The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Royal Weddings General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Maybe we need to put this to a vote. Quite a few people have brought up Mabel at Victoria's wedding and Laurentien at Mary's wedding, so let's have at it. Of the two, who was dressed worst:

Laurentien 2004 aka "torpedo boobs"

Mabel 2010 aka "ballerina tutu in a blender with tuxedo pants"
Besides the boob thing Laurentien didn't look all that bad.
Mabel is by far still the worst dressed at a royal wedding. Hands down.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:07 AM
Royal Highness

Laurentien is the worst-dressed here. Saggy boobs are just wrong! Mabel is just showing bad taste: pants, low cut, bare shoulders for a white-tie church wedding. It's a nice outfit, just inappropriate for the event.What is it about these Dutch royal daughters-in-law?! Did Maxima get the only decent stylist in the country? Or do they enjoy flaunting their bad taste or upsetting the establishment?

Old 06-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Laurentien is the worst-dressed here. Saggy boobs are just wrong! Mabel is just showing bad taste: pants, low cut, bare shoulders for a white-tie church wedding. It's a nice outfit, just inappropriate for the event.What is it about these Dutch royal daughters-in-law?! Did Maxima get the only decent stylist in the country? Or do they enjoy flaunting their bad taste or upsetting the establishment?
AUGGHHHH!!!!! Did she forget a bra or what?!?!
Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I beg to differ...saggy boobs can easily be fixed. A crappy attitude tends to linger...and fester. I have feeling Mabel's lack of class is only going to get worse as she progressively chooses more provocative and less appropriate presentations.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Mabel was the worst dressed at any wedding so far. Laurentien needed a bra but the gown was o.k. Mabel could have chosen to be different by wearing a gown or heck if she wanted pants a tuxedo.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Courtier

Mabel looked like she ran away from the latest Sex and the City movie.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Serene Highness

Mabel looked like she ran out of her hotel only half dressed, maybe she forgot the bottom of her outfit??
Maybe her dresser forgot to pack it?
This was one of the most important Royal wedding in quite some time, what was she thinking????? She looked awful, IMHO
Old 06-21-2010, 08:20 PM
Courtier

Mabel's outfit on Saturday was far worse than her sister-in-law at Mary's wedding. The biggest problem with Mabel's get up: what is it? a dress, a suit or a ball gown? She doesn't even know. The other sister was tacky in an ugly dress, but at least it's a dress.

One thing is for certain though, they BOTH have terrible taste and dress themselves in the dark, there is no other explanation for it. You can be creative in your dress sense without looking like a clown.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:47 PM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Crown Princess, you are a dear, but Laurentien did look that bad. I'll say this, she made a poor choice in apparel. She last time she really look well dressed was on her wedding day. It's been downhill ever since...
Old 06-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post

The fabric of Laurentien's dress was not that great, which merely made the fact she went to the wedding sans-brassiere all the more appalling. A woman of her age who has had children should NEVER go anywhere without some kind of foundation garment on. Gravity and nature will take its course, making what might otherwise be not that big of a deal into a very big deal. It just look offensive, to be honest.

Mabel just doesn't care, I don't think. She probably figures she's got it made, and that she can show up wearing whatever and people will talk about her.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-21-2010, 10:55 PM
Aristocracy

From looking at the picture (and believe me it was a trial) Laurantien's gown was actually sewn to look like that. The fabric is way too thick for her chest to ahem...make that impression. She was doing a Madonna if you forgive the phrasing. I'm convinced it was deliberately designed that way. Even without a bra I doubt she could do that to the front of that gown unless she had breasts like road cones.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
Some outfits here are just ugly, but Mabel was ugly and very not appropriate, especially for such an important wedding.
I agree. The Swedish Royals have been leaders in the area of fancy dress (gowns, tiaras, hairstyles to go with tiaras etc.). Mabel must have known that there would be some spectacular dresses at this wedding... and it seems that her choice of a "pantu-tu" crossed the line from fashion forward into inappropriate.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:19 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelo View Post
I agree. The Swedish Royals have been leaders in the area of fancy dress (gowns, tiaras, hairstyles to go with tiaras etc.). Mabel must have known that there would be some spectacular dresses at this wedding... and it seems that her choice of a "pantu-tu" crossed the line from fashion forward into inappropriate.
Mabel's choice of outfit was horrendous, but I have a feeling that Mabel likes to bring attention to herself at Royal celebrations. There was her bra-less gown at King Harold's birthday gala.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:49 AM
Serene Highness

The worst dress at Swedish royal wedding was worn by Mabel. It was not even a dress. It was so awful, what she was thinking? I agree with other posters it must be about getting attention.. Any attention is good attention for Mabel.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 06-23-2010, 02:26 AM
Aristocracy

Well as long as Beatrix and Friso both let her get away with it, I'm afraid there will be more disasters to come. Is she had the nerve to wear this thing to a Royal Wedding, heaven only knows what else she's capable of showing up in.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I don't understand why people keep saying "If Beatrix or If Friso" let her get away with it.
No woman would take fashion advice from their husband or mother in law.
Yes I know she's the Queen, but in fashion terms she's not going to have very little affect.
Mabel chose that dress/outfit, so the blame should be placed at Mabel's feet for the outfit, not shifted to someone else.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:08 AM
Aristocracy

I'm certainly not shifting the blame. Mabel is 100% responsible for what she wears, BUT, she is representing the Royal Family and her country at home and abroad, and someone should take the initiative and tell her to stop going out looking like a reject from a garage sale dump bin. It makes all of them look ridiculous.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Courtier

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki63 View Post
I'm certainly not shifting the blame. Mabel is 100% responsible for what she wears, BUT, she is representing the Royal Family and her country at home and abroad, and someone should take the initiative and tell her to stop going out looking like a reject from a garage sale dump bin. It makes all of them look ridiculous.
Somebody had to look at her before she left for the wedding and nobody stopped her from going. I would have stopped her at the door, closed and locked it, and tell her that unless she could find something else to put on except that gosh awful outfit, she wasn't going to leave that room!!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Holy nightmare...what is WRONG with these women?!

Mabel appears to be on her way to a Star Trek convention...that lovely tiara wasted on that bizarre getup! Is it my imagination or does Friso look grumpy...or is it embarrassment?

But my vote goes to Laurentien...no way she isn't going strictly for laughs/shock value here..that is the only explanation there is. She could injure someone with those sharp,saggy boobies..and what's with that cape thingie flowing behind her?!

What a waste of a stunning tiara.....
Old 06-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mabel and Laurentien are unable to wear Natan dresses !

Tags
fashion, pre-wedding events, royal weddings