The Most Beautiful Royal Dutch Bride

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the most beautiful Dutch bride?

• Princess Marilene

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Princess Annette

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Princess Anita

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Princess Aimee

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Crown Princess Maxima

Votes: 79 51.3%
  • Princess Laurentien

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Princess Mabel

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like bits and pieces of what they all were wearing. I love Maxima's tiara and veil, prefer Aimee's dress and I like Annette's bouquet. Overall though, my vote goes to Maxima.

Crown Princess Maxima is my favorite.

The dress, veil, flowers, tiara was simply beautiful. She wore the dress, the dress didn't wear her.

I did notice that, in a sense, all of the several of the Dutch brides dresses are very similar in the cut.

Overall, each of these royal ladies looked great on their special day.

:)

Most beautiful brides-Anita, Aimee and Annette

Most beautiful bouquets-Maxima's,Maritene,Anette,Aimee

Best Dress-Anita

Best earrings-Aimee and Mabel

Best veil-Aimee,Laurentine, and Anita

Best Neckline-Anita

Best Hairstyles-Anita's and Maxima's

GlitteringTiaras said:
Crown Princess Maxima is my favorite.

The dress, veil, flowers, tiara was simply beautiful. She wore the dress, the dress didn't wear her.

I did notice that, in a sense, all of the several of the Dutch brides dresses are very similar in the cut.

Overall, each of these royal ladies looked great on their special day.

:)

o my gosh -- the picture of Maxima's wedding were totally fabulous, totally incredible. It looked like a real life fairy tale to me. Everything was so beautiful; the dress, her hair, everything perfect!

OH MY GOD< wat wrong wit Marilene and Annette??

Their dresses wer hideous and so clumsy! and why is that Bridemaid wearing tha OUTFIT!@

I liked Máxima's dress best.
Anyway, I cannot understand why Laurentien's dress only got 6 votes :ermm: .
IMO she looked great on her wedding day! Maybe this was the only day she looked absolutely gorgeous!
Front View
Back View
(ANP)

Last edited:
Maxima was the best bride of all Dutch princesses, she looked regal and royal. But ex-Queen Anne-Marie of Greece is my fave bride of all times.

Her_Majesty said:
I liked Máxima's dress best.
Anyway, I cannot understand why Laurentien's dress only got 6 votes :ermm: .
IMO she looked great on her wedding day! Maybe this was the only day she looked absolutely gorgeous!
Front View
Back View
(ANP)

well I dislike Laurentien's dress. It's unsymphatic for me, the train and veil doesn't fit together. :neutral:

I have said before that Maxima's dress is my favorite of the current brides, but if we could include the Queen and her sisters, without any doubt my first choice would be Beatrix.

Even after all these years it really is a classic dress and undated.

Scott said:
my first choice would be Beatrix.

...me too! She was so really nice... !

Scott said:
I have said before that Maxima's dress is my favorite of the current brides, but if we could include the Queen and her sisters, without any doubt my first choice would be Beatrix.

I agree about Beatrix's dress [and the same with other royal mother-in laws too]. Those real royals do a great classy job.:)

juliana said:
I agree about Beatrix's dress [and the same with other royal mother-in laws too]. Those real royals do a great classy job.:)

well there are always exceptions to the rule: Queen Wilhelmina did much to ruin her daughters wedding gown. Juliana wore a pretty greekish gown to her wedding but as the wedding was in january and the royal mother was worried about Juliana' shealth she made her daughter wear thick woolen undergarments, which ruined much of the dress IMO. I have seen the dress in real life and I foudn it rather stunning and the most beautifull of all dutch royal dresses I have seen, but on pictures it looks rather plumb.

juliana said:

Ah yes , well if we had to discuss the current Royal Mother-in-Laws dresses, then I am afraid my loyalty to the Dutch Brides would waver. I just drool of the dress of Queen Margrethe of Denmark.

Back to the DUTCH Royal Brides Scott ..............;)

Last edited:
Marengo said:
well there are always exceptions to the rule: Queen Wilhelmina did much to ruin her daughters wedding gown. Juliana wore a pretty greekish gown to her wedding but as the wedding was in january and the royal mother was worried about Juliana' shealth she made her daughter wear thick woolen undergarments, which ruined much of the dress IMO. I have seen the dress in real life and I foudn it rather stunning and the most beautifull of all dutch royal dresses I have seen, but on pictures it looks rather plumb.

I've only seen one picture of Juliana on her wedding day but I agree, even with the woolen undergarments, she was a gorgeous bride, if, indeed, not the best of the whole lot.

Actually, Wilhelmina, her mother, was an epically beautiful bride as well!

Also Beatrix's sister irene, a classic bride, up there with AnneMarie of Greece.

mims111 said:
well I dislike Laurentien's dress. It's unsymphatic for me, the train and veil doesn't fit together. :neutral:

If it wasn't because she got married before Maxima, I would say Laurentien's was a mere copy, except for the fact that it didn't look as stiff as Maxima's.

Maxima looked way better...

I think Mabel and Maxima were beautiful brides, and so were their wedding gowns. Mabel gets sweet smiles, while Maxima always laughs happily!

Most beautiful brides- Maxima, Anita, Aimee

Most beautiful bouquets- Maxima, Anita, Aimee, Mabel

Best Dress-Maxima, Anita, Aimee

Best earrings- Maxima, Aimee, Mabel

Best veil- Maxima, Anita, Aimee

Best Neckline- Maxima, Anita, Aimee, Mabel

Best Hairstyles-Maxima, Mabel, Anita

Best tiara- Maxima, Mabel

I like Mabel's petite fringe tiara, but her earrings deserve their own thread. I liked Mabel's gown, simply because it was Mabel.

My pick of the recent dutch royal wedding dresses:

1. Maxima
2. Anita
3. Aimee

If not for all the bows, I think Mabel's dress would top Aimee's! If she liked bows so much, perhaps one or two appropriately sized bows could have been incorporated somehow so as to not ruin the quality, the fabric, and the silhouette of what could have been a lovely wedding dress. :eek: :bang:

Aimee also looked beautiful.I love the how simple her dress was.She does not need a lot.

Back
Top Bottom