Exposing Imposters

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: There's a recent post on the information page by someone who's claimed that the "Lady" has passed away and wondering who's taking care of the site now.

I don't understand her claim. Lady Iris Mountbatten had no child from her first marriage AFAIK and even then this child would not be able to inherit a title from the Carisbrooke-side. So who is this woman?

who cares .. it's someone with a psychological problem .. what else?

:previous: There's a recent post on the information page by someone who's claimed that the "Lady" has passed away and wondering who's taking care of the site now.

Perhaps Eritrea or Malachi Mountbatten?I assume Lords by now :lol:

her sons...

Last edited:
LADY Grania Mountbatten?????????

To be entitled 'Lady' before your first name, you HAVE to be born the daughter of a Duke, Marquess or Earl. [unless you are granted the style of an Earl's daughter as was the case with Lady Zia Wernher, although this was so exceptional that it is hardly necessary to mention it............]

If you are going to invent a fictious background, at least try and make it believable rather than fall at the first hurdle......

Alex

True. I wonder how many of these folks are deluded and how many are con-artists? I think that it would be rather silly for anyone to intentionally take on a fake noble or royal identity today. The information is so much more available now.

If you are going to invent a fictious background, at least try and make it believable rather than fall at the first hurdle......

Alex

unless you are granted the style of an Earl's daughter as was the case with Lady Zia Wernher, although this was so exceptional that it is hardly necessary to mention it............

Off topic:

I thought that Zia has been born as a Countess due to the title granted to her,her parents and siblings by the Grand Duke of Luxembourg and became Lady upon her marriage to Sir Harold Wernher,3rd Baronet...and wife of Sir is automatically a Lady,so she became Lady Zia Wernher...

Maybe she was placed in order of precedence as an Earls daughter due to her ancestry...Earls daughters outrank wives of Baronets(Sir)-they come behind Countesses in their own right and wives of a Baronets(Sir) come behind Baronesses in their own right...So,I think that just her title-Lady is due to her marriage and order of precedence is as a daughter of an Earl!

If I am wrong,correct me...

Last edited:
King George V issued a Royal Warrant granting Countess Anastasia de Tory the style and precedence of an Earls daughter. She thus became Lady Anastasia de Torby and after her marriage she became Lady Anastasia Wernher, other wise upon marriage she would have been Lady Wernher. Her title of Countess came from Luxembourg and had no bearing in the UK.

Last edited:
The rules have shifted somewhat (and sometimes significantly) over time, and could be shifting again. The fact that Great Britain is about to enact equal primogeniture is a significant change. But, people who fabricate an entire life story (like Grania) are indeed mentally ill, and not simply reviving some title that existed a couple of generations back in their family but didn't pass on to them personally.

Whether delusion or con game, it's still a mental illness to me. (Although con artists need to be called out and stopped, while the delusional are sad people who deserve pity and some compassion).

Agreed. The delusional need professional help. The con-artists should be exposed before they gain sympathy.

(Although con artists need to be called out and stopped, while the delusional are sad people who deserve pity and some compassion).

King Geroge V issued a Royal Warrant granting Countess Anastasia de Tory the style and precedence of an Earls daughter. She thus became Lady Anastasia de Torby and after her marriage she became Lady Anastasia Wernher, other wise upon marriage she would have been Lady Wernher. Her title of Countess came from Luxembourg and had no bearing in the UK.

IIRC it was said in another thread that when you are born of foreign Royalty and have a title of your own, on marrying or becoming yourself a British subject you can ask for a Royal Warrant giving you similar status in the UK.

Anastasia de Torby was the granddaughter of Russian grandduke from a morganitic marriage where the daughter in turn married morganatically a Prince of the House of Nassau which reigns in Luxembourg. She and her siblings were granted Luxembourgian titles.

When she married and became a British subject, she applied for a Royal warrant and received it just like HRH Princess Ekaterina of Greece and Denmark who was granted the style and rank of a duke's daughter when she married so she was known in Britain as Lady Katherine Brandram.

Are there more examples? What about the Marchioness of Douro?

I checked into that case: in 1947 Prince Frederick of Prussia claimed British citizenship unter the "Electress Sophia Naturalisation"-Act as descendent of Victoria Princess Royal, German Empress Frederick. While he was granted the citizenship, he got no Royal Warrant, so became plain Mr. Von Preussen. He was married to Lady Brigid Guiness, wo in Britain was titled as Lady Brigid von Preussen, as she was the daughter of the Earl of Iveagh. The House of Preussen
accepted the marriage as fully equal.

In 1951 according to the homepage of the House of Preussen Frederick reverted back to his German surname which included the "prince"-style. When Antonia was born in 1955, was her father again a German or still British? And who decided that she has a right to the title and style of HRH Princess Antonia, Marchioness of Douro? At least that's what Wikipedia claims? Is she really that? Or only when not in britain? But she is a British subject, right?

