The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-06-2017, 11:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I do remember seeing a picture of Catherine Carey and thinking she looked an awful lot like Henry VIII ....

LaRae
Catherine was certainly said to resemble Henry as she got older. And was given some deference at court. Unlike her brother, her conception and birth do match up with dates Mary was involved with Henry.

https://tudorblogger.files.wordpress...der-meulen.jpg

Old 12-07-2017, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

True, but by that count Prince Harry is believed by some to look like James Hewitt. Doesn’t make Hewitt his biological father.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:25 AM
Aristocracy

I have questions about the BRF's descent from three distinct lanes: the Prophet Muhammad, the Tang Emperors of China, and Genghis Khan. When it comes to their descent from M, I know there have to be many lines of descent left up for debate.
Has any of this been proven?
I don't remember where I heard this, but someone said they're related to his grandson, Kublai Khan.
Is this true?
Old 01-09-2018, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth2Fan View Post
I have questions about the BRF's descent from three distinct lanes: the Prophet Muhammad, the Tang Emperors of China, and Genghis Khan. When it comes to their descent from M, I know there have to be many lines of descent left up for debate.
Has any of this been proven?
I don't remember where I heard this, but someone said they're related to his grandson, Kublai Khan.
Is this true?
This is the line from Chinese Emperors:

Emperor Su Tsung (Tang)
Ning-Kuo (daughter) m. Moyenhur (Uighur)
Bayanue (daughter) m. Surkhab II (Tabaristan)
Sharwin I
Karim
Shahriyar I
Qarin
Abul Melik
Surkhab
Abul-Hamza
Michke m. Katchik-Gagik (Vaspurakin)
Abu Sahl Hamazasp III
Derenik
Katchik I
Hasan
Abul Gharib
daughter m. Auschin I (Lampron)
Hetum II
Alix m. Balian d'Ibelin

Guy d'Ibelin

Alix d'Ibelin m. Hugh de Lusignan
Jacques I 

James I de Lusignan m. Charlotte Bourbon

Anne de Lusignan m. Louis (Savoy)

Margaret m. Peter (Luxemburg) 1390-1433

Louis

Peter

Marie m. Francis Bourbon

Antoinette m. Claude, Duke of Guise

Mary m. James V of Scotland

James VI

Elizabeth m. Frederick V of Bavaria

Sophia m. Ernst Augustus, Elector of Hanover

George I

George II

Frederick

George III

Edward

Victoria

Edward VII

George V

George VI

Elizabeth II
Old 01-11-2018, 09:57 AM
Courtier

It should be noted that this line of descent is unproven. See the discussion at soc.genealogy.medieval:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/soc....c/ZE9fujQiJjIJ

It has been claimed that Queen Mary (wife of George V) was a descendant of Genghis Khan through her Hungarian grandmother but that claim hasn't been proven either. Again, see the discussion at soc.genealogy.medieval:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/soc....A/3A30V2BpEncJ

Ditto for a descent from the prophet Muhammed. Lots of speculation and proposed lines but no proof.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:54 PM
Aristocracy

as the original poster of the china link, I since discovered that a correction needs to be made. namely that Abul Melik was Qarim's name after he converted to islam
Old 02-13-2019, 05:29 PM
Aristocracy

Does the royal family have any Canadian, Monegasque or islander (Bermuda, Jamaica, St. Kitts, etc.) ancestors?
Old 02-13-2019, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Does the royal family have any Canadian, Monegasque or islander (Bermuda, Jamaica, St. Kitts, etc.) ancestors?
Well, what members? Do you mean Queen Elizabeth II, Duke of Cambrige, Duchess of Sussex? There are many members of the royal family, do you mean born members or members who entered the royal family through marriage?
Old 02-13-2019, 10:12 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Well, what members? Do you mean Queen Elizabeth II, Duke of Cambrige, Duchess of Sussex? There are many members of the royal family, do you mean born members or members who entered the royal family through marriage?
It could be any of those three.
I’d even say Princess Di—since she is 1/8 American.
I almost said Sarah, Duchess of York and Camilla too, but I know for a fact that both of them have a Canadian ancestry; so, I excluded them in my questions.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It could be any of those three.
I’d even say Princess Di—since she is 1/8 American.
I almost said Sarah, Duchess of York and Camilla too, but I know for a fact that both of them have a Canadian ancestry; so, I excluded them in my questions.
I checked Lady Di, but there doesn't seem to be any Canadian ancestry in her nearest ancestry chart.

Still didn't check Sarah and Camilla. If you know some fact, please provide us!

Thnx
Old 02-15-2019, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
I checked Lady Di, but there doesn't seem to be any Canadian ancestry in her nearest ancestry chart.

Still didn't check Sarah and Camilla. If you know some fact, please provide us!

Thnx
Both Sarah & Camilla’s Canadian bloodlines are heavily written about under the Ancestry section of their Wikipedia pages.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:10 PM
Aristocracy

Also, is Diana related to any of the founders of the 13 Colonies (William Penn, George Carteret, etc.)?

Tags
ancestry, british royal family, china, corbyn, countess of errol, crusades, descent, duke of edinburgh, edward iii, elizabeth ii, genealogy, haldane, marie bonaparte, napoleon, prince philip, prince william, queen elizabeth (the queen mother), queen elizabeth the queen mother, royal monarch line of succession heirs, stewart, tang dynasty