The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Royal Weddings General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post

So, Mabel, I apologize to you and your big fake breasts.

I don't know what you have against Mabel and I really doubt she has
"fake breasts" as your implying.

She was not the only bad dressed, Infanta Elena and Princess Astrid were looking terrible too.

Old 09-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapleleaf134 View Post
I don't know what you have against Mabel and I really doubt she has
"fake breasts" as your implying.

She was not the only bad dressed, Infanta Elena and Princess Astrid were looking terrible too.
Hi, Mapleleaf134. I agree that Mabel was not the only poorly dressed guest. In addition to the two you named I believe there were even more.

As to her breasts, I have no defiinitive proof, I was not there when the surgery was performed, and I don't know Mabel...but those breasts were NOT the ones she brought into the marriage. Check the engagement and wedding pics of Mabel versus those from Victoria's wedding. Her breasts are significantly larger and sitting much higher on her chest in the inappropriate gown.

As to having anything against Mabel, I don't know her. I criticize behaviors and choices, not people. I'm sure she has some admirable qualities and has done some important work for others. But she also involved herself with a drug dealer/mafioso-type person in her past. She was not forthcoming about that when seeking parliament's permission to marry. There has been no response from her regarding the electronic trail which revealed that she had altered her bio on Wikipedia, ommiting the aforementioned incidents. She has progressively worn more outrageous outfits (like her sis-in-law), but where Laurentien comes off quirky or ill-advised, Mabel's choices show a desparate need for attention and an intentional effort to try and upstage others. This event is just one example. Other women have worn slacks at other royal weddings, but the dress code allowed for that and the occasion was either non-reigning royals, a casual day event, or specifically allowed for. At a formal white-tie state event, her choice rather than being bold, shows how insecure she is.

I don't have anything against her, I pity her. And I feel sorry for the family which has to deal with her.

That being said, I actually liked Infanta Elena's gown...sort of. And yes, Princess Astrid could have looked great with a longer dress, better posture (as always) and better placement of her tiara. Crown Princess Katharine of the former Yugoslavia and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg both looked ridiculous. And the absolute worst was the bride's aunt Princess Birgitta...walking roadkill.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Hi, Mapleleaf134. I agree that Mabel was not the only poorly dressed guest. In addition to the two you named I believe there were even more.

As to her breasts, I have no defiinitive proof, I was not there when the surgery was performed, and I don't know Mabel...but those breasts were NOT the ones she brought into the marriage. Check the engagement and wedding pics of Mabel versus those from Victoria's wedding. Her breasts are significantly larger and sitting much higher on her chest in the inappropriate gown.

As to having anything against Mabel, I don't know her. I criticize behaviors and choices, not people. I'm sure she has some admirable qualities and has done some important work for others. But she also involved herself with a drug dealer/mafioso-type person in her past. She was not forthcoming about that when seeking parliament's permission to marry. There has been no response from her regarding the electronic trail which revealed that she had altered her bio on Wikipedia, ommiting the aforementioned incidents. She has progressively worn more outrageous outfits (like her sis-in-law), but where Laurentien comes off quirky or ill-advised, Mabel's choices show a desparate need for attention and an intentional effort to try and upstage others. This event is just one example. Other women have worn slacks at other royal weddings, but the dress code allowed for that and the occasion was either non-reigning royals, a casual day event, or specifically allowed for. At a formal white-tie state event, her choice rather than being bold, shows how insecure she is.

I don't have anything against her, I pity her. And I feel sorry for the family which has to deal with her.

