The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Royal Weddings General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who is the most beautiful Dutch bride?
Princess Marilene 3 1.95%
Princess Annette 2 1.30%
Princess Anita 30 19.48%
Princess Aimee 30 19.48%
Crown Princess Maxima 79 51.30%
Princess Laurentien 6 3.90%
Princess Mabel 4 2.60%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Heir Apparent

I voted for Maxima, but Anita and Aimèe come in a close second.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Commoner

they're all gorgeous!

It's hard to choose...especially when they're all dressed in the crisp white gown, smiling broadly (and soooo photogenic) and very pretty!

Old 11-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Does anyone have any info on the tiaras that were worn by all the brides? I see Aimee and Anita wore the same one..is this the van Vollenhoven tiara?
Old 11-04-2005, 02:08 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Marilene, Annette, Anita and Aimee all wore the same tiara, the ears-of wheat tiara. Aimee and Anita wore it with all 8 ears-of-wheat, Marilene and Annette used less of them. The tiara was made from diamonds of Queen Anna Pavlovna (born Grand-Duchess of Russia), wife of King Willem II.

Maxima used the base of Queen Sophie's leaf coronet with 5 diamond stars, which were a gift from Princess Marie of Wied, nee Pss of The Netherlands, and her husband. The leaves haven't ben used as a tiara for a long time, but instead they used pearl/diamod buttons.

Mabel wore the (huge) Queen Emma's sapphire tiara, albeit in a second and smaller setting/design, something which has never ben done before.

Laurentien wore, appropriately the diamond Laurel tiara which once belonged to Duchess Louise of Brunswick, nee Pss of Orange-Nassau, daughter of stadholder Willem V and sister of King Willem I.

Queen Beatrix wore the giant aWurttemburg diamond & pearl tiara with prongs for her wedding, from the possession of Queen Sophie (1st wife of King Willem III), Princess Margriet wore the pearl-button tiara and Irene a tiara which belonged to her (ex-) husbands family and which was stolen in the 80-ties.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

1. HH Princess Anita
2. HRH Princess Máxima
3. HH Princess Aimée
Old 11-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Serene Highness

I voted for princess anita.She looked stunning!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Commoner

Definitely Princess Maxima; she is very beautiful, and she has a wonderful personality. It's always fun to see someone who enjoys life so much.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Thanks Marengo for the tiara info.Its amazing and great how these tiara have stood the test of time and can be used in a variety of different ways!
Old 11-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

I still stand by my Maxima vote.

I didnt really like Laurentien's tiara it just sat a bit oddly a top her head with her hairstyle and the veil. it didnt word. her dress was lovely though.

I liked Anita's dress though to me, and I realize this is 100% subjective,but its not the style i like to see on a princess. i thought it was more for a refined modern woman. I think Maxima's dress is more what I'd like to see a refined modern princess wearing. but that is just me...
Old 11-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Maxima's dress is the best! I like Marliene's and Annette's as well. NO WORDS on Mabels dress :) Anita is okay...love the lace. I must admit I was a bit disappointed by Aimee's. Her civil gown was a delight and this was just too boxy. She has a great figure, and while the dress was somewhat classic I don't believe it did her justice.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:15 PM
Courtier

1. Anita
2. Maxima
3. Aimee
Old 11-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Nobility

1-CP Maxima
2-P Anita
3-P Aimee
Old 11-05-2005, 01:03 AM
Royal Highness

most beautiful Dutch bride?

:o Maxima-first Aimee-second Anita-third
Old 11-05-2005, 04:42 AM
Courtier

Crown Princess Maxima
Old 11-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Nobility

I voted Maxima but its a tie for me between Maxima and Anita. I love the neckline on Maxima's dress and the lace detail on the bodice and sleeves of Anita's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Overall I voted for Anita as my favourite Dutch bride. Yes, I abhorred her busy green and yellow suit and those matching yellow heels at the civil wedding but you could overlook it what with her exuberance and happinesss showing on her face. And her religious wedding attire was perfect.
I'd have to disagree with you Alexandria. I liked the dress, although I think i may have been in the minority, looking at the posts on this board after the civil ceremony!:)

It certainly was a colourful couple of days!:p
Old 08-01-2006, 08:12 AM
Aristocracy

It took me 4 years but at long last I have managed to purchase a copy of the video of Maxima and Willem Alexanders wedding.

After watching this video, Maxima is without a doubt my favorite bride. Photgraphs do not do Maxima or her fantastic Bridal attire justice. You have to see the movement of the outfit to actually to appreciate the dress and that beautiful veil. I had not realised just how beautiful it was.

I am now hoping I will be able to find a video of the other brides from the Netherlands to add to my collection. That is the only way I will be able to see just exactly how wonderful they all looked.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Serene Highness

I think princess Maxima was the mot beautiful and she showed her expressions too.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I vote for CP Maxima. I didn't like her dress from pictures but I recently saw
Lifetime TV's I Do Diaries: Royal Weddings. The way the dress in motion as Maxima walkand moved made it more beautiful for me. She looked like a princess.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Commoner

I vote for Crown Princess Maxima
Old 08-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Royal Highness

My first choice would be Maxima followed by Anita and Aimee.

Tags
bride, most beautiful, netherlands, princess aimee, princess anita, princess annette, princess laurentien, princess mabel, princess marilene, princess maxima, royal weddings