Worst Guest Outfit

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From looking at the picture (and believe me it was a trial) Laurantien's gown was actually sewn to look like that. The fabric is way too thick for her chest to ahem...make that impression. She was doing a Madonna if you forgive the phrasing. I'm convinced it was deliberately designed that way. Even without a bra I doubt she could do that to the front of that gown unless she had breasts like road cones. :lol:

Some outfits here are just ugly, but Mabel was ugly and very not appropriate, especially for such an important wedding.

I agree. The Swedish Royals have been leaders in the area of fancy dress (gowns, tiaras, hairstyles to go with tiaras etc.). Mabel must have known that there would be some spectacular dresses at this wedding... and it seems that her choice of a "pantu-tu" crossed the line from fashion forward into inappropriate.

I agree. The Swedish Royals have been leaders in the area of fancy dress (gowns, tiaras, hairstyles to go with tiaras etc.). Mabel must have known that there would be some spectacular dresses at this wedding... and it seems that her choice of a "pantu-tu" crossed the line from fashion forward into inappropriate.

Mabel's choice of outfit was horrendous, but I have a feeling that Mabel likes to bring attention to herself at Royal celebrations. There was her bra-less gown at King Harold's birthday gala.;)

The worst dress at Swedish royal wedding was worn by Mabel. It was not even a dress.:eek: It was so awful, what she was thinking? I agree with other posters it must be about getting attention.:dizzy:. Any attention is good attention for Mabel.

Well as long as Beatrix and Friso both let her get away with it, I'm afraid there will be more disasters to come. Is she had the nerve to wear this thing to a Royal Wedding, heaven only knows what else she's capable of showing up in.:bang:

I don't understand why people keep saying "If Beatrix or If Friso" let her get away with it.
No woman would take fashion advice from their husband or mother in law.
Yes I know she's the Queen, but in fashion terms she's not going to have very little affect.
Mabel chose that dress/outfit, so the blame should be placed at Mabel's feet for the outfit, not shifted to someone else.

I'm certainly not shifting the blame. Mabel is 100% responsible for what she wears, BUT, she is representing the Royal Family and her country at home and abroad, and someone should take the initiative and tell her to stop going out looking like a reject from a garage sale dump bin. It makes all of them look ridiculous.

I'm certainly not shifting the blame. Mabel is 100% responsible for what she wears, BUT, she is representing the Royal Family and her country at home and abroad, and someone should take the initiative and tell her to stop going out looking like a reject from a garage sale dump bin. It makes all of them look ridiculous.

Somebody had to look at her before she left for the wedding and nobody stopped her from going.:lol: I would have stopped her at the door, closed and locked it, and tell her that unless she could find something else to put on except that gosh awful outfit, she wasn't going to leave that room!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Holy nightmare...what is WRONG with these women?!

Mabel appears to be on her way to a Star Trek convention...that lovely tiara wasted on that bizarre getup! :ohmy::ohmy: Is it my imagination or does Friso look grumpy...or is it embarrassment?

But my vote goes to Laurentien...no way she isn't going strictly for laughs/shock value here..that is the only explanation there is. She could injure someone with those sharp,saggy boobies..and what's with that cape thingie flowing behind her?! :lol:

What a waste of a stunning tiara.....

charlottestreasures, thank you so much for posting those links...fascinating!

The thing about Mabel is that she has a GREAT figure, super slim after two children and being in her late 30's. I can't understand why she keeps getting it so wrong..didn't Viktor and Rolf design her "Attack Of The Killer Bows" wedding gown as well? :sad:

It's obvious that she and Friso couldn't care less, and rather enjoy making waves.

Either that, or they both simply have mind bogglingly bad taste.

Its typical Mabel style. Im not suprised of her fashion choice to the wedding.
I thik she dresses that way to make fashion statements but arent working well IMO.

Assuming that Mabel and Friso are invited to Albert and Charlene's wedding, whenever that may be, any guesses as to what she'll wear? :p

Assuming that Mabel and Friso are invited to Albert and Charlene's wedding, whenever that may be, any guesses as to what she'll wear? :p

I shudder at the thought. :eek:

Sometimes I wonder if Mabel isn't doing her best to thumb her nose at the establishment as payback for Friso having to give up his succession rights in order to marry her. She can't be wearing the disasters that she wears just because she thinks she really looks good in them.

I shudder at the thought. :eek:

Sometimes I wonder if Mabel isn't doing her best to thumb her nose at the establishment as payback for Friso having to give up his succession rights in order to marry her. She can't be wearing the disasters that she wears just because she thinks she really looks good in them.
Oh come on, even if he didn't give his succesion right up, (and he only did it so he were able to marry her without any complications rising up), him becoming the King is a looooong strech.

First, I didn´t like Mabel´s dress but I would like to say she has a beautiful figure and a lovely face and I can´t understand the headline "Dutch Fury" I would have been far more furious if I were Dutch at some of the getups that Laurentien wears, It was lucky in my opinion, that it was a Dutch designer that thought up that half and half dress.

Why everybody is talking about Mabel's dress? Yes, it was awful, but at the swedish wedding, Infanta Elena was hilarious with that dress created by Lorenzo Caprile.
It is not possible that a 47 years old princess to wear such a thing.

:previous:

There is not much to say about that outfit except "Olé". :ohmy:

The dress would have been nicer if she didn't throw that hideous matador bolero on over it. I think if she had a nice shawl or maybe a gauzy wrap to go with it, she would have looked better.

The dress would have been nicer if she didn't throw that hideous matador bolero on over it. I think if she had a nice shawl or maybe a gauzy wrap to go with it, she would have looked better.

I agree. Elena's gown was very pretty and then she threw that bolero on and ruined it.:eek:

Laurentien's may wear terrible outfits frequently but they are tamer and less laughable than the getup Mabel wore to Victoria's wedding IMHO. That outfit was a disaster.

Victoria's wedding is not New York Fashion Week where it's ok to showcase avant garde designs by Viktor and Rolf.

Why everybody is talking about Mabel's dress? Yes, it was awful, but at the swedish wedding, Infanta Elena was hilarious with that dress created by Lorenzo Caprile.
It is not possible that a 47 years old princess to wear such a thing.

Yeah...that was not attractive at all, was it? The Infanta usually has pretty good taste in evening wear.

"Chick" is a derogatory term.
I'm really sorry, but in this outfit that's exactly what she is... That's why you don't show up to a future monarch's wedding in such attire. What a waste.

This thread is hilarious... OLE :lol:

"Dutch fury over dress of Princess Mabel"

"The Huffington Post on the Dutch Princesses: Quelle horreur!"

News Summary Royalblog.nl: Dutch fury over dress of Princess Mabel

She should be thinking of her two daughters that will someday see
pictures of their mother at "Queen Victoria's Wedding"

Eureka! I have been validated! :ROFLMAO: If that outfit could have been redesigned by making her slacks and the skirt out of a more silk like material and a short matching jacket, it might have had a better chance....but then perhaps that might have been too safe.:lol:

Eureka! I have been validated! :ROFLMAO: If that outfit could have been redesigned by making her slacks and the skirt out of a more silk like material and a short matching jacket, it might have had a better chance....but then perhaps that might have been too safe.:lol:

I fully agree as I thought that a few days ago when looking again at Mabel. If she could have had a silk skirt and some flowing silk pants, with a short jacket, it could have been very pretty, instead of the awful dark men's tailored pants.

I agree. Elena's gown was very pretty and then she threw that bolero on and ruined it.:eek:

I saw a picture of Elena from Corbis. The bolero jacket is a tad busy but the gown itself I find to be rather pretty....Laurentien looked a lot worse!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom