The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Genealogy

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenElizabeth2Fan View Post
8) George Mikhailovich of Russia
Her Majesty The Queen is a third cousin once removed of His Imperial Highness Grand Duke Gerge Mikhailovich of Russia, who is the son of Her Imperial Highness Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirova, who is the Head of the Imperial House and Empress de jure of Russia.

Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom (1819-1901) - King Edward VII of the United Kingdom (1841-1910) - KIng George V of the United Kingdom (1865-1936) - King George VI of the United Kingdom (1895-1952) - Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom (b. 1926).

Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom (1819-1901) - Prince Alfred, Duque of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (1844-1900) - Princess Victoria Melita of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (1876-1936) - Grand Duke Vladimir Kirillovich of Russia (1917-1992) - Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna of Russia (b. 1953).

Old 10-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Courtier

Boy, you put it A LOT better than I did!!! Cheers

Old 10-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:

I also know (according to a new biography of Prince Philip) that said the Duke of Edinburgh's aunt Marie Bonaparte was a direct descendant of Napoleon's younger brother Louis. Would this make Philip a grandnephew of Napoleon?
No it wouldn't. Marie Bonaparte was only Philips aunt by marriage.

-
QEII and Empress Maria Theresa both descend from a daughter of Duke Louis Rudolph of Brunswick Wolfenbüttel and Christine Louise of Oettingen-Oettingen.

Elisabeth Christine of Brunswick Wolfenbüttel -> Marie Theresa, Empress of Austria, Queen of Hungary.

Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfensbüttel -> Sophie Antoinette of Brunswick W. -> Ernst Friedrich of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld -> Franz of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld -> Ernst I of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha -> Albert of SCG -> Edward VII -> George V -> George VI -> Elizabeth II

or

Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfensbüttel -> Sophie Antoinette of Brunswick W. -> Ernst Friedrich of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld -> Franz of Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld -> Viktoria of Saxe Coburg (Dss of Kent) -> Victoria I -> Edward VII -> George V -> George VI -> Elizabeth II

or

Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel -> Juliana of Brunswick Wolfenbüttel -> Frederick of Denmark -> Charlotte of Denmark -> Louise of Hesse-Kassel -> Alexandra of Denmark-> George V -> George VI -> Elizabeth II

or

Antoinette of Brunswick-Wolfenbüttel -> Juliana of Brunswick Wolfenbüttel -> Louise of Denmark -> Louise Caroline of Hesse-Kassel -> Christian VIII of Denmark -> Alexandra of Denmark-> George V -> George VI -> Elizabeth II
Old 10-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Gentry

I forgot that important fact...
But even if its by marriage, then why doesn't it count?
Old 10-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness

I know a woman who lives in California, who is descended from one of Napoleon's cousins. It was the cousin who went to Lucca, Italy and farmed olive groves, but I didn't ask the name. My California friend has Variegate Porphyria and discovered that this family had it. Napoleon always held his side because of the Porphyria pain. This is what I was told by various writings, don't know if it's true. Probably is true, but people try to hide this so it gets obscure.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Queen Elizabeth is related to most of the current Europe Royal Houses and most Former Royal Houses (but they are now distant cousin with Harald v bring the closet relation who is her second cousin) Through Queen Victoria And King Christian IX.

A good question would be who she not related too?
Old 10-07-2013, 05:27 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Elizabeth II and Leka:

Johan Georg II of Anhalt-Dessau -> Henriètte Amalia of Anhalt-Dessau -> Johan Willem Friso of Orange-Nassau -> William IV of Orange-Nassau -> Carolina of Orange-Nassau -> Henriette of Nassau-Weilburg -> Louis of Wurttemberg -> Alexander of Wurttemberg -> Francis of Teck-> Mary of Teck -> George VI -> Elizabeth II

Johan Georg II of Anhalt-Dessau -> Leopold I of Anhalt-Dessau -> Leopold II of Anhalt-Dessau -> Agnes of Anhalt-Dessau -> Agnes von Loën -> Hermann von Seherr-Thoss -> Marguerite von Seherr-Thoss -> Gyula Apponyi de Nagy-Appony -> Geraldine Apponyi de Nagy-Appony -> Leka Crown Prince of Albania
Old 10-07-2013, 09:36 PM
Majesty

By marriage yes. By blood I don't think so.

