The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Genealogy

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki View Post
I can trace my ancestry back to the Glücksburgs (more exactly to Elisabeth Friederike Sophie Amelie Charlotte of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Beck ) so I guess I could claim the English Throne in some weird way
Than you are related in some way to every royal she married Count von Richthofen...

Her descendants nowadays also include Princes von Hessen(Kassel line),Princes Reuss zu Köstritz,Counts von Schönburg-Glauchau etc.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:37 PM

I am of course the next Heir to the throne.

I am a direct descendant of Robert The Bruce of Scotland. Who's descendants have been usurped by the existing Stewart's of England. I am also a direct descendant of King Carl of Sweden from the 1600's. I can trace my ancestry back to the time of the battle of Hastings in 1066.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Serene Highness

I didn't realize there were descendants of William the Conqueror at Plymouth. I knew there were quite a few at Jamestown, one of which was Captain Francis Taylor's wife, Martha Thompson (through a direct but certainly not Salic line). Those are my ancestors (who, via several routes, are descendants of Charlemagne, Pepin of Italy, William the Conqueror, Jean of Acre (Plantagenet), and so on, until the number of illegitimate kin and daughters and younger sons adds up to an awful lot of us being very far from the throne.

At any rate, Queen Elizabeth II is also a descendant of William the Conqueror, so it's not as if the British have entire rejected the family.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:57 PM

I don't have reason to believe that i'm descended from any families with claim to any thrones particulary now. Most of my ancestors seemed to be commoners with the occasional noble mixed into branches according to last names.

Though I am also descended through the McKinnon family tree.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am somehow related to Elizabeth II through George Washington, whose line goes back to the ancient Kingdom of Northumberland and King Conan. George Washington had no issue, so we step over to his sister, Betty and her husband Fielding Lewis, from whom my American family descends. This is on my mother's side. On my father's side, it is said that they are descendants of the Mongol Hoardes who who settled in Hungary. This line is said to go back to Ghengas Khan. My father was born in the U.S. after his parents landed here from Hungary in 1924. I look just like my father, but my "mongol" characteristics are somewhat diluted by mother's bloodline.

I'm probably in line, but I like the life I have now!
Old 05-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Gentry

i can claim... number 2279 on the list hahahaha.... a lot of good that does me. i'm still broke. but i can prove it.... simply,
Sophia → George I → Sophia Dorothea of Hanover → Sophie of Prussia → Dorothea of Brandenburg-Schwedt → Duke Wilhelm of WürttembergWilhelm, Duke of Urach → Princess Auguste Eugenie of Urach → Count Rudolf von Enzenberg... Euginie Von Enzenberg, Maris Caroline von Blanckenstein.... then to my mother and to myself
Old 05-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Courtier

In that case you have descended from Bourbons,Habsburgs as well as from Ruffo(family of Queen Paola of Belgium),Lucchesi-Palli,Pignatelli and also from Baronets of Thornton
Old 05-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Gentry

yes as well as many others including josephine tascher (boneparte).
i am still some broke commoner though. i dont have a title or a claim to a thing... i dont think... would be nice though
Old 05-15-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
Well, allegedly I'm a descendant of William I through my father and then bad King John through my mother. There have to be some later Plantagenet and Stuart, not to mention Hanoverian, descendants around here. (Both parents have some roots in old New England -- I'm a distant cousin of Crown Princess Pavlos as a result of that. And Camilla and I have shared French roots in Quebec.)
King Edward I (Longshanks/Plantagenet) was my 23rd great grandfather (if my genealogical records are correct.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:43 AM

hi,I'm new here so please forgive me if if this is out of place,but I was wondering if you can test your dna against royal dna to see if your related.
and if you are and it is a sensitive case do you think they would deny the results out of national security or some kind of secrecy act or something. thanks jim.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Unless it was an extraordinary case, eg identification of the remains of the family of Tsar Nicholas II, the answer would be a firm and unequivocal NO.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:08 AM

do you mean you can't get tested or do you mean they can't deny you if it's proven,and its a pretty extraordinary case if it's true,but its a long story and I think if it is true not many people alive would know about it,and some would prefer it not be known.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Administrator

You can get tested as often as you like but there's buckley's of any royal person making their genetic code or DNA samples available to all and sundry.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:30 AM

So it hasn't been done before,also could you point me in the right direction of any historians or anyone who could shed some light on any questions I might have,someone who knows about the royals from about 1920's-1950's any help would be much appreciated.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Nobility

Get a bit more specific about whom do you want to know ...

You seem to implay that you have (illegitimate) royal roots (one of the cases, that a mother told: " your father was prince amonge men" ) ..

I can't see where there would arrise a problem for "national security" or anything like that... illegitimate children are common - and never a problem, as long their are legetmate heirs :-)
Old 10-13-2011, 12:30 PM

I was just wondering if there's anywhere you can find out that kind of stuff,I don't want to just out with it in public,but if anyone can genuinely help me out then cheers.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Nobility

Start with a biography, and take it from there .. that time is very well documented.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:19 PM

yeah looks like I'll have to have look.cheers
Old 10-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Commoner

Well my family name descends from a medieval Scottish warlord, don't think I have any connection to the British Throne though.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:03 PM

I am distantly related to most royal houses in Europe, including the British Throne. But I am not in line for any throne