Last edited:
King Geroge V issued a Royal Warrant granting Countess Anastasia de Torby the style and precedence of an Earls daughter. She thus became Lady Anastasia de Torby and after her marriage she became Lady Anastasia Wernher, other wise upon marriage she would have been Lady Wernher. Her title of Countess came from Luxembourg and had no bearing in the UK.

Thank you very much for this clarification :)

In 1951 according to the homepage of the House of Preussen Frederick reverted back to his German surname which included the "prince"-style. When Antonia was born in 1955, was her father again a German or still British? And who decided that she has a right to the title and style of HRH Princess Antonia, Marchioness of Douro? At least that's what Wikipedia claims? Is she really that? Or only when not in britain? But she is a British subject, right?

I would like to know this also.

Antonia is Marchioness Douro in the UK. Her Prussian title has no legal status in the UK.

ZIA did not apply for a royal warrant. George V issued the warrant to allow her to be styled as Lady Zia, with a certain rank and precedence. The precedence for this decision was done when Countess Victoria Gleichen, a British national, whose father Prince Victor of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (whose wife, a Briton, was created Countess Gleichen) and he adopted the Gleichen title to be equal with his wife) who was naturalized, became Lady Victoria (or Valda), when she married Percy Machell. In 1917, her siblings dropped the Count and Countess of Gleichen and became Lord Edward, Lady Feodora and Lady Helena. All were British nationals by birth.

Foreign titles are largely not recognized in the UK for daily use, which is why the sovereign sometimes grants royal warrants. It was unlikely that Friedrich Georg applied for citizenship under the Sophia Naturalisation Act. That act was largely forgotten about until the mid-1950s when the late Ernst August of Hannover used it to win British nationality. When Friedrich Georg married Lady Brigid Ness, he adopted the name George Mansfield. He became a British citizen in 1947 (he was married to a British national). He was able to resume his German nationality in 1953. No royal titles appear on the birth certificates of Friedrich's children. In Britain, they have the surname von Preussen. Prince Friedrich ceased to be a prince in 1919, when German titles were abolished - he was Friedrich Georg Prinz von Preussen. In Britain, and in Germany, the titles are used socially. Antonia was known as Princess Antonia until her marriage (socially, not legally), she now the Marchioness of Douro. Not HRH Princess Antonia, Marchioness of Douro because the Prussian titles ceased to exit in 1919.
IIRC it was said in another thread that when you are born of foreign Royalty and have a title of your own, on marrying or becoming yourself a British subject you can ask for a Royal Warrant giving you similar status in the UK.

Anastasia de Torby was the granddaughter of Russian grandduke from a morganitic marriage where the daughter in turn married morganatically a Prince of the House of Nassau which reigns in Luxembourg. She and her siblings were granted Luxembourgian titles.

When she married and became a British subject, she applied for a Royal warrant and received it just like HRH Princess Ekaterina of Greece and Denmark who was granted the style and rank of a duke's daughter when she married so she was known in Britain as Lady Katherine Brandram.

Are there more examples? What about the Marchioness of Douro?

I checked into that case: in 1947 Prince Frederick of Prussia claimed British citizenship unter the "Electress Sophia Naturalisation"-Act as descendent of Victoria Princess Royal, German Empress Frederick. While he was granted the citizenship, he got no Royal Warrant, so became plain Mr. Von Preussen. He was married to Lady Brigid Guiness, wo in Britain was titled as Lady Brigid von Preussen, as she was the daughter of the Earl of Iveagh. The House of Preussen
accepted the marriage as fully equal.

I actually wrote several posts on Grania O'Malley who is the only daughter of Hamilton O'Malley and his second wife. She has made herself 5 years older than she is ... she is mentally ill ... and her own family does nothing to help her.

This is a link to Marlene Koenig's Blog in which has some info about Grania. Marlene has posted on this forum and perhaps she'll see this thread. The woman is absolutely an obvious fraud and has mental health issues.:flowers:

Royal Musings: More debunking of "Lady Grania Mountbatten"

She declares herself dead now? :shock: How weird it can get, huh?

I've first came across "Lady Grania" two years ago on facebook as she had created a group "in memory of my dear uncle Dickie" (Lord Mountbatten). After she had been exposed by a few others as fraud, she had given up her adminship there and seemed to have disappeared in the dark. Maybe this "death" means that she has completely given up on the entire story. At last. :p

Last edited:
'Tahitian royalty' occured fraud

Queensland Health's alleged $16m scammer Joel Morehu-Barlow had everyone fooled he was Tahitian royalty | Courier Mail
He convinced everyone he was a Tahitian royal, but Joel Morehu-Barlow was just a Kiwi with a questionable past who allegedly funded his lavish lifestyle by plundering millions meant for charities.

Queensland fraudster a Thames old boy - Story - National - 3 News
He is reported to have been well-known in Brisbane's high society and to have claimed royal connections in Maori and Tahitian society.

I'm royalty, the $16m fugitive told mates

Anyone with half a brain would have been able uncover the lies that Joel told. The Kaahui Ariki or close family members of the Maori King are few in number. If you're not one of his siblings or their children then you are not part of the establishment. There is enough information on the web to find this out. The Tahitian part would be more difficult to uncover. His name alone spells out that he isn't part of the Maori King's family. What a silly silly man.

Self-proclaimed Sultan of Sulu (Malaysia)

‘Sultan’ who’s an embarrassment to Putrajaya | Free Malaysia Today
Mohd Akjan is proving to be more of an ignoramus than a legitimate claimant to the Sulu throne, displaying little knowledge about the Malay sultanates.
Mohd Akjan Ali Muhammad, who won 15 minutes of fame by crowning himself as the 33rd Sultan of Sulu on Feb 2, 2011 is an embarrassment for Putrajaya that isn’t going away, anywhere, anytime soon. For one, he’s yet to be brought to Court on charges of having dual citizenship and being allegedly linked to the infamous Projek IC or Projek Mahathir. There are numerous police reports against him but the investigation file opened on him is reportedly in Bukit Aman and not in Sabah.
[...]
For a man who claims to be Sultan, Akjan is appallingly ignorant of the origin of Muslim sultanates.He’s equally ignorant of the fact that sultanates in the islands of Southeast Asia were “Kerajaan Sungei” (riverine kingdoms) and not territorial in the western sense.

This guy sounds like my Ex husband, except he came from England over here and after we got married, he started telling me that he was a very "important" man in England, with titles and land, that he had an uncle that was a judge over there and another uncle who was a doctor to the royal family. Unfortunetly for him, he had no idea that I had some small kind of clue about royal titles and geneologies (sp) and that I'm very good at doing footwork to uncover the truth. He wanted me to leave the U.S. so that we could move over to the UK and live happliy ever after and live off an allowance from his mother's side of the family. Once I found out that he was a cocaine addicted, delusional, chronic,pathological liar, I left him, divorced him and will be very happy never to see that face again as long as I live.
These kind of people have some serious mental problems and literally should be locked up in the closest looney bin.

Shouldn't you have done the research BEFORE marrying him ? I know I would have......

Thanks on behalf of everyone, we are also as curious as you are. By the way, welcome to the Forum. :)

On that question about Cody Franchetti, he claims to be a Baron but I just saw he is better known for his arrogant remarks and in-your-face prejudice against other people that are not of his Elite. Word to the wise, those who really have a past and come from a provileged background normally do not brag about it. Much less use it to make others insignificant. Those are the signs of people with low self esteem who claim to be more than what their actual background is.

I found this notable quotes from this clown on this article:
Do not get near Cody Franchetti
January 25, 2006
and here are some of those gems from him:

• "I am an elitist. I believe in an elite, I believe that people want an elite ... because there s always been one, whether it be an oligarchy or a dictatorship."
• On Lisa Loeb: "She is very how should I put it? petit bourgeois."
• On pursuing his own reality show: "Yes, absolutely, [it s] cheap, trashy I m well aware of that. But we live in the age of Paris Hilton, my dear, so what am I going to do a show where I discuss Flaubert with people that call in? No, I don t think so."

As someone who did live in a dictatorship (Franco's) the remarks of this self proclaimed Baron are quite offensive and moronic. again, typical of a no-body celebrity trying to flash comments for pure shock value.

Now, I could not find any genealogy on that so-called Baron Cody Franchetti but there are Counts Franchetti, one of the members was married to actor Henry Fonda (Jane and Peter Fonda's dad): Countess Afdera Franchetti
But there is nothing to explain the title being downgraded from Count to Baron that can also give us a hint on who is this guy using that title. Maybe we have to realize that the so called aristocratic guests in that reality show are nothing but peripheral people as close to actual history making royalty as the planet Pluto is close to us. So, lesson learned here, don't believe everything you see on TV!

My problem with any of this is attributing him at all on the ROYAL Forums, he definitely not Royal, and probably not even Noble. So again I ask why discuss this loser on a forum about Royalty ?

Cody Franchetti is not titled but his father is titled that still makes him an imposter being he is claiming to something he is not even though he does come from a noble background.

oh dear, the things people do to themselves ;).

Then all of you who find this topic ridiculous, go back to post 193 to see where this subject began. P. S. Sorry for the misidentification, Russian -History.

Back
Top Bottom