Descendants of Queen Victoria

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It might be so. Then Queen Victoria has her son on her right and on her left is Prince Albert Victor (as his brother never had a moustache and no beard.) And the little boy is? Not David as he wasn't born when his uncle was alive.

Or, it is Victoria, Albert Edward, a completely unrecognisable future King George V (who was clean shaven until he grew a beard) and an equally unrecognisable David, who never wore a little Lord Fauntleroy outfit.

In post 20 NotHRH mentionted it is indeed the latter

I have seen this pic several times with all identified as I have id'd them before. Matter of fact saw it 2 days ago with the same identifications of those in question. It was all about direct in succession to the throne of GB, nothing else.

You may have seen it identified as such, but that doesn't mean that the identification is correct - the Internet is often wrong.

Looking at verifiable pictures of George V and Edward VIII make it pretty doubtful that either are depicted in the original picture posted. Such pictures might have broader interpretations of what people look like, but given as George V was known for having a full beard (not a moustache) and his sons as children were known for being dressed in sailor outfits, it's hard to believe that an image meant to depict them would come out looking like the one posted here.

In post 20 NotHRH mentionted it is indeed the latter

I know that, Lee-Z. See my posts on this topic on this thread. I'm debating the subject and being sarcastic. :)

I've had a thought. It is obviously Victoria, but the man beside her on the right wearing what appears to be a British uniform could be the blonde and bushy-bearded Frederick III of Germany, her beloved son in law who was a great favourite in England. He was gravely ill from cancer and died of course in 1888. (That scrap looks more 1880's than 1890's which would be when David (Edward) was growing up.)

The young man to the left with the moustache looks like the future Kaiser Wilhelm II before he started waxing his moustache into points. He was Queen Victoria's eldest grandson, in his twenties when he married and his eldest son, again Wilhelm, was born in 1882, perfect for the little boy.

Freidrich's illness wasn't really known by the general public and I'm wondering whether the 'Four Generations' title refers not to dynasties but to the close relationship of these future Kaisers to their mother in law, grandmother and great grandmother, with this composition dating from say 1887. What do you think?

https://www.google.com/search?q=pic...hUP6mMKHT8NA7oQ_AUIBygB#imgrc=YiX5V9_oUl0XxM:

Men in this pic have been identified. The boy's face is obvious, as is his father's. QV with the Prince of Wales, the son of the PoW, and the grandson of the PoW. As they say, "read 'em and weep.." but I really don't take it all that seriously...now ????? cheers and put it in on my tab...?

NotHRH, not one of the photos you provided in your link shows the future King George V without a beard and just with a moustache. Not one of the photos in that link shows David wearing a little Lord Fauntleroy outfit. The boy's face is not 'obvious' and his father's certainly isn't !

I do know what the BRF looked like in that era. I have dozens of books on Queen Victoria, her family and descendants.

It may be that the makers of that composite piece intended the two younger males to be the Duke of York, as he then was, and his son David. The facts are however that these figures no more resemble who they are supposed to be than I resemble Queen Elizabeth (and I don't!)

Last edited:
NotHRH, not one of the photos you provided in your link shows the future King George V without a beard and just with a moustache. Not one of the photos in that link shows David wearing a little Lord Fauntleroy outfit. The boy's face is not 'obvious' and his father's certainly isn't !

I do know what the BRF looked like in that era. I have dozens of books on Queen Victoria, her family and descendants.

It may be that the makers of that composite piece intended the two younger males to be the Duke of York, as he then was, and his son David. The facts are however that these figures no more resemble who they are supposed to be than I resemble Queen Elizabeth (and I don't!)

I am only referring to the last pic in post # 17 - only the last pic. Middle pic is the same people, but obviously a few years earlier. If you are referring to the painting that comes 1st in that post - your guess is as good as mine.

It is the picture in the first post that is in debate. There are plenty of pictures of Victoria, Edward VII, George V and Edward VIII. But none of those match the first picture and 2 out of the 4 in the first picture look nothing like George V & Edward VIII. If the younger man is Eddy, he is dead before Edward VIII is born.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I am only referring to the last pic in post # 17 - only the last pic. Middle pic is the same people, but obviously a few years earlier. If you are referring to the painting that comes 1st in that post - your guess is as good as mine.

:ROFLMAO: that's so funny! We are all posting about pic #1 and posting other pictures of which we know the people to try and figure out the first one :lol:
so we already knew who #17 were :lol:

:ROFLMAO: that's so funny! We are all posting about pic #1 and posting other pictures of which we know the people to try and figure out the first one :lol:
so we already knew who #17 were :lol:

:rolleyes::D:sly:;) Duh! I feel like a goofball! Oh well, tried to help. ????? Another round of drinks on my tab!!! :-D

