The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Genealogy

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
Well Philip is a descendent of Queen Victoria, who was the grandchild of George III.

Old 07-11-2013, 06:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
...I could not find any post George III connections with prince Philip.
I think I meant Edward III, not George....
It's been a bit since I looked at Philip's ancestry. Perhaps that'll be my next project....

Old 07-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Courtier

Hi Ish,
I edited my post since you responded. The Philip-lines are all worked out:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...vN2wzNWc#gid=3
Old 07-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Royal Highness

Your Philip line is awesome!
How's your Johann one coming along? That's the project I'm working on now (I think I'm almost done, but every time I think that I seem to find another 1,000 people).
Old 07-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Nobility

Philip is a great-great grandson of Queen Victoria, through his mother.
Philip - his mother Alice - Alice's mother Victoria of Hesse - Victoria's mother Princess Alice of Great Britain - Alice's mother Queen Victoria
Old 07-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Courtier

The Philip-Victoria-line is at the top of the lines in the sheet I posted. Thank you for helping. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Your Philip line is awesome! How's your Johann one coming along?
Thank you!
Oh, those lines seem to multiply like rabbits.
This is what I have got so far:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...vN2wzNWc#gid=2
Old 07-11-2013, 06:46 PM
Royal Highness

They multiply then they converge and divide and then you get stuck trying to keep track of all the Heinrich Reusses....
Seriously, I think someone in the 12th century went "let's screw with whoever tries to figure out our genealogy in 900 years."
Old 07-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Serene Highness

Of course that is how the duke of Edinburgh is related to king George III

King George III > Edward,duke of kent > Queen Victoria > princess Alice,grand duchess of Hesse and by Rhine > princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine > princess Alice of greece and Denmark > prince Phillip,duke of Edinburgh
But through a maternal line
Old 07-11-2013, 11:01 PM
Serene Highness

I found recently I am descended from the "foremother' of the House of Stewart, Eschyna de Molle. Eschyna married Walter Fitzallen, the first High Steward of Scotland in the 12th century,and had several children, including the second High Steward, Allan Fitzwalter. But before she married Walter, she married Sir Robert de Croc, one of the knights who accompanied Walter to Scotland and was given land there. With Robert de Croc, she had several children, including my ancestor Isabel de Croc de Pollok. Isabel married my ancestor Robert de Pollok, who also accompanied Walter Fitzallen from England to Scotland. I found this in a book "Normans in Scotland" by Graeme Ritchie, and also in the annals of the town of Crookston (Crocs'town), which is now a part of Glasgow. There is a very old stone castle in Crookston built by the Darnley Stuarts after they inherited Croc's land. Robert Croc's castle was built of wood in the 12th century, but the 12th c. moat is still there, as is the moat around the nearby castle foundation built by my ancestor Robert Pollok. So this may be off the main topic but it's a hoot for me! I hope you enjoyed my hoot. Here's to Eschyna, who had ten children with three husbands and lived to be either 99 years old or 79, depending on variant annals.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandduchess24 View Post
Of course that is how the duke of Edinburgh is related to king George III
The point was, the Poster I responded to, said he could find no connection after George III (no distinction made maternal/paternal), to any British monarch after George III. I pointed out the obvious one the poster was missing or choosing to ignore, Victoria. As George had numerous children who had descendents, it is quite possible to be of the line of George III, but not descended from any other monarch.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Royal Highness

SLV wasn't missing the obvious one, though. The conversation which started the whole line of Philip part originated with her showing us the tree she did showing how Philip and the Queen descend from Victoria and George III, and beyond that Edward III.

I had made a comment saying that there were a few lines through which Philip is descended from George III (which is a mistake, there's just the one line through Victoria; I think I meant Edward III and not George). The comment to which you responded was SLV telling me how she couldn't find any other George III - Philip connections.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:22 PM
Nobility

I thought it was the Windsors for some reason, partially the reason for Charles interest in Romania.

http://www.today.com/id/45063968/ns/.../#.Uex8FUf4DIV
Old 07-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homme View Post
Royal baby strange facts

I like this fact: The Islamic Sultan bit is through the Spencers I believe.
They are distantly related, extremely distantly, but not descended.

The Moorish Princess in question is Zaida, mistress and sometimes considered wife, of Alfonse VI of Castile.

Diana and the Spencers are descended from one of the bastards of Charles II. Charles maternal grandmother (mother of Queen Henrietta Marie) was Marie de Medicci. Marie was a direct descendent of Alphonse, through her mother Joanna who was a granddaughter of Joanna the Mad of Castile. But they are descendents of Alphonso through his daughter Urraca, who was mothered not by Zaida, but his second wife Constance of Burgundy.

The Windsors are not, as Henrietta Marie's line died out in England, with Anne. It was her sister in law Elizabeth, who the Hannoverians are descended from.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Queen Mary (Princess Mary of Teck) is a descendant of Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia
The current non-reigning King Michael of Romania is a descendant of Queen Victoria. His grandmother was the granddaughter of the Queen, daughter of Victoria's second son Albert of Saxa-Coburg-Gotha. All roads lead to London, someway. :)))
Old 07-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Royal Highness

So, since the newest descendant of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert has been born today, I thought I might post my chart tracing the descendants of the pair of them.

http://sdrv.ms/133pRVZ
Old 07-23-2013, 04:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Queen Mary (Princess Mary of Teck) is a descendant of Vlad III, Prince of Wallachia
Here is the line from Vlad II Dracul,who was the father of Vlad Dracula,or Vlad the Impaler:

Vlad II Dracul,"Vlad the Dragon",Duke of Wallachia,ruled from 1430-1446
I
Vlad IV ''the Monk",Duke of Wallachia,lived from 1435-1495
I
Radu IV "the Great",Duke of Wallachia,lived from 1467-1508
I
Mircea III "the Shepherd",Duke of Wallachia,died in 1559
I
Princess Stanca Basarab of Wallachia
I
Semphira Logofat de Szaszebes,died in 1602
I
Adam Racz de Galgo
I
Peter Racz de Galgo
I
Christina Racz de Galgo
I
Katalin Kuun de Osdola
I
Agnes Kendeffy de Malomviz,born in 1727
I
Baron Gregor Inczédy de Nagy-Varad,died in 1816
I
Baroness Agnes Inczedy de Nagy Varad,lived from 1788-1856
I
Countess Claudine Rhedey de Kis-Rhede,lived from 1812-1841
I
Duke Franz von Teck,lived from 1837-1900
I
Princess Victoria Mary of Teck,lived from 1867-1953
I
King George VI of Great Britain,lived from 1895-1952
I
Elizabeth II,Queen of Great Britain,born in 1926
I
Charles,Prince of Wales,born in 1948
I
Prince William,the Duke of Cambridge,born in 1982
I
Prince "Name" of Cambridge,born in 2013
Old 07-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Gentry

In honor of the new King of the Belgians, here's the closest to the British throne of his multiple descents from George II. A bit surprised there's no Victoria or George III link.

1. George II of Great Britain (1683-1760)
2. Frederick, Prince of Wales (1707-1751)
3. Princess Augusta of Great Britain, Duchess of Brunswick (1737-1813)
4. Augusta, Princess of Wurttemberg (1764-1788)
5. Paul, Prince of Wurttemberg (1785-1852)
6. Pauline, Dutchess of Nassau (1810-1856)
7. Sophia, Queen of Sweden (1836-1913)
8. Prince Carl, Duke of Vastergotland (1861-1951)
9. Astrid, Queen of Belgium (1905-1935)
10. Albert II of Belgium (b. 1934)
11. Philippe of Belgium (b. 1960)

He's also in the Jacobite line, as a descendent of King Louis XV of France, who in turn was a great-grandson of Charles I of England's daughter, Henrietta, who married the Duke of Orleans.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
So, since the newest descendant of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert has been born today, I thought I might post my chart tracing the descendants of the pair of them.

http://sdrv.ms/133pRVZ
Excellent chart thank you
Old 07-23-2013, 07:04 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dralcoffin View Post
In honor of the new King of the Belgians, here's the closest to the British throne of his multiple descents from George II. A bit surprised there's no Victoria or George III link..
The first King of the Belgians was Q Victorias uncle but that was through the coburg line.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearghas View Post
Excellent chart thank you
Thanks! I plan on eventually expanding it to the descendants of Sophie of Hanover.

Tags
ancestry, british royal family, china, countess of errol, crusades, descent, duke of edinburgh, edward iii, elizabeth ii, genealogy, marie bonaparte, napoleon, prince philip, prince william, queen elizabeth (the queen mother), queen elizabeth the queen mother, royal monarch line of succession heirs, tang dynasty