That being said, I actually liked Infanta Elena's gown...sort of. And yes, Princess Astrid could have looked great with a longer dress, better posture (as always) and better placement of her tiara. Crown Princess Katharine of the former Yugoslavia and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg both looked ridiculous. And the absolute worst was the bride's aunt Princess Birgitta...walking roadkill.
HRH Princess Mabel of the Netherlands has no fake breasts,she has the ones she has all her life.
And I thoroughly detest seeing Royals discussed as if they were Hollywood trash and will say
so when I see fit.A little more respect would do.You imply that,and again,and that can easily be
delt with as libel.You do not know HRH,nor any other Royal for that matter,at all,so it is best to
stay off of bashing.Wikipedia,indeed...that's for ,well,let's say the less informed if not worse...
Old 09-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Nobility

In one of your posts I quoted below you referred to the "St. Di diehards". You are obviously a very big fan of the royal family from the Netherlands, as I am of the Swedes. But I usually recognize that other people have their own opinion and even if I disagree and sometimes choose to express my disagreement, it is only that...my opinion. I appreciate your posts and information but sometimes some people can become obsessive with their opinions, like the St. Di diehards, people who I have seen referred to as the COM's or Church of Mary, and in your case there is no name but you post about Mabel as if she is your sister or best friend. My concern is how you address others who criticize (i.e. have a different opinion/experience of these people) than you.

Your posts can range from hypercritical....:

[QUOTE=lucien;958092]Henri can say what he likes but unfortunately he often does so on Boards and Forums as a shove it in your face fact.That,however is only very seldom the case.He is missing out on this one again too,regardless of all explanations.[QUOTE]

...to accusatory and libelous...:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
What that oesi says,is an absolute lie.No need to ask her for proof or anything else,there isn´t any,at all,other then my word for the contrary...oesi just blurred herself into this forum with her first post.
...to threatening and pontentially violent:
Quote:
It is a pure smear campaign by a paper and three fools,if anything had happened here in the same context,I would have gone
after them myself and not just dragged them to Court only.You bet.
Quote:
On Sixtus....
Quote:
If I was to meet him,I would still slap him in the face or rearrange his clockwork.That man is evil to the core.
I will never forgive him!!

Let he who is without sin:
Quote:
And I thoroughly detest seeing Royals discussed as if they were Hollywood trash and will say
so when I see fit.A little more respect would do.You imply that,and again,and that can easily be
delt with as libel.

On Diana, Princess of Wales:
Quote:
On Diana.She never was my next best thing instead of a pet she seems to be to many others.
Remembering the day of their engagement,I recall I thought;
"What is this suppose to be?" A "lightweight",unfit for her future role.

With the years,one saw her change,elevate from a schoolkid to a young woman,into a hysterical belated adolescent,a state
of mind she never got away from.A loose canon and flimsy superficial girl who acted while camera's buzzed,but other then that,
wasn't halve as special as the St.Di diehards would like you to believe.

I never lost that feel of "fake" watching her.

Those of you who were old enough at the time,will understand when I say "it chooked me up to watch the funeral".
And all that for a girl I never thought was fit for her role at all.She made an impact,even on me.
On Ari Behn:
Quote:
Good riddens Ari.People like him really demand the limit in attention and energy,then to leave one wasted,and
more then anything else,M-L looks that,a prisoner of love for a nutcase.Nada mas.Poor woman.
On Prince Laurent of Belgium:
Quote:
The Coburg's have one "of them" in every generation,but none comes close to Laurent when it's about annoying streaks.
The kid definitely has a mental issue,heaven knows how poor Clair puts up with that adult adolescent.I pitty her.
On David & Victoria Beckham:

Quote:
Oh,OK,that's one diva less then...good riddens...He 's only pre-occupied with his next hairdo or plastic event as is she...

Vicky?She's a classless and senseless act,a total waste of life.She's lovely if broomsticks do it for you....If so,please fly away...

In dutch,she's a eng ding.

On Sixtus of Bourbon-Parma and the B-P family:
Quote:
Sixtus is a frustrated two-legged creature,a closeted queen every inch,and lack of it.An affront to mankind and a gay fascist one at that indeed,yes...That man is evil to the core.

The B-P family,Xavier and Madeleine were impossible people,pretentious poor rats,nada mas.Old Xavier was trouble,Ok,he had been in a nazi concentration camp during the war,but his character was his and never changed...

On the people of Japan & also on Akishino & Kiko of Japan:
Quote:
Meanwhile,the Japanese can say what they like,I say they behave like lame cattle by letting this situation continue and not rise against it.

