The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Genealogy

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2015, 05:19 PM
Commoner

Well since everybody is mentioning there connection to royalty. Well I'm prince William an Harry. 5th cousin twice removed

Old 04-30-2015, 06:13 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
At the time of the Domesday Book (1086) the isles probably had a population of less than 2 million. (Much less than in Roman times). Almost thousand years furtherer we can say almost all natives on the British isles can trace their descent to William the Conqueror, with all possible zig-zag through the genealogical web.
While this may be in fact a true statement, I think its got to be a wonderful feeling, after who knows how many hours of research and digging, to finally have it all fit together and know the lines and the precise ancestors.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

It would be great to be able to go back that far. I can only go back about 100 years in any lines due to non-registration of children, people jumping ship and changing their names although not officially, babies being found by the side of the road with two dead people presumed to be the parents but no documents to confirm that. Past my great-grandparents I have no idea of any lines other than they all came from the UK. ALL records in the UK stop at that point for one reason or another e.g. my maternal grandmother was never registered and was an only child. Her mother's name on documents changes from year to year - for instance the name on the ship that brought them to Australia isn't the same name as the one her husband put on his enlistment papers in 1914 (and his age is way out on those documents as he said he was 34 when he was in fact 49 - so his documents with the AIF are completely wrong). The name that was used for my grandmother also changed.

I am so envious of those who can trace their ancestors back past the 1890s as there is no way I can.

My paternal grandmother was found lying beside a buggy with two dead adults. The assumption is that they were her parents but they had no identification. For all we know they may have kidnapped my grandmother. That was in 1890 and she was sent to an orphanage and given a name there which we know wasn't her correct name.

And so on and so on and so on.
Old 04-30-2015, 07:26 PM
Serene Highness

That was a sad story, but I guess that wasn't so unusual when it comes to emigrants. As I can trace many of my ancestral lines back to the 17th century, I'm in a totally different situation.
Old 08-24-2015, 11:53 PM
Commoner

Henry III King of England
BIRTH 10/01/1207
DEATH 11/16/1272
Is my 22nd great-grandfather as well. :)
There are actually many names in your tree that are in mine as well. I guess we are related. :)
My line starts in BC and I also have many royal ancestors, from many different countries. I am a 22nd cousin of the current queen. Have you figured anything out yet. I just assumed I am not entitled to a claim, but if I were that would be amazing. My daughter already is my lil princess. :) I am a woman so I figured probably no chance of being able to claim a title. :( However the journey is so much fun. It is so amazing to truly know your roots and to be able to pass it on from each generation to the next.
Old 08-29-2015, 12:40 AM
Commoner

well aubri, I wouldn't say I have a lot of royals in my tree, but when it comes to aristrocrats there is one or two. my family is more of the Scottish connection to the royal family through lady Di mother, who was a decendant of King James the 4th by one of his mistresses like myself, an in my case there is a Robert the Bruce connection too
Old 10-04-2015, 11:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionmanpf View Post
as well as William's wife Kate, is related to them, don't be fooled you think the queen would of given her blessing as tradition calls for, if she didn't have some type of royal connection, what I understand she is William's 16th cousin
That has been proven, but as a 16th cousin to the future British king, it does not give put her in the "royal connection" category; only her marriage to Prince Wiiliam gives her that status. FYI: A proven 15th cousin to William and Harry: Ellen Degeneres.
Old 04-17-2016, 07:46 PM
Commoner

I too am related to the current Queen. She is my 12th cousin 1 time removed. I think it would be great to have a title but like you said we are to far removed. It's just cool to know that we have that connection to someone like her, Mary Queen of Scott, even King Henry VIII.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:18 AM
Courtier

Since last year I have found a few more lines going back to Edward III. I descend from 4 of his Sons. One is on my Maternal Grandfather side.

One line of descent is form Henry VII through his daughter Mary.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:52 PM

wish on a star.

I wish i was related to a royal house.