The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-07-2019, 03:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When you actually stop and think about a blood descent from a royal or noble ancestry, you also have to look at the history. Back then too, the mores of sexual relationships weren't as they are now. It was a time when brothers married half sisters and had concubines and sex was not free again until sex, drugs and rock n' roll ruled n the 60s and 70s. Monogamous relationships weren't the norm. Who survived and who didn't depended on that. Then we have the great purge which wiped a lot of us out in the Middle Ages.

We're talking back to the times from Alexander the Great who died in 323 CE. He could have had multiple offspring but... think about it.... how many may have died in the years following due to poor health, famine and the ultimate destroyer.. the plague through the centuries of the Middle Ages.

I'll put my descent from the Anunnaki as a priority before Alexander.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 02-07-2019, 04:08 AM
Gentry

Some historian believes that Ptolemy I of Egypt was alleged (Illegitimate) half brother of Alexander. Which makes Cleopatra one of his descendants. obviously not a direct descendant

Old 02-07-2019, 04:35 AM
Heir Presumptive

Talking about Cleopatra, for those interested in her and her descendants there's an excellent podcast called "The ancient world" where one of the series tracks her family line through the roman world for as long as it's possible. Ironically several of Cleopatra's descendants sat on the Imperial throne.
Naturally dealing with sources from the antiquity is tricky, but the pod is generally well researched and in tune with modern views of the period.