What Royals Wear To Royal Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BurberryBrit

Serene Highness
City
onthenet
Country
United States
Why do royals wear tiaras and sashes and ball gowns to some royal wedding but hats and suits to other royal weddings? Is there something that lets the royal guests know when a tiara is appropriate to wear?

Thanks. :flowers:

Usually at the Scandinavian Royal Weddings; in Denmark, Norway and Sweden; the Guests wear galadresses and tiaras.
In Spain, Netherlands, Belgium etc. the guests use to wear suits and hats.

I think the galagowns&Tiaras weddings are a typical nordic thing :rolleyes:

Last edited:
BurberryBrit said:
Why do royals wear tiaras and sashes and ball gowns to some royal wedding but hats and suits to other royal weddings? Is there something that lets the royal guests know when a tiara is appropriate to wear?

Thanks. :flowers:

It depends on the time the Wedding Ceremony is held. The Weddings in Denmark and Norway take place in the afternoon followed by a big ball and there is no time left for changing the clothes. The Weddings in the other countries are mostly in the late morning or around noon so the wear Costumes and hats.

Thanks to you both for the input. I had a feeling it had to do with the time of day.

The exception is Britain. We don't do the big tiara galas at all. Usually it's morning dress but recently at least, there haven't been weddings where all the Royal ladies wear tiaras.

I think they tell you that on the invitation- you know, it says "black tie" or "formal" or "semi-formal" or "morning dress."

i can't want 2 watch princess Beatrice and Eugenie wedding i wonder what the would wear

I recently saw pictures from King Baudouin's and King Albert's wedding. Men were in white tie and women in long dresses but with hats. why was that?

Back
Top Bottom