The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-07-2007, 10:46 AM

Ah I see. 6,000 Euro eh? Not bad.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
With all the talk of the von Anhalts, I thought people may be interested to see these two shots of the 'Prince and Princess'. Zsa Zsa has never used her Princessly rank even though her hubby does.
Ofcourse Zsa Zsa has never used 'Princessly' rank, because she has none, nor does her husband have princely rank as you're very well aware BeatrixFan

The man paid Princess Marie Auguste von Anhalt to adopt him (keeping in mind she was 82 when she did so), however German law relating to the styles and titles of the former ruling royal and noble families only recognises the adoption of blood relatives within the same family. In addition, the Ducal House of Anhalt does not recognise Hans Lichtenburg as a member of their family. Thus Zsa Zsa is no more entitled to a Princely style than my left shoe!

Old 07-04-2007, 06:29 AM
Administrator

It's been a long time between drinks Von Schlesian. Welcome back.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Nobility

Thanks Warren, it's great to be back.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:07 AM
Royal Highness

even though zsa zsa and her husband aren't authentic royalty - we won't hear them saying otherwise. amazing what some people will do!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Aristocracy

Hi,

Notice that Zsa Zsa is wearing her order ribbon on the left in one picture and on the right in the other.
All orders have a strict ruling as to how the ribbon is worn, so I would surmise that it's a made up thing.
Probably the Order of Gabor!!!

Larry
Old 04-13-2009, 02:02 AM
Nobility

You're absolutely right Larry - a load of hogwash!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Aristocracy

Some people with ancient and legal titles, both inter alia and territorial never use their titles. Some former German ruling houses who governed a few square miles have like up to 60 members of the immediate and extended family using (titles are not legal in Germany and Austria, only the Austrians have been sensible and honest enough to abide by the law) princely and comital titles.

I was asked by someone who is a lawyer and politician how he should address and treat an ex king. An ex king is treated like a king period.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:18 AM
Aristocracy

Question "Lady Elizabeth Windsor-Cragg"

Has anyone heard of this woman, Elizabeth Windsor Cragg?! She says she's the illegit child of Edward VIII. Edward VIII and whom? Wallis?!

Is she who she says she is -- I somehow got acquainted with her through a blog and had no idea who she was until she revealed herself to me. She has all this proof and what not and has a very convincing story -- and in some ways I can believe it but in other ways -- no. Like the whole abdication crises and how Elizabeth II eventually ended up as Queen. In actuality, Elizabeth was never supposed to become Queen -- I get that -- but it's just strange that the British would go through all of the explanations this woman has given me just to have a certain person as King/Queen.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Majesty

I have heard of her. I think she even posted here at one time (certainly she has posted on a number of boards and on most she is seen as a crackpot).

She claims that Edward had a weekend trip to some post in the US where her mother was a nurse and that Edward and her mother did the deed and she is the result. Then many years later her mother told her who her father was.

I don't believe her but others might.

The reason why Edward was forced to abdicate on the surface are that he wanted to marry a twice divorced woman but there is far more to it than that.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:53 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, I didn't feel like going into Wallis' history -- apparently there was more to her.. I don't know what to believe when it comes to Wallis.

This woman didn't know anything about the genealogy of her supposed family. She said that no one was related -- and I had to tell her about all the relations that her supposed family has, the marrying of first cousins, etc. I mean if this was my father I would do everything possible to figure out the truth and learn more about my family. But that's just me -- apparently she did try to get a paternity test equated -- but a judge denied access or her the permission to contact Edward(David). Strange. I really wonder what happens behind closed doors in Buckingham Palace. They should start a reality show -jk!

Old 05-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

That would be interesting. It brings to mind a quote by Wallis where she was playing cards--she seemed to always be playing cards-- and someone asked about them having children and she mentioned David wasn't "heir-conditioned".
Old 05-10-2010, 05:14 PM
Aristocracy

Good one! lol.

Old 05-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Gentry

She's nuts. Have you seen her website? She's into conspiracy theories and stuff. Like that the government did 9/11 and they're attempting to control your mind.