Akeshino and that wife of his are the Kunaicho's darlings,no doubt,they even had the sex of their latest offspring planned by the Kunaicho,
and now are the proud parents of the Heir Presumptive after Naruhito,and they let that be known,always thought that couple to be arrogant/backward,and I am not blind in that department.

For someone who makes judgements about who I may or may not have encountered in my life, you provide no reason to believe the statements you make regarding royals and their character, personalities, likes and dislikes. Do you socialize with them? Vacation with them? Are you their doctor? Their best friend? I don't ask to question your truth. I think it is totally possible that you know these people and may be privy to the information you pass on. I also know that most people who are very good friends with the royals are unlikely to discuss them with others, let alone be a member of and participate in a forum such as this.

Quote:
You do not know HRH,nor any other Royal for that matter,at all,so it is best to
stay off of bashing.
Quote:
It´s not much of an effort for HM Queen Sofia,she actually does like HRH Princess Letizia.A lot.
Quote:
The Princess is nor authoritive in the way you put it nor insists on being addressed as HRH.Absolute nonsense,Laurentien isn't like that at all,she's approacheble and friendly to all...proof or anything else,there isn´t any,at all,other then my word for the contrary,she is one of the most pleasant members of the RF as is her Husband Prince Constantijn.
Quote:
HRH Princess Mabel of the Netherlands has no fake breasts,she has the ones she has all her life.

Quote:
Wikipedia,indeed...that's for ,well,let's say the less informed if not worse...
I agree. Wikipedia, although widely used and cited, is an unreliable source. Part of this is because anyone can edit it, as Mabel was proven to have done when she removed the information about her past from the profile on her. And if the Wikipedia site is for the "less informed if not worse", what does that say about Mabel reading and "contributing" to it?

Quote:
Old Xavier was trouble,Ok,he had been in a nazi concentration camp during the war,but his character was his and never changed...

Perhaps "her character is hers and never changed".

Old 09-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Majesty

[QUOTE=Rascal;1136742]In one of your posts I quoted below you referred to the "St. Di diehards". You are obviously a very big fan of the royal family from the Netherlands, as I am of the Swedes. But I usually recognize that other people have their own opinion and even if I disagree and sometimes choose to express my disagreement, it is only that...my opinion. I appreciate your posts and information but sometimes some people can become obsessive with their opinions, like the St. Di diehards, people who I have seen referred to as the COM's or Church of Mary, and in your case there is no name but you post about Mabel as if she is your sister or best friend. My concern is how you address others who criticize (i.e. have a different opinion/experience of these people) than you.

Your posts can range from hypercritical....:

[QUOTE=lucien;958092]Henri can say what he likes but unfortunately he often does so on Boards and Forums as a shove it in your face fact.That,however is only very seldom the case.He is missing out on this one again too,regardless of all explanations.
Quote:

...to accusatory and libelous...:

...to threatening and pontentially violent:

Let he who is without sin:

On Diana, Princess of Wales:

On Ari Behn:

On Prince Laurent of Belgium:

On David & Victoria Beckham:

On Sixtus of Bourbon-Parma and the B-P family:

On the people of Japan & also on Akishino & Kiko of Japan:

For someone who makes judgements about who I may or may not have encountered in my life, you provide no reason to believe the statements you make regarding royals and their character, personalities, likes and dislikes. Do you socialize with them? Vacation with them? Are you their doctor? Their best friend? I don't ask to question your truth. I think it is totally possible that you know these people and may be privy to the information you pass on. I also know that most people who are very good friends with the royals are unlikely to discuss them with others, let alone be a member of and participate in a forum such as this.

I agree. Wikipedia, although widely used and cited, is an unreliable source. Part of this is because anyone can edit it, as Mabel was proven to have done when she removed the information about her past from the profile on her. And if the Wikipedia site is for the "less informed if not worse", what does that say about Mabel reading and "contributing" to it?

Perhaps "her character is hers and never changed".