Descendants of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom

17925955_jteYK.jpeg

Current monarchs descendants of Queen Victoria:
  • Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom
  • Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
  • King Felipe VI of Spain
  • King Harald V of Norway
  • King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden
Current Royal Houses of Chiefs descendants of Queen Victoria:
  • King Constantine II of Greece
  • King Michael I of Romania
  • Louis Alphonse (Head of the House of Bourbon from France)
  • Georg Friedrich (Head of Hohenzollern House of Prussia - Germany)
  • Karadjordjevitch Alexander II of Yugoslavia (Head of Karadjordjevitch House - Yugoslavia)
  • Maria Vladimirovna of Russia (Head of the Russian Imperial House)
  • Ernest Augustus of Hanover (Head of Hanover House)
  • Heads of other Royal Houses and aristocratic:
  • Christoph, Schleswig-Holstein Prince (Head of Schleswig-Holstein House)
  • Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester
  • Hubertus Prince of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (Head of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha)
  • Donatus, Landgrave of Hesse (Head of the House of Hesse)
  • Andrew, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Duke of Saxony (Head of the Ducal Family of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha)
  • Philipp, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (Hohenlohe-Langenburg Head of House)

Here you can tell what the others descendants of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom.

Last edited:
Heads of other Royal Houses and aristocratic:

Christoph, Schleswig-Holstein Prince (Head of Schleswig-Holstein House)
Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester
Hubertus Prince of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha (Head of the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha)
Donatus, Landgrave of Hesse (Head of the House of Hesse)
Andrew, Prince of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Duke of Saxony (Head of the Ducal Family of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha)
Philipp, Prince of Hohenlohe-Langenburg (Hohenlohe-Langenburg Head of House)

Here you can tell what the others descendants of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom.

If Richard,Duke of Gloucester counts,you should count Duke of Kent also.

Last edited:
Maud Angelica Behn, born 29 April 2003

Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway (born 21 January 2004)

Leah Isadora Behn, born 8 April 2005
Prince Christian of Denmark, Count of Monpezat (Christian Valdemar Henri John; born 15 October 2005)
Leonor, Princess of Asturias (Leonor de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz; born 31 October 2005)
Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway (born 3 December 2005)

Princess Isabella of Denmark, Countess of Monpezat (Isabella Henrietta Ingrid Margrethe; born 21 April 2007)
Infanta Sofía of Spain (Sofía de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz; born April 29, 2007

Emma Tallulah Behn, born 29 September 2008

Prince Vincent of Denmark, Count of Monpezat (Vincent Frederik Minik Alexander; born 8 January 2011)
Princess Josephine of Denmark, Countess of Monpezat (Josephine Sophia Ivalo Mathilda; born 8 January 2011)

Princess Athena of Denmark, Countess of Monpezat (Athena Marguerite Françoise Marie; born 24 January 2012)

Last edited:
Princess Juliana Elizabeth Maria of Leiningen b. 19 September 2003

I can find more. I think that I saw a list similar to this with color codes for generations.

HSH Prince Fidelis Maria Anton Alexis Hans of Hohenzollern (b. 25 April 2001)
HSH Princess Victoria Margarita Sieglinde Johanna Isabella Maria of Hohenzollern b. (28 January 2004)

I will make a list to add so I don't spam. I'm just using wikipedia.

All might be pushing it - but most of them, I think. I'm unsure about the Netherlands, Belgium, Monaco & Liechtenstein, at least. If not Luxembourg as well, although I think there was something there...

Princess Caroline's youngest daughter, Alexandra is a descendant. The Netherlands are in laws through the Duchess of Albany and Belgium is tangential through Victoria's cousin, Leopold I.

If Richard,Duke of Gloucester counts,you should count Duke of Kent also.

The original post was about "heads of the family" only. Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester, is the most senior male descendant in male line of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg anf Gotha. He is in theory then the agnatic head of the House of Windsor and I suppose that is why the OP listed him.

Victoria's links with Europe's royal families earned her the nickname "the grandmother of Europe". Of the 42 grandchildren of Victoria and Albert, 34 survived to adulthood. Their living descendants include Charles III of the United Kingdom; Harald V of Norway; Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden; Margrethe II of Denmark; and Felipe VI of Spain.
Constantine II, the last King of Greece, and Michael I, the last King of Romania, were also descendants of Queen Victoria.

D7Vl3yDXoBA93_c.png

The current Duke of Galliera is a descendant of Queen Victoria

The current Prince of Civitella-Cesi (Torlonia family of Rome) is a descendant of Queen Victoria

I am probably missing some, but by my last count there were 1321 descendants of Queen Victoria, living or deceased. Not bad for 2oo years.

Right now Prince Alfred is the only one of Victoria's children who have living descendants, who does not have a reigning monarch among them. And some current monarchs are descended from 2 of her children. King Felipe VI from both Vicky and Beatrice, King Charles III from Bertie and Alice, and King Carl Gustav from Leopold and Arthur.

Last edited:
The children of Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg too are descendants of Queen Victoriavia her mother,Donna Olimpia Torlonia Civitella-Cesi.

Donna Olimpia is a daughter of the late Infanta Beatriz of Spain!

Princess Alexandra of Hanover (Alexandra Charlotte Ulrike Maryam Virginia; born 20 July 1999) the fourth child of Princess Caroline of Monaco and the third of Ernst August, Prince of Hanover.
On her father's side, she is a descendant of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom.

Back
Top Bottom