Also her story doesn't make sense. Remember, she is claiming she was born in the 1940's. So first of all, we have to assume that Edward cheated on Wallis, which I don't think he would've done. Second of all, we have to assume he managed to keep it from Wallis. If she had known, I think it would have come out. She was rather jealous. After the abdication he was staying with her friend Kitty Rothschild and Wallis convinced herself Edward and Kitty were involved in some secret affair. There was absolutely nothing going on and Wallis should've realized this (he did just give up a throne for her...) but she still mentioned it multiple times in her letters and harassed him on the phone about it so much that people who stayed with him knew about her suspicions. Not to mention all the other people who tended to hang around with him. Third, we have to assume he was with this woman's mother (in California I think) without Wallis at some point during the time this lady was conceived. Which I don't believe. I would bet good money she has no proof he and her mother were ever in the same city, much less anything more than that.

She probably made all this stuff up to give herself a good backstory for people who follow her website. Like this lady who goes around to Churches claiming she's Cecil B. deMille's granddaughter who died in 9/11 and came back to life. I would also bet good money that Emily Cragg was Marie Antoinette or someone in a past life.
So long and goodnight...
Old 05-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Lady Meg, if you had to tell this woman about her supposed family because she didn't know anything about her "family" genealogy, she's an absolute fake and you exposed her even more!
Old 05-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Aristocracy

This thread is a fine example of partisanship. Remember we are discussing living peoples' lives here not football teams. If the putative daughter of the late Duke of Windsor is an uneducated or retiring woman then we shouldn't gang up on her like a pack of fox hounds. It is unlikely that she would be given permission to have a match test with the DNA of the male members of the Kent and Gloucecster families. Even the most politically correct among us still reserve contempt for the bastards in the family. However, getting involved in an ethical discussion with royal "fans" is akin to a stranger walking through the dimly lit back streets of Naples.

Remember all the lies and unfounded gossip about the Duchess of Windsor and her husband's cousin, Charles of Roumanie's mistress and later wife, Magda Lupescu. Allow the American lady her fantasy, if it is that. And do take into consideration the numerous royals who's fathers were definitely not dynasts.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereditary Thane View Post
If the putative daughter of the late Duke of Windsor is an uneducated or retiring woman then we shouldn't gang up on her like a pack of fox hounds.
She may be uneducated but this woman is certainly not "retiring" - she's all over the internet (check Google).
Just one example:
"Patriots For America - Obama is readying for Civil War" Obama, the Communist.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Courtier

That was a very kind thought on your part Thane, but I think it is wasted on this lady, she is not only prolific but seems to be well educated as well.
She also seems to have an opinion on everything under the sun.
I wonder if she was supposed to be born before or after the Duchessīs hysterectomy?
Old 05-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
That was a very kind thought on your part Thane, but I think it is wasted on this lady, she is not only prolific but seems to be well educated as well.
She also seems to have an opinion on everything under the sun.
I wonder if she was supposed to be born before or after the Duchessīs hysterectomy?
Before, I think, but her mother isn't supposed to be Wallis anyway. She claims her mother is some random woman he hooked up with Tiger Woods style. Which as I said before was not something Edward was really into.
So long and goodnight...
Old 05-11-2010, 04:43 PM
Majesty

There are a number of people who claim to be Edward's child and I do know of one through work my father did in the 1950s, 60s and 70s but that person doesn't make the claim public or come up with such an implausible way for conception to have occurred. This person was conceived about the time that Edward stayed at her family's property in Australia in the 1920s, has a resemblance to Edward and that is all that is ever said about her. My knowledge comes through confidential areas - my father was the lawyer for her family during the decades mentioned above and this was something I overheard him discussing with his private secretary, who happened to be my mother.

As for the above lady she also claimed/s claims that George V was Hitler's father or at least supports that claim based on some vague resemblance between Hitler and George VI and thus the plot to get rid of Edward because he knew the truth. Initially I might add the claim was that George VI was Hitler's father but that was changed to George V when it was pointed out that George VI is younger than Hitler.

She is entitled to her fantasy but she isn't entitled to parade it across the internet as fact and not expect to be challenged about it or have others not ask questions about her claim, which is what the original poster did.

She tried posting here but soon left after we queried her about things and she couldn't support her arguments with evidence that could refute the known facts about Edward at the time. The same thing has happened on a couple of other royal boards where I post - she has appeared, been challenged, been unable to counter the known facts and left or been banned.

Tags
hohenzollern, imposters, norway