You really tried to make an effort didn't you?Yet it is a rambling post from A to Z,
if it wasn't for all of my own quotes which are correct from A to Z,you rascal you......COM's?Never heard of the term before,
LOL,suppose that tells all what I think on catwalk cats.But back on Mabel,you're obviously no fan of her yet I don't believe she
will sleep less for it,nor is it relevant in this thread.At all.I might have a penchant for some Royals but what I really have a
penchant for is the truth,whether or not that is favourable to others or not but it has to have the thruth in it.I strongly dislike
false accusations and ditto info,and I make my point on that.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:50 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

The website 'Sartorial Splendor' made a top 10 of worst outfitts at a royal wedding

1 Laurentien at wedding Frederik & Mary
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1796/62281758.jpg

2 Mabel at wedding Victoria & Daniel
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/3209/46286996.jpg

3 Anne at wedding Charles & Diana and Rose & George
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/9558/37628398.jpg

4 Eva at wedding Haakon & Mette Marit
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/4589/94938084.jpg

5 Märtha Louise at weeding Felipe & Letizia
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2388/74647855.jpg

6 Elena at wedding Victoria & Daniel
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3661/34164818.jpg

7 Mette Marit at wedding Willem-Alexander & Máxima
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6467/37022290.jpg

8 Laurentien at wedding Pieter-Christiaan & Anita
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/5830/80191684.jpg

9 Máxima at wedding Pieter-Christiaan & Anita
http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/4363/81607080.jpg

10 Beatrice at wedding Peter & Autumn
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/440/97338366.jpg
Old 09-15-2010, 06:32 AM
Nobility

[QUOTE=lucien;1136952]
Quote:
You really tried to make an effort didn't you?Yet it is a rambling post from A to Z...
Rambling? Guilty as charged. In fact as I was creating this post I myself said this is a bit of overkill and in my own mind used the word "rambling"..LOL. But I actually did so because I consider it a disservice to post any statement of fact or opinion without supporting material such as reference to first hand experience or research, hence the collection of your own postings. What I find most interesting about your post quoted in segments here is that none of it addresses any of the points in the rambling post nor refutes them. Criticizing my rambling style without addressing the points or suggestions makes for an empty post.

[QUOTE=lucien;1136952]
Quote:
But back on Mabel,you're obviously no fan of her yet I don't believe she
will sleep less for it,nor is it relevant in this thread.
As stated previously, I don't know Mabel and have never met her (still waiting to hear what your relationship is with her). Can't judge her as a person. However, I have commented on her actions and how that reflects on her character. Of course she won't lose any sleep over my opinion (something I trust applies also to you) and that is how it should be. But I should suggest that the next time you are offended by postings discussing royals as if they are "Hollywood trash", perhaps you can pass on to Mabel and all of your other close royal friends that some of their behaviors illustrate the characteristics of "Hollywood trash".

[QUOTE=lucien;1136952]
Quote:
I might have a penchant for some Royals but what I really have a
penchant for is the truth,whether or not that is favourable to others or not but it has to have the thruth in it.I strongly dislike
false accusations and ditto info,and I make my point on that.
Truth in the context of this forum requires more than just taking anyone's word for it, as you request all of us to do in regards to your experience of Mabel. Your post(s) demonstrate the same behavior of which you accuse Henri. And in osei's post, you response ignores the fact that osei may have a very different impression, maybe even an actual experience of Laurentien which lead to the criticism. If you actually are a close friend of Laurentien and she cared about how she was perceived, you could engage with osei to find out what created that impression and give feedback to you friend that would be valuable to her, rather than just blindly defending her because you have a favorable impression and worse, calling osei a liar without investigating those claims.

