Where They Live Before the Marriage?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joroyale

Commoner
City
queens
Country
United States
We know where they move after the wedding .but before all that where do they reside before during the engagement and or courtship ? im just wondering ::)

When it comes to the British Royals, as I recall prior to engagement they seem to live wherever they are already living. After the engagement depending on who it is they've lived same place they were already living.

LaRae

Letizia moved to Palácio da Zarzuela as soon as her engagement to Felipe was announced.
I know that Prince Haakon and Mette-Marit moved in together in an apartment when they got engaged.
Does anyone know how it went with Mary, Maxima, Mathilde and Daniel?

Letizia moved to Palácio da Zarzuela as soon as her engagement to Felipe was announced.
I know that Prince Haakon and Mette-Marit moved in together in an apartment when they got engaged.
Does anyone know how it went with Mary, Maxima, Mathilde and Daniel?

I do remember from the old Royal Forum over 14 years ago the threads and chat on Mary leaving Australia and placed by Frederick in an apartment before she was introduced to Queen Margaret.

Wow, I don't even remember where I put down my cellphone today but I remember, over 15 years ago, here in the old version of the Royal Forum the now Princess Mary was the hot topic. Including comments something in the lines Queen M really liked her and send them back to Australia after the wedding to do a tour of the country that was so successful Queen M went to visit right after. I recall the discussions included mention of an exchange of Danish and Australian students between the countries caused by Princess Mary's celebrity in both places.

I even recall messages discussing she was not drinking during the tour, because she was expecting, on a thread posting pictures of the dinner events.

So, to answer the question before going into a time capsule, she had her own apartment in Denmark after the couple got really serious.

Re Letizia, I recall the move was to keep her safe and for Queen Sofia to become her mentor. Before that move Prince Felipe had his own house built within the Zarzuela grounds and the floor plan was even shown in an article in El Pais newspaper. I even downloaded the Jpeg, that I still have somewhere, because I like to see architectural floor plans of famous buildings.

Last edited:
Máxima first moved from New York to Brussels to be closer to Willem-Alexander. After the engagement (and until their marriage) she moved in with her future mother-in-law (at Paleis Huis ten Bosch).

Upon marriage Máxima moved to Noordeinde 66 (also in The Hague - near Paleis Noordeinde), where Willem-Alexander had been living - before they moved to the Eikenhorst a little over a year later.

Last edited:
I do remember from the old Royal Forum over 14 years ago the threads and chat on Mary leaving Australia and placed by Frederick in an apartment before she was introduced to Queen Margaret.

Wow, I don't even remember where I put down my cellphone today but I remember, over 15 years ago, here in the old version of the Royal Forum the now Princess Mary was the hot topic. Including comments something in the lines Queen M really liked her and send them back to Australia after the wedding to do a tour of the country that was so successful Queen M went to visit right after. I recall the discussions included mention of an exchange of Danish and Australian students between the countries caused by Princess Mary's celebrity in both places.

I even recall messages discussing she was not drinking during the tour, because she was expecting, on a thread posting pictures of the dinner events.

So, to answer the question before going into a time capsule, she had her own apartment in Denmark after the couple got really serious.

Re Letizia, I recall the move was to keep her safe and for Queen Sofia to become her mentor. Before that move Prince Felipe had his own house built within the Zarzuela grounds and the floor plan was even shown in an article in El Pais newspaper. I even downloaded the Jpeg, that I still have somewhere, because I like to see architectural floor plans of famous buildings.

Did Mary live in that apartment until the engagement announcement or until the wedding?

Did Mary live in that apartment until the engagement announcement or until the wedding?

That's a detail I can't recall and unfortunately when the new version of the Royal Forums was connected, I don't think it carried over everything that far back. I do remember the threads and conversation here on the apartment in Copenhagen.

Hope our Denmark's friend, Muhler, joins in to recall those details from over a decade and half ago. And if the apartment life set up by Frederick for her was a short stay until she was approved by the Queen to move into a more secured location in the palace.

Back
Top Bottom