Princess Caroline married Prince Ernst of Hannover who is a descendent of George III and so Ernst and Elizabeth and Ernst and Philip are related through a number of different lines.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Another one I forgot to add is if HM is related to Princess Caroline of Hanover, Grace Kelly's daughter.
They are all descendants of Prince John William Friso, Prince of Orange, the most recent common ancestor of all the current European Monarchs.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_William_Friso,_Prince_of_Orange
Old 10-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Gentry

Ah. Even the other royals I listed?
If you can, show me their lines of descent as proof. I've heard a lot about some royal lineages (without the source listing the lines).
Old 10-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Johan Willem Friso and his wife, Marie Louise, are the most common ancestors for every currently reigning European house, and a good number of the non-reigning ones as well. I've compiled a list of all of their descendants, but I don't have my computer on me right now so I can't give you the chronicle right now but I will later.
Old 10-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
By marriage yes. By blood I don't think so.

Princess Caroline married Prince Ernst of Hannover who is a descendent of George III and so Ernst and Elizabeth and Ernst and Philip are related through a number of different lines.
Mutual descent from Electress Sophie of Hanover.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
If you can, show me their lines of descent as proof. I've heard a lot about some royal lineages (without the source listing the lines).
Okay, so I'll try to keep this as short as I can, and in doing so I'll just go to the point at which the line of Johan Willem Friso entered into the various currently reigning European royal houses.

Liechtenstein:
  1. Johan Willem Friso and Marie Louise of Hesse-Kassel
  2. Princess Amalia of Nassau-Dietz
  3. Charles Frederick, Grand Duke of Baden
  4. Charles Louis, Hereditary Prince of Baden
  5. Princess Caroline of Baden
  6. Princess Sophie of Bavaria
  7. Archduke Karl Ludwig of Austria
  8. Archduchess Elisabeth Amalie of Austria, who married Prince Aloys of Liechtenstein; they were paternal grandparents to Hans-Adam II
Luxembourg
  5. Princess Caroline of Baden
  6. Princess Ludovika of Bavaria
  7. Karl Theodor, Duke in Bavaria
  8. Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria
  9. Leopold III of Belgium
  10. Princess Josephine Charlotte of Belgium, who married Jean, Grand Duke of Luxembourg
Belgium

The Belgium line is actually the same as the Luxembourg line; Duchess Elisabeth in Bavaria married Albert I of Belgium, and their grandsons were Baudouin and Albert II.

Sweden
  5. Princess Friederike Dorothea Wilhelmina of Baden
  6. Princess Sophie of Sweden
  7. Frederick I, Grand Duke of Baden
  8. Princess Victoria of Baden, who married Gustaf V of Sweden. They were great-grand parents to Carl XVI Gustaf
Denmark

This line is also the same as the Swedish line; Victoria and Gustaf's elder son was father to Carl Gustaf, while their elder daughter, Princess Ingred of Sweden, married Frederick IX of Denmark. They were Margrethe II's parents.

Monaco
  5. Charles, Grand Duke of Baden
  6. Princess Marie Amelie of Baden
  7. Lady Mary Victoria Douglas-Hamilton, married Albert I of Monaco. They were great-grandparents to Ranier III
Spain
  5. Princess Wilhelmine of Baden
  6. Prince Alexander of Hesse and by Rhine
  7. Colonel Prince Henry of Battenburg
  8. Princess Victoria Eugenie of Battenberg, who married Alfonso XIII of Spain. They were grandparents to Juan Carlos I of Spain
Norway
  2. William IV, Prince of Orange
  3. Princess Caroline of Orange-Nassau
  4. Frederick William, Prince of Nassau-Weilburg
  5. William, Duke of Nassau
  6. Princess Sophie of Nassau
  7. Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland
  8. Princess Martha of Sweden, who married Olav V of Norway. Their son is Harald V of Norway
United Kingdom
  3. Princess Caroline of Orange-Nassau
  4. Princess Henriette of Nassau-Weilburg
  5. Duke Alexander of Wurttemburg
  6. Francis, Duke of Teck
  7. Princess Mary of Teck, who married George V of the United Kingdom. They were parents to Edward VIII and George VI and grandparents to Elizabeth II
The Netherlands

Of course, Johan Willem is a male-line ancestor of the first monarchs of the Netherlands.
  1. Johan Willem Friso
  3. William V, Prince of Orange
  4. William I of the Netherlands
  5. William II of the Netherlands
  6. William III of the Netherlands
  7. Wilhelmina of the Netherlands
  8. Julian of the Netherlands
  9. Beatrix of the Netherlands
  10. Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands
Old 10-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Gentry

Hi Ish,
Do you have a line for France and Albania as well? To Louis Alphonse & Prince Leka II?

