The Most Beautiful Royal Dutch Bride

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the most beautiful Dutch bride?

• Princess Marilene

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Princess Annette

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Princess Anita

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Princess Aimee

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Crown Princess Maxima

Votes: 79 51.3%
  • Princess Laurentien

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Princess Mabel

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
princess olga said:
Y
Best Dress: MABEL.

(ok ok..you all will laugh at me for this one, I'm sure! But think of this: if you do your best and think away those bows, the dress is the absolute <best> of the whole lot, bar perhaps Maxima's. Here's why: The design and cut are out of this world and really do the bride maximum justice. And the fabric/material...the way it glows..it just oozes this dreamy quality, sooo very very well done. Admittedly I don't for the life of me understand why they thought they needed to pin on those silly bows.

I won't laugh, as a matter of fact I think you're quite right. If one gets rid of the bows, it would have been a wonderfull dress! The cut was just perfect!

Mabel's dress

BeatrixFan said:
I vote for Aimee - I think that Mabel looked awful - what on earth were those bows for? It looked like Harrods Christmas Department had exploded all over her.

I think Mabel's dress is lovely, it suits her bows and all!! Very unique!

1) Princess Anita

2) Princess Aimee

3) Princess Maxima

I voted for Anita - I loved all the lace on the bodice of her gown and I thought the neckline was beautiful. Maxima was a close second.

I have to vote Maxima! the way her veil fell over her train was breathtakingly beautiful. the dress was so well made. it didnt rumple in the car. it looked great when she sat down. it looked great when she walked down the aisle.

I loved Aimee's dress a lot too. I just didnt like the neckline. I think she should either have had a collar or maybe worn a necklace. as it was, it looked like the dress wasnt finished or something. i'm sure she wanted to be simple but this was taking things a little too far. i loved her veil though.

and the little bridesmaids were adorable. little anna van vollenhoven is a natural star. i think we'll be hearing more of her in the years to come.

1. Maxima
2. Aimée
3. Anita

Last edited:
Re:

I think less is more. Aimee embraced that concept - I was dreading another Royal Cupcake wandering down the aisle covered in lace and satin - but she looked beautiful and the dress was just perfect for her.

I voted for Maxima, but Anita and Aimèe come in a close second.

they're all gorgeous!

It's hard to choose...especially when they're all dressed in the crisp white gown, smiling broadly (and soooo photogenic) and very pretty!

Does anyone have any info on the tiaras that were worn by all the brides? I see Aimee and Anita wore the same one..is this the van Vollenhoven tiara?

Marilene, Annette, Anita and Aimee all wore the same tiara, the ears-of wheat tiara. Aimee and Anita wore it with all 8 ears-of-wheat, Marilene and Annette used less of them. The tiara was made from diamonds of Queen Anna Pavlovna (born Grand-Duchess of Russia), wife of King Willem II.

Maxima used the base of Queen Sophie's leaf coronet with 5 diamond stars, which were a gift from Princess Marie of Wied, nee Pss of The Netherlands, and her husband. The leaves haven't ben used as a tiara for a long time, but instead they used pearl/diamod buttons.

Mabel wore the (huge) Queen Emma's sapphire tiara, albeit in a second and smaller setting/design, something which has never ben done before.

Laurentien wore, appropriately the diamond Laurel tiara which once belonged to Duchess Louise of Brunswick, nee Pss of Orange-Nassau, daughter of stadholder Willem V and sister of King Willem I.

Queen Beatrix wore the giant aWurttemburg diamond & pearl tiara with prongs for her wedding, from the possession of Queen Sophie (1st wife of King Willem III), Princess Margriet wore the pearl-button tiara and Irene a tiara which belonged to her (ex-) husbands family and which was stolen in the 80-ties.

1. HH Princess Anita
2. HRH Princess Máxima
3. HH Princess Aimée

Definitely Princess Maxima; she is very beautiful, and she has a wonderful personality. It's always fun to see someone who enjoys life so much.

Thanks Marengo for the tiara info.Its amazing and great how these tiara have stood the test of time and can be used in a variety of different ways!

I still stand by my Maxima vote.

I didnt really like Laurentien's tiara it just sat a bit oddly a top her head with her hairstyle and the veil. it didnt word. her dress was lovely though.

I liked Anita's dress though to me, and I realize this is 100% subjective,but its not the style i like to see on a princess. i thought it was more for a refined modern woman. I think Maxima's dress is more what I'd like to see a refined modern princess wearing. but that is just me...

Maxima's dress is the best! I like Marliene's and Annette's as well. NO WORDS on Mabels dress :) Anita is okay...love the lace. I must admit I was a bit disappointed by Aimee's. Her civil gown was a delight and this was just too boxy. She has a great figure, and while the dress was somewhat classic I don't believe it did her justice.

most beautiful Dutch bride?

:eek: Maxima-first Aimee-second Anita-third

I voted Maxima but its a tie for me between Maxima and Anita. I love the neckline on Maxima's dress and the lace detail on the bodice and sleeves of Anita's.

Alexandria said:
Overall I voted for Anita as my favourite Dutch bride. Yes, I abhorred her busy green and yellow suit and those matching yellow heels at the civil wedding but you could overlook it what with her exuberance and happinesss showing on her face. And her religious wedding attire was perfect.

I'd have to disagree with you Alexandria. I liked the dress, although I think i may have been in the minority, looking at the posts on this board after the civil ceremony!:)

It certainly was a colourful couple of days!:p

It took me 4 years but at long last I have managed to purchase a copy of the video of Maxima and Willem Alexanders wedding.

After watching this video, Maxima is without a doubt my favorite bride. Photgraphs do not do Maxima or her fantastic Bridal attire justice. You have to see the movement of the outfit to actually to appreciate the dress and that beautiful veil. I had not realised just how beautiful it was.:rolleyes:

I am now hoping I will be able to find a video of the other brides from the Netherlands to add to my collection. That is the only way I will be able to see just exactly how wonderful they all looked. :)

I think princess Maxima was the mot beautiful and she showed her expressions too. :lol:

I vote for CP Maxima. I didn't like her dress from pictures but I recently saw
Lifetime TV's I Do Diaries: Royal Weddings. The way the dress in motion as Maxima walkand moved made it more beautiful for me. She looked like a princess.

My first choice would be Maxima followed by Anita and Aimee.

Back
Top Bottom