Which Royal Wedding Would You Attend?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
QueenJen, I've always longed to see HGD Stephanie's bridal gown up close too. As beautiful as it was, I am sure that nothing compared to seeing it up close. Someone who was in the choir loft during the ceremony posted that it sparkled like a diamond.

I've always thought pictures probably didn't do it justice. The video caught some of the sparkle, but I have wondered if it was even more 'sparkly' in person. You've confirmed my suspicions. Ahhhh.... :heart:

Monaco wedding: to get more into the mood and be able to say whether or not they were sad like the rumours had it.

Victoria and Daniel: I simply love them

W&K: to be able to see the Queen, how Kate looks like live and to see Prince Harry ;-)

I would like to go Philip and Mathilde (my favorite couple) and Joackim with Marie . And i want to go to the future wedding to Prince Nicolae of Romania. A traditional orthodox wedding must be very nice :)

Prince George, Duke of York and Princess Mary of Teck
Prince Alois of Liechtenstein and Duchess Sophie in Bavaria
Princess Alexandra of Kent and The Honourable Angus Ogilvy

Queen Elizabeth & Phillips wedding in England.
Prince Charles & Diana's wedding in England.

Nicholas ll and Alexandra.
Prince George, Duke of York and Princess Mary of Teck

Last edited:
Modern? No European ones. I don't like weddings, I attend those for people I love and care about. I don't see the point of attending a wedding for someone I don't know, even a royal one. Happy to see the photos and discuss it.

Foreign weddings yes because I'd like to see some of the customs and ceremony. The king and queen of Bhutan come to mind.

Historical weddings I'd be interested in, from the view point of a historian. I would love to see the more extravagant/elaborate weddings that would have been held.

I would have loved to attend a French wedding like Catherine de Medici and Henry II. Or Marie Antoinette and Louis. Occasions that were several days and full of events.

OK. Question. Will Sarah, Duchess of York be invited to Prince Harry's wedding?

And, if she is not, will the Yorks boycott it like HRH Mary the Princess Royal famously opted out of QEII's coronation?

As Sarah wasn't invited to William's wedding and they didn't boycott it I doubt that they would do so this time. I also don't think she will be invited given Philip's very clear antipathy towards her. If William didn't invite her to his and he was one of her page boys I highly doubt if Harry would even consider it. He has a far smaller guest list anyway.

Charles and Diana. There will never be another wedding spectacle like that.

And, if she is not, will the Yorks boycott it like HRH Mary the Princess Royal famously opted out of QEII's coronation?

Mary attended the queen's coronation, and continued to represent her after. Here is a bit about the tiara she wore to the coronation.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Coronation Guests and Their Jewels

And I am sorry but why would the boycott if their mother is not invited? She wasn't invited to William and Kate's, and yet they attended. She doesn't get invited to plenty of family events and they still attend. Beatrice and Eugenie are big girls, who understand since their parents' divorce, their mother wont be invited to a lot.

Harry is closer to the Yorks then his brother. He has vacationed with them like skiing. And they introduced him to girlfriends. But I don't see him extending an invite to Sarah.

Yes me too. Charles and Dians. It was a magical day. Everything seemed perfect. It was the biggest in terms of spectacle of my lifetime.

Historically. Albert Edward Prince of Wales to Prss Alexandra of Denmark.

Last edited:

I think it depends. 1) Philip apparently cannot abide her, how would Philip feel about her attending? 2) Sarah would not be permitted to sit with her daughters at church. How would she feel about that?

I don't think how their grandfather feels about their mother is a secret to Beatrice and Eugenie. I don't think they'd boycott.

Back
Top Bottom