them:

"Linn Cesilie Fosse Hohenzollern" (née Linn Cesilie Fosse) (who now styles herself as "Lady Hohenzollern", probably confusing German and English title traditions)
http://plus.google.com/114260891475196477941 (telling lies here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...A/n7SQHhA7Hm8J )

"Svenn Ove Fosse Hohenzollern" (né Svenn Ove Fosse)
http://www.facebook.com/svennove.fosse

"Kenneth-Wilhelm Fosse von Hohenzollern" (né Kenneth Fosse) http://www.facebook.com/kennethwilhe...n.hohenzollern

"Jan Harald Fosse Hohenzollern" (né Jan Harald Fosse)
http://www.facebook.com/jan.h.fosse.5

"Řyvind Fosse Hohenzollern" (né Řyvind Fosse):
Dette er Godteland-konseptet | Videomagasinet | Videomagasinet (who likes to call himself "His Royal Highness Grand Prince Řyvind Fosse von Hohenzollern" Sovereign Royal and Imperial House of Rurikovich - Investiture of The Sovereign Order of Saint John of Jerusalem ? Knights of Malta and who also "holds the Honor Title as: Honorary Count of the House Rurikovich" according to the website of another self-styled royal house: Alliance Houses ).

Several others, and it just gets worse.
Chiara F. Hohenzollern"
http://www.facebook.com/chiara.dainelli.3
who is even abusing the name to publish books!
Chiara Hohenzollern | Official Publisher Page
She styles herself as "H.R.H. Princess Princess Chiara F. Hohenzollen"

Her husband, born Kenneth Fosse, now styles himself as "H.R.H. Prince Kenneth-Wilhelm F. Von Hohenzollern."
E.A. James Swagger - 053 Princess Chiara

There is a long discussion about the Fosse-"Hohenzollern" family in Norwegian here where their claims are thoroughly refuted by Norwegian genealogists. hvem er jeg ? hvor kommer jeg fra ? :) " Er kirkebřker feil ? - Spřr Statsarkivet i Bergen - Arkivverket

Several members of the family participated there, but continue to style themselves as "Princes" and purport to be members of the Hohenzollern family.

Tags
hohenzollern, imposters, norway