As to truth...each person has their own truth. My truth about Mabel has been stated previously - desperate for attention and recognition. My truth about the Dutch Royal Family is that HM many times looks like a clown in her outfits but never inappropriate - and that she seems to be a wonderful grandmother and mother-in-law in addition to fulfilling her role as monarch in an admirable, professional manner. I have always been a fan of the von Vollenhovens and of all the royals, including the Swedes, this family is the one that, if I could choose, would love to share a meal with. My truth about you, Lucien, is that during my research of your posts I found that we agree, sometimes even in the same threads, on MANY issues and that you have a great wealth of knowledge and experience of history that I appreciate being shared here in this forum. That being said, I hope we both can continue to contribute, whether expressing similar or opposing viewpoints throughout these forums.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
The website 'Sartorial Splendor' made a top 10 of worst outfitts at a royal wedding

I strongly disagree for Eva Sannum!!!! She was splendid, divine!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post

I strongly disagree about Elena, the dress was beautiful!
Also Maxima and Beatrice had interesting (in a positive way) outfits.
Among all those horrors, btw, Mabel's controversial outfit in Sweden looks not so bad.
It's the first time I saw the 2 outfits of Laurentien and they are such disasters. An appropriate 1 place, the other should be 2!
Eva's problem, IMO, are the gloves of that colour..
Old 09-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Commoner

Elena's dress was alright, but her bolero jacket wasn't. Now Mabel and Laurentien's fashion sense is terrible. They really need fashion advisers or something IMO. And I didn't liked Maria Theresa's of Luxembourg dress and tiara for the wedding.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:43 AM
Nobility

I don't like Mabel's outfit at all. It looks as though she's dug out a pair of trousers and draped a length of chiffon round them because she didn't have time to find a proper dress. As for Laurentien's outfit: I like the colours but trousers on women are never appropriate for weddings, especially royal ones. I love Elena's pink dress but I'd say get rid of the bolero, or have a matching one.

As for Princess Diana's mother at her youngest daughter's wedding, the dress and its matching hat were very nice but I'd have either lengthened the gloves to elbow length or better still, got rid of them altogether.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Mabel at Victorias wedding,Martha Louise at Letizias wedding,plus many more!
Old 04-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by adela_cristina View Post
Elena's dress was alright, but her bolero jacket wasn't. Now Mabel and Laurentien's fashion sense is terrible. They really need fashion advisers or something IMO. And I didn't liked Maria Theresa's of Luxembourg dress and tiara for the wedding.
I agree about Elena's dress and the bolero. I couldn't put the two together. I wanted to see the gown without it. It looks like it's a beautiful gown.

Mabel and Laurentien's fashion sense isn't terrible...it's horrible! I thought the Princess Royal Anne needed help but she looks like a fashionista compared to these two! I consider Mabel and Laurentien reasonably attractive women and I keep hoping they will show up in something that will knock your socks off...and I keep getting disappointed. I still hold out hope for the both of them. I'm too scared to say they can't get any worse because they might!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Serene Highness

Definitely agree with the Laurentien and Mabel being at the top of the list. But I think Eva Sannum "won" for being worst dressed when you couldn't afford any more negative publicity.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

They all look awful. Some, only for a short time, others, like Anne and Beatrice, because they have no style.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:36 AM
Royal Highness

It's a shame Mabel won't be attending the wedding in London, I'll miss not seeing her creation for this wedding.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:50 AM
Courtier

P. Elena`s bolero was certainly a piece of a national costume, very precious with its embroideries of and on valuable fabric and textile, and such a unique piece of wardrobe enlightens every dress, especially that rose-coulered one of pure silk and a plain but beautiful cut. No no, I don`t permit to criticize P. Elena´s taste.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Princess Mabel's ensemble at the Wedding of Crown Princess Victoria!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Now I can add Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie on to my list!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:18 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Top 10: Worst Dressed Royal Wedding Guests

All of these outfits are horrendous.I thought Mabel at Victoria's wedding should have been number one. It looks like the designer hates her.Eva showed way too much skin for a royal wedding.Mette Marit looked like she lost her luggage.Minus the hat,I liked Beatrice's outfit but,not for a wedding.Maxima's hat was as big as The Netherlands itself.Anne,throw away that outfit already.Laurentien should never be invited to a wedding again with her crazy outfits.Elena was a pink disaster.Martha looks like she's promoting McDonald's intstead of the Spanish flag.

Tags
fashion, pre-wedding events, royal weddings