If any of you could answer this: Is HM related to the other royals I listed?

Are these royals related to HM Elizabeth II (of the UK of course)

1) Louis Philippe, Duke of Anjou
2) Infanta Alicia, Duchess of Calabria
3) Duchess Marie Therese of Wurttemberg
4) Louise Marie Therese d'Artois
5) Archduke Charles, Duke of Teschen
Old 10-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Leka isn't a descendant of Johan Willem Friso, he's one of the few heads of a royal house to not be.

Louis Alphonse's line is the same as Juan Carlos' line, up to a point. He too is descended from Princess Victoria Eugenie of Battenburg and Alfonso XIII of Spain, their second son was Infante Jaime, Duke of Segovia who was Louis Alphonse's grandfather.

Infante Alicia, born Princess Alicia of Bourbon-Parma, is a descendant through both of her parents (her husband is also a descendant), as is Duchess Marie Therese of Wurttemberg, ex-wife of Prince Henri of Orleans.

Archduke Charles, Duke of Teschen, born 1771 and died 1847 (if that's the one you mean) is not a descendant, however his wife, Princess Henriette of Nassau-Weilburg, and their descendants are. I can't find a link to Louise Marie Therese d'Artois.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Johan Willem Friso and his wife, Marie Louise, are the most common ancestors for every currently reigning European house, and a good number of the non-reigning ones as well. I've compiled a list of all of their descendants, but I don't have my computer on me right now so I can't give you the chronicle right now but I will later.
Ish, as you have the list of descendants of Prince John William Friso, do you know if Prince Luiz, the Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, descends from him? Thank you.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Gentry

Quote:
...Archduke Charles, Duke of Teschen, born 1771 and died 1847 (if that's the one you mean) is not a descendant, however his wife, Princess Henriette of Nassau-Weilburg, and their descendants are. I can't find a link to Louise Marie Therese d'Artois.
1) Here's a link for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise...èse_d%27Artois

2) About Archduke Charles, he isn't? Would his and Henriette's children be?
Old 10-08-2013, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Ish, as you have the list of descendants of Prince John William Friso, do you know if Prince Luiz, the Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, descends from him? Thank you.
Prince Luiz is a descendant through both of his parents. On his father's side the line is through his grandmother, and on his mother's side it's through his grandfather.

Quote:
1) Here's a link for you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise...èse_d%27Artois 2) About Archduke Charles, he isn't? Would his and Henriette's children be?
Sorry, I meant that I couldn't find a link to Louise Marie Therese on my chart, not in general.

Looking at her children, I see that her sons, Robert I, Duke of Parma and Henry, Count of Bardi, married descendants (sisters Princess Maria Pia of the Two Sicilies and Princess Maria Louise of Bourbon-Two Sicilies).

The children of Charles and Robert would have all been descendants. Henry didn't have any children.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Prince Luiz is a descendant through both of his parents. On his father's side the line is through his grandmother, and on his mother's side it's through his grandfather.
Thank you, Ish.

So, if he descends from Prince John William Friso through Princess Pia Maria of the Two Sicilies, I suppose the Portuguese and French (Orleans) Royal Families are related to Prince John William Friso.

Am I right?
Old 10-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:
...Robert I, Duke of Parma and Henry, Count of Bardi, married descendants (sisters Princess Maria Pia of the Two Sicilies and Princess Maria Louise of Bourbon-Two Sicilies).
They married descendants of who?

Tags
ancestry, british royal family, china, countess of errol, crusades, descent, duke of edinburgh, edward iii, elizabeth ii, genealogy, marie bonaparte, napoleon, prince philip, prince william, queen elizabeth (the queen mother), queen elizabeth the queen mother, royal monarch line of succession heirs, tang dynasty