Which Royal Wedding Have You Watched on TV?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've watched Máxima&W-A's wedding, mary&fred's, Letizia&Felipe

The bests:
1-Máxima&Willem-Alexnader: just beautiful
2-Mary&Frederik
3-Letizia&Felipe: soooooooo boring

Charles and Diana (I do remember for me it was like watching a fairy tale wedding at that age: a prince and a princess in flesh and blood, getting married live on TV. I guess I did have the Sissi movies in my mind. I was so excited, I also heard the alarm clock at five o'clock in the morning when I kept complaining every day when I was woke up to go to school!!!!:) )

Elena and Jaime (lovely, moving and Elena looked gorgeous)

Cristina and Iñaki (One of the most joyful, beautiful, moving and romantic weddings I've ever seen!)

Eugenia y Francisco (It's a pity her brother's recent wedding was not broadcasted)

Sophie and Edward (Compared with that of his brothers, quite simple but lovely and romantic)

Mathilde and Philip (Such a sweet, romantic wedding!)

Haakon and Mette-Marit (Like Cristina and Iñaki's, one of the most joyful, beautiful, moving and romantic weddings I've ever seen!)

Martha-Louise and Ari (She did look like a fairy tale princess. I know Mathilde and Letizia wore similar gowns, but she looked truly like one)

Willem-Alexander and Maxima (THE Royal Wedding!!!!:): It was romantic, moving, lovely, joyful and beautiful. Simply beautiful! )

Frederik and Mary (Very moving and romantic!!!!)

Felipe and Letizia (actually, I haven't seen more that 10 minutes each time I tried (don't recall a wedding with so many taped broadcasting on so many International Channels, not just the Spanish and Argentine tv, but CNN and E! as well. If I do not recall wrongly, E! broadcasted it live and repeated it 4 times plus special summaries!. But every time I started to get asleep. I know little Froilan was considered a brat due to his behaviour during it, but if it was so boring for us grown ups, I cannot imagine how the little kids must have felt!!!!!!
It was a pity, because his sisters' weddings were so lovely and beautiful).

Blessing ceremony of Charles and Camilla's civil marriage. One of the most expected and unexpected ones IMO.

I absolutely adore Felipe and Letizia but I have to agree with you guys, that was the MOST boring wedding ever, I live in South America and here the live broadcast started at 3 am, I didn't go to sleep waiting for that and by 6 am I was out of my mind; the only moving part was Letizia's grandmother's lecture (1.13 Corinthians, read it, it's very beautiful and about love and marriage:) ) and when Felipe lent his handkerchief at Letizia (or it was a kleenex, I don't remember that very well)...

In top of everything, we all remembered his sisters' weddings; beautiful, romantic, moving, so Felipe`s wedding was way too stern; also, I think it wouldn't have killed them to REALLY kiss, you know? that cheek thing was not what we all have been waiting for

Hamzah and noor of jordan
Ali and Rim of jordan
Mohamed and lalla Salma
Haya and Mohamed bin Rashed
Felepe and Letizia of spain
The prince of Wals and Camella

Did ZDF show Friso and Mabel 's wedding? Aren't the German channels show the crown princely weddings?

truth said:
Did ZDF show Friso and Mabel 's wedding? Aren't the German channels show the crown princely weddings?
They probably did. It's not only the crown princely weddings they broadcast. I'm pretty sure I watched the wedding of Laurentien and Constantijn on German television (don't ask me why, I think I just thought it funny to watch a Dutch wedding with German commentary... :rolleyes: )

I did watch:
MM and Haakon
Märtha Louise and Ari
Maxima and W-A
Mary and Fredrik
Letizia and Felipe
Camilla and Charles

Favorites:
1.MM&Haakon: Soo beautiful, perfect, nice, great etc etc
2.ML&Ari: It was very beautiful. The only reason i liked this better than M&W-A is that this was on Norwegian.. I hardly can dutch
3.Máxima&W-A: Soo pretty.. all thing was so perfect
4.C&C: Such a beautiful wedding.. *sigh*
5: Mary&Fredrik: I didn't like it so very much.. It was very beautiful but.. a bit boring in the church
6.Letizia&Felipe: one word - booooooooring..!

1. Charles and Diana
2. Andrew and Sarah
The only 2 royal weddings that were shown on TV in Spore

3. Frederik and Mary
4. Felipe and Letizia
Watch them on internet...

Wish i cld have seen all the others....

Felipe and Letizia and Maxima and WA
And just a part of Charles and Camilla

Maxie said:
They probably did. It's not only the crown princely weddings they broadcast. I'm pretty sure I watched the wedding of Laurentien and Constantijn on German television (don't ask me why, I think I just thought it funny to watch a Dutch wedding with German commentary... :rolleyes: )

What German TV did you watch ?

truth said:

I think it was the ZDF, but it also could have been the Sudwestfunk, the ARD or RTL. We have so many German broadcasting stations over here in the Netherlands and it's also several years ago, so I don't quite remember. :eek:

Wow, I feel like such an amature royal watcher when I see how other people have seen so many royal weddings over the year and the only one I've actually seen on TV live was when Prince Charles and Camilla got hitched! :p

The only one I saw was Edward & Sophie's.

So far I have seen the following Weddings
charles and diana
andrew and sarah ferguson
Edward and Sophie
fred and mary
Charles and Camilla
:)

Part of Caroline of Monaco and Junot's wedding on TMC
Charles and Diana
Elena and Jaime de Marichalar

-Máxima&W-A's wedding: THE BEST ROYAL WEDDING!
-Mary&Frederiks wediing: so lovely
-Letizia&Felipe: boring
-Charles&Camilla

truth said:

ard and/or zdf. the norwegian wedding was broadcasted on both stations (what a waste of money). but i think that the charles/camilla wedding was also shown on private tv.

Margrethe II said:
Princess Elizabeth & Prince Philips' wedding
"MII"

Be honest, now. Did you really see that wedding live on tv? :confused:

Let's see I've watched:

Sophie and Edward

Mary and Frederik
(on the NET actually and now I have it on DVD; two versions)

Fergie and Andrew

Chuck and Di
(I was lucky enough to find the BBC live version on VHS a couple of years. Still my favorite royal wedding.)

Maxima and WA
(I found a link to their wedding on the NET and watched it. My second favorite wedding. Here's the link if anyone hasn't seen it yet. http://portal.omroep.nl/?nav=mbfmDsHEbGcZtGtRzB )

Ed. I forgot to credit the source of my link. It is from www.Omroep.nl

Last edited:
GlitteringTiaras said:
Let's see I've watched:

Sophie and Edward

Mary and Frederik
(on the NET actually and now I have it on DVD; two versions)

Fergie and Andrew

Chuck and Di
(I was lucky enough to find the BBC live version on VHS a couple of years. Still my favorite royal wedding.)

Maxima and WA
(I found a link to their wedding on the NET and watched it. My second favorite wedding. Here's the link if anyone hasn't seen it yet. http://portal.omroep.nl/?nav=mbfmDsHEbGcZtGtRzB )

I don't speak Dutch so please tell me what to at the page, thanks in advance

Sure.

When you access the link that I provided click Burgerlijk Huwelijk to start the ceremony. Once that section has ended click on Kerkelijk Huwelijk for the second half of the ceremony. Finally, click Rijoter en balkonscene to watch the coach ride and balcony scene.

Also, each section caters to your internet connection speed such as broadband (breedband), dial-up (smalband), or Windows.

Enjoy!:)

I forgot to mention that I did see Felipe and Letiza's wedding on t.v. and I must say it was a nice ceremony. Boring at times, but nonetheless romantic.

Last edited:
I have seen bit and pieces of Charles and Diana's wedding, but living in America these things aren't shown as often and are ususally on in the wee hours of the morning. Does anyone know where I can find clips or videos of some of the more recent weddings, like Frederik & Mary or Felipe & Letizia? Thanks!

Emily :)

I've watched

Sophie and Edward (on Canadian TV)

Charles and Camilla (on canadian TV)

Mathilde and Philippe (on canadian TV and in VHS found on ebay)

Mette-Marit and Haakon (on VHS my copy is NTSC with subtitle in english)
http://butikken.nrk.no/shop/index.wa2?ParentProductId=1065

Letizia and Felipe (on canadian TV and in DVD (all regions-PAL and not region 2 as indicated) in DVD we can also see some clips of wedding of Sofia & Juan Carlos, Elena & Jaime and Cristina & Inaki (BODA REAL)
http://www.fnac.es/dsp/?servlet=extended.HomeExtendedServlet&Code1=2457316172&Code2=249&prodID=483429

Maxima and Willem-Alexander (on DVD all regions-PAL and not region 2 as indicated)
http://www.dvdoutlet.nl/cgi-bin/web_store/web_store.cgi?&xa=1800&item=03966

Mary and Frederik (on DVD all regions-PAL) in DVD we can see some clips of wedding of Ingrid & Frederik, Anne-Marie & Constantin, Margrethe & Henri, Benedict & Richard, Joachim & Alexandra and Alexandra & Jefferson
http://www.video-netto.dk/?52X31X3531X323539O6036X313

Caroline :)

Last edited:
Thank you Gorty, but I can't read any of those languages LOL!

Since in U.S none of these weddings are televised, I was wondering if any of you might have a link where I might see a video from these weddings? Thank-you!!!:) :) ;) :) :)

Charles and Diana (although I was very young at the time)

Andrew and Sarah

Joachim and Alexandra

Edward and Sophie

Phillipe and Mathilde

Haakon and MM

WA and Maxima

Martha and Ari

Fleur of Wurrtemberg & Count Goess

Laurent and Claire

Frederick and Mary

Felipe and Letitzia

Constantjn and Mabel (those bows...)

My favourite was Joachim and Alexandra's. I remember that it was snowing & evening. Alexandra came back to Fredensborg via glass carriage and accompanied by lit torches and the royal drums. It was really quite something.

Can someone please help me...i used to have a link to one of the Danish site which had video footage of the wedding of Mary and Frederik as well as the short doco about her...but my computer crash and i've lost the link. Does anyone know how to get that link?

Thanks a million!

Here is a link to videos of Mary and Frederick's wedding from TV2.
Click on of the links next to the little television and a videoplayer will open (Realplayer). If you want to watch a different video, click a link under OVERSKRIFTERNE and press play.

Wedding of CP Frederick and CP Mary of Denmark

Here is a link to videos of Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn's wedding. The videos are under LYD OG VIDEO and they are in Windows Media format.

Wedding of Princess Martha Louise of Norway and Ari Behn

The Watcher posted some links to videos of the wedding of CP Willem-Alexander and CP Maxima of the Netherlands here.

agm posted some video links for the wedding of CP Felipe and CP Letizia of Spain here. They are in Windows Media format.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/uk/2005/charles_and_camilla/default.stm#

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom