Which Royal Wedding Have You Watched on TV?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haakon and Mette-Marit

W-A and Maxima

Frederik and Mary

Felipe and Letizia

Charles and Camilla

Joachim and Marie

Victoria and Daniel

Albert and Charlene

William and Catherine

Gulliaume and Stephanie

Last edited:
I viewed Prince William and Catherine Middleton's wedding.

I watched :

- William and Catherine
- Victoria and Daniel
- Albert and Charlene
- Madeleine and Chris

Only William and Kate.

the wedding of Madeleine and Chris, Guillaume and Stephanie, just watched in on youtube :D

The first one I watched fully on TV was the wedding of Edward and Sophie.

Also i fully watched
Frederik and Mary
Felipe and Letizia
Charles and Camilla
Victoria and Daniel
William and Catherine
Albert and Charlene

Not many unfortunately!

William and Kate

Albert and Charlene

all recorded

Joachim and Marie
Victoria and Daniel
William and Catherine
Albert and Charlene
Guillaume and Stephanie
Madeleine and Christopher

Felipe and Letizia
Charles and Camilla
William and Kate
Albert and Charlene

William and Kate, Albert and Charlene, Guillaume and Stephanie

Does anyone know if the Dutch, Danish, or Spanish royal wedding can be bought. I currently have princess Diana, Duchess of York, Prince William and Princess Victoria's of Sweden wedding

The first royal wedding I watched on TV was the wedding of W-A and Maxima. I was 13 years old, and since them I've been following the Dutch Royal family. I also fully watched these weddings:
-Martha Louise and Ari Behn
-Friso and Mabel
-Frederik and Mary
-Felipe and Letizia
-Victoria and Daniel
-William and Catherine
-Stephanie and Guillaume
-Albert and Charlene
-Madeleine and Chris

Bits and pieces from Youtube:
-Haakon and Mette-Marit
-Constantjin and Laurentin
-Charles and Diana
-Joachim and Alexandra
-Joachim and Marie
-Philippe and Mathilde
-Sarah and Andrew

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the Dutch, Danish, or Spanish royal wedding can be bought. I currently have princess Diana, Duchess of York, Prince William and Princess Victoria's of Sweden wedding

From the wedding of dutch W-A and Maxima i don't think a DVD is available (not an official one anyway), there is a dvd made when they were married 10 years and which contains some coverage of the wedding too..

From the spanish wedding (Felipe and Letizia) i think this is the coverage:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0415673/ but i'm not sure if it's available for purchase (maybe try a spanish webshop?)

Last edited:
The only ones available to watch live here in America (at least that I have been aware of, during my lifetime) have been Diana and Charles, Sarah and Andrew and Kate and William. I watched every minute of them all! Many others, I have watched on YouTube, but many of those are not the complete coverage. I would love to see the complete processional of W-A and Max, but every one of them has it consolidated in some way. If you know of one, please let me know! Or any of the complete ones... I would love to watch them!

From the wedding of dutch W-A and Maxima i don't think a DVD is available (not an official one anyway), there is a dvd made when they were married 10 years and which contains some coverage of the wedding too..

From the spanish wedding (Felipe and Letizia) i think this is the coverage:
Boda real (2004) - IMDb but i'm not sure if it's available for purchase (maybe try a spanish webshop?)

The only ones available to watch live here in America (at least that I have been aware of, during my lifetime) have been Diana and Charles, Sarah and Andrew and Kate and William. I watched every minute of them all! Many others, I have watched on YouTube, but many of those are not the complete coverage. I would love to see the complete processional of W-A and Max, but every one of them has it consolidated in some way. If you know of one, please let me know! Or any of the complete ones... I would love to watch them!

There *is* a DVD of Willem-Alexander and Máxima's wedding available, but as far as I know only second hand and in the Netherlands. That means region 2 code.

Which Royal Wedding have you watched on TV?

CNN at the time actually had coverage of Edward and Sophie and Charles and Camilla's weddings at Windsor live. They didn't get the full every network coverage like WK or the early eighties weddings of CD & AS but there was still some live coverage in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I have seen most royal weddings on tv & 2 on dvd's (king Willem Alexander of the Netherlands & Maxima Zorreguieta from Argentina and CP Frederik OF Denmark & Ms Mary Donaldson of Australia, through the years on tv weddings of princess Margaret from England & Tony Armstrong-Jones & few royal photobooks, some with historial b/w royal weddings.

There is a book out of royal weddings through history, it is called " Royal Weddings Through Time " by Janette Mc Cutcheon, very informative about some royal weddings from a few years ago to historical weddings.

All of the televised BRF ones since Princess Margaret and Tony Armstrong Jones, and I remember seeing Grace Kelly’s wedding to Prince Rainier on cinema newsreels, which isn’t the same as TV I know, but Oh well! Also saw the present Duke of Kent’s to Katherine Worsley in York Minster. And Mary Donaldson’s wedding to CP Frederik of course, that was widely shown in Australia.

Last edited:
I've only seen Charles and Diana. Andrew's wedding does not seem to get repeated,,, and I missed his wedding at the time.. and alos Edwards. Will's I tried to watch but it was so boring

Watched the ceremony live on tv (or livestream on my computer) -
Joachim and Alexandra.
Edward and Sophie.
Haakon and Mette Marit.
Märtha Louise and Ari.
Willem Alexander and Maxima.
Frederik and Mary.
Felipe and Letizia.
Charles and Camilla (the blessing service)
Joachim and Marie.
Victoria and Daniel.
William and Catherine.
Gulliaume and Stephanie.
Madeleine and Chris.
Carl Philip and Sophia.
Harry and Meghan.
Eugenie and Jack.

Watched parts of on internet -
Christina and Tord Magnuson.
Carl Gustaf and Silvia.
Charles and Diana.
Andrew and Fergie.
Constantijn and Laurentien.

Got up in the middle of the night as a child and watched Princess Anne/ Mark Phillips. Watched live:

Prince Charles/Lady Diana (depressing imo)

Prince Andrew/Sarah Ferguson (joyous and fun)

Prince William/Kate Middleton (beautiful ceremony)

Prince Albert/Charlene Wittstock (lavish, beautiful, very Continental)

HGD Guillaume/Stephanie de Lannoy(very regal and moving)

Prince Harry/Meghan Markle (Meghan was staggeringly beautiful imo. But I found the ceremony and the music too theatrical for a Royal wedding. Didn't care for it)

Last edited:
I watched Diana Spencer and Prince Charles' wedding, and Sarah and Andrew's. I watched as much of Catherine Middleton and Prince William's, as it was on my birthday (excellent choice, by the way, lol!) but had to go to work, but I did manage to watch until she exited the car and showed her dress. Loved it, by the way. The other continental weddings were generally not shown on American television, so I wasn't able to watch them, but I did get to see them on Royal Forums!

Every major BRT one starting with Princess Margaret's in 1960 with the single exception of Charles and Camilla. Their's wasn't the huge to do though, so US TV barely mentioned it.

Does anyone know if the full wedding ceremony can be watched anywhere?
Thank you - Angie

Le mariage royale du Prince Laurent de Belgique et Claire Coombs le 12 Avril 2003.

The very first one on TV was the Wedding og Prince Albert and Princess Paola.
The second King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola
For both we had no TV at home and were invited !

Promotions of royal weddings on television.

Wedding of Felipe and Letizia on Spanish and Portuguese television:

Albert and Charlene's wedding on Portuguese TV channel TVI:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4tQzYVc7yU

Harry and Meghan's wedding on Portuguese television:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPAnWMH8Kq8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh6rR1-1qFY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Rz3EjytS0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FnOk2gdUig

Promotion of special RTP programs on the wedding of the Dukes of Bragança:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcn_9SMhN4A

Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg will be getting married next month. The court has announced that the bride and groom's families will attend the civil ceremony at 3:30 p.m., which it previously shared will take place at the Town Hall of the City of Luxembourg on April 22, 2023. After the princess and her fiancé tie the knot, they'll join their families and greet the crowd. “The public is cordially invited to welcome the couple, as well as the Grand Ducal Family, at Place Guillaume, in front of the Town Hall,” the court says. Then, the newlyweds will return to the Grand Ducal Palace via the Rue de La Reine for a reception at 6 p.m., where their families, representatives of the national authorities, and other guests will celebrate with them.

I have been thinking about going to Luxembourg to see the festivities. How realistic do you think it is that I would be able to see the wedded couple and their families from the crowd? Has anyone here every done this type of thing before? How early do you arrive? Thanks!

IIRC our poster Stefan was on hand for the wedding of Guillaume and Stephanie in 2012.

Lucky you! Please come back with a complete report!;)

Back
Top Bottom