British Royal Family Genealogy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Through her Savoy line, Princess Michael is also a direct descendant of King Philip II of Spain and his third wife Elisabeth, daughter of King Henry II of France and Catherine de Medici.

Through her Savoy line, Princess Michael is also a direct descendant of King Philip II of Spain and his third wife Elisabeth, daughter of King Henry II of France and Catherine de Medici.

True.

Another interesting fact is that Princess Michael of Kent and Queen Elizabeth II (also Prince Michael of Kent) have both descended from Prince Ferdinand August von Lobkowicz (1655-1715) and Princess Maria Anna Wilhelmina von Baden-Baden (1655-1701).

Princess Michael of Kent has descended from their eldest daughter Princess Eleonore Amalie Magdalene von Schwarzenberg, famously known as "The Vampire Princess" (1682-1741).

While Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Michael of Kent have descended from her younger sister Princess Maria Ludovika von Thurn und Taxis (1683-1750)

Last edited:
The Duke of Clarence, Edward's brother and the future William IV, had 10 illegitimate children with his long-term mistress. They were openly acknowledged and used the surname Fitzclarence. So, if Edward and Julie had had any children, I doubt it would have been kept secret. AFAIK she had no children with her husband either, so it seems likely that she wasn't able to have children.

Thank you, Alison! I think you're probably right, but I've wondered whether or not the Royal Archives can be manipulated by various monarchs and their teams, I guess. like, say, a hyper-conservative whose own courtiers wouldn't even tell her that hemophilia was genetic in the maternal line.

Yes, both Princess Michael of Kent and Princess Mafalda descended from Prince Luigi Vittorio of Savoy-Carignano and his wife Princess Christine of Hessen-Rheinfels-Rotenburg, who were also parents of Princess de Lamballe.

Here is her line:

Prince Luigi Vittorio of Savoy-Carignano (1721-1778)
I
Princess Gabrielle of Savoy-Carignano (1748-1828)
I
Prince Franz Josef von Lobkowicz (1772-1816)
I
Princess Gabrielle von Lobkowicz (1793-1863)
I
Prince Vincenz Carl von Auersperg (1816-1867)
I
Princess Marie Gabrielle Eleonore von Auersperg (1855-1933)
I
Princess Marie Hedwig von Windisch-Graetz (1878-1918)
I
Countess Marianne Szápáry de Muraszombat (1911-1988)
I
Princess Michael of Kent (b.1945)

Thank you very much for the family tree!

Interestingly, David Cameron (Former British Prime Minister) descends from King William IV and his mistress Dorothea Jordan through their illegitimate daughter Lady Elizabeth FitzClarence (later Elizabeth Hay, Countess of Erroll). David Cameron is the fourth great-grandson (great, great, great, great grandson) of Countess of Erroll. This makes Cameron fifth cousin twice removed to Queen Elizabeth II.

I don't know if it has been said as i'm new to the forum, but

Current Prime Minister Boris, is also a fifth cousin three times removed to Queen Elizabeth II and 8th cousins to his predecessor Cameron.

I don't know if it has been said as i'm new to the forum, but

Current Prime Minister Boris, is also a fifth cousin three times removed to Queen Elizabeth II and 8th cousins to his predecessor Cameron.

It is known. There was an episode of "Who do you think you are?" in which it was revealed that Boris Johnson is descendant of Prince Paul von Württemberg, son of King Friedrich I von Württemberg and also descendant of King George II of Great Britain, who is also ancestor of David Cameron.

Queen Elizabeth II is descendant of King Friedrich's younger brother Duke Ludwig Friedrich Alexander von Württemberg and his wife Princess Henriette von Nassau-Weilburg.

This is his closest connection to the Queen. But, as a descendant from the royal House of Württemberg, he is related to almost every royal in Europe.

I'm interested in French-Canadian genealogy (particularly Quebec) and when I was at Ancestry.com I read Camilla shares ancestors with... Celine Dion and Madonna.

A fuller explanation of Camilla's genealogy can be found at www.wargs.com/royal/camilla.html

I wonder if, because of the scarcity of early settlers in Quebec, if Camilla and I might be related. Maybe that explains my "Material Girl" tendencies! :)

This website will be very helpful in your research

https://www.nosorigines.qc.ca/genealogyLinker.aspx?lng=en

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom