What Royal Wedding Gown Would You Wear?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IloveCP

Imperial Majesty
City
-
Country
United States
If you had the chance,what royal wedding gown would you wear?Also wedding tiaras,any tiara you want.

I personally would want to wear Infanta Cristinas Gown.With the Russian Kokoshnik tiara.

Anyone want to follow on?:flowers:

Last edited:
Grace Kelly's, no doubt about that!

Amen! Even if she looked so depressed on the day, the dress it's timeless.
Maxima's was my second favorite (I'm a gaga for Valentino)

Not one really. I absolutely loathe seeing sleeves on a wedding dress. Strapless or with staps but no sleeves. But if I had to pick, it would be Grace Kelly's. But then I would also like to borrow her face because otherwise it just looks wrong. :ROFLMAO:

Tiara, preferably none. Only very small and no gold.

Princess Martha Louise of Norway's gown :D
It's quite unusual, but with a fairytale touch I really loved. Plus it was 2 dresses in one, the long coat for the ceremony, and the version underneath for the dinner and the ball !

i would definately pick Mary's gown. so far it was my favourite wedding gown, ceremony, bouquet, i loved everything.
but instead the tiara i would choose is the Cambridge Lover's Knot, i LOVE that tiara, its one of my favourite British tiaras:flowers:

I'd pick MM from Norways or CP Victoria's-both simple and sleek! (maybe what KM's will be?)

Still thinking about the tiara, ver possibley a Dutch one

Since I'm so short, I would wear Princess Margaret's wedding gown and that wonderful Poltimore tiara. I've always loved that wedding gown and tiara.:flowers:

Maxima's or Victoria's, depending on the time of year. As for a tiara, I'm thinking MM's wedding tiara, the Diamond bandeau tiara Maxima wears, or the GD Vladimir tiara belonging to QE II but I'd replace the pearls with sapphires.

Not one really. I absolutely loathe seeing sleeves on a wedding dress. Strapless or with staps but no sleeves. But if I had to pick, it would be Grace Kelly's. But then I would also like to borrow her face because otherwise it just looks wrong. :ROFLMAO:

I'm the opposite, I'm so sick of strapless dresses!
That's practically all you see any more, and everyone looks like she is wearing a uniform.

They are popular, have been for over a decade now, but I would enjoy seeing some diversity in the design of wedding dresses, not the same old, same old.

I am tired of strapless wedding gowns too and frankly, they don't even look that good on most women.

You have to have a certain type of body not to mention great shoulders to look good in a strapless gown, IMO.

I agree with Empress Merel that on any other woman, Grace Kelly's wedding gown would have been an absolute flop. That gown featured Grace's tiny, tiny waist, long arms and neck, small bosom and taller than average height...not to mention the most exquisite face possible.

It was GRACE KELLY who made that particular dress work, imo.

Last edited:
I am with Mirabel and Moonmaiden23, I loathe seeing strapless dresses over and over again.
And, honestly, I can't understand why someone loves that type of dress.

I don't know whose dress I would like to wear, I do have some favourites but the idea of wearing (a lookalike of) them myself is another thing.

If I were getting married in the 80's it would have been Sarah Ferguson's gown.
If I was getting married now( I am not married, never have been, not planning on it happening any time soon), then either CP. Victoria's or Princess Marie's.
Do not know which tiara!
And anyway, we will have to see what Kate wears... that may alter my dress choice list!

Since I tend to be attracted to all things shiny, I am intrigued by Princess Charlotte's cloth-of-silver wedding dress.

I think the problem with so many strapless dresses is that it's too tight at the breast area, making the upper-body look bulky. Which makes the fat above that area and the arms look even bigger. When done properly, it's really beautiful. And well, bigger women shouldn't wear strapless anyway.

If anybody is interested, UK Vogue has all the significant BRF wedding dresses in their issue. With pics and sketches.

Last edited:
I agree that most people should not wear strapless and don't look as good in them as they might look, dressed otherwise. It would be quite a departure from Kate's style to suddenly appear strapless in public (I know she did a campy college fashion show - this is rather different).

She has a somewhat buttoned down style, often very tailored, and I for one have not seen a single picture of her in anything remotely approaching strapless (camisole tank, tank top).

Strapless usually minimizes big breasts and either creates too much cleavage or squishes everything around to the side, in either case, the figure is very much shaped by the dress, rather than the dress following the person's body. And one has to have just the right sort of shoulders and neck to pull it off (both Kate and her mother often wear scarves; I hope she doesn't choose something that makes her feel not herself on her wedding day - we all know brides who have done it - I don't think Kate will, though).

how about tessy anthony's(louis of luxembourg's wife) wedding dress? that dress was strapless...

if i had to pick it would be victoria's. it's classy, and simple...

tiaras? mary of denmark's tiara was romantic and delicated...

Princess Claire of Belgium's dress with Princess Margaret of Connaught's Khedive of Egypt Cartier tiara and Archduchess Marie-Christine' lace veil.

Last edited:
For me, it's a toss up between CP Mathilde's or CP Letizia's Wedding Gowns. Both were of somewhat similar design w/the coat/jacket turning into the train w/an "underdress" also a part of it. I adore the lace on Letizia's though.

The reason being is out of all the Royal Wedding Dresses of the last 30 years, those would be the most flattering on me.

As for a Tiara...I really adore the Tiara that makes up the Ruby Parure of Denmark Suite and we see Mary wearing so often. It's so unique and pretty w/those enameled ivy leaves IMO. I think it would be a lovely Tiara for a Royal Wedding.

That's just me though.

I think princess soraya and tessy are the only royal brides that wore strapless dresses.I dont like strapless dresses.I am a traditional person and I perfer sleeves.

I would most prefer to wear Mette-Marits wedding dress as that is my favourite but the one that would probably suit me the most is CP Victoria's.

I loved Sarah Duchess of York's dress.I also thought Sarah Chatto nee Armstrong's Jones dress was lovely too.

Oh yes... I loved Sarah Chatto's dress, and Lady Helen Taylor's dress too.
So add those to my list.

Probably I would wear CP Victoria's dress or Queen Margrethe, but without that strange train.

how about tessy anthony's(louis of luxembourg's wife) wedding dress? that dress was strapless...

if i had to pick it would be victoria's. it's classy, and simple...

tiaras? mary of denmark's tiara was romantic and delicated...

I think Tessy is one of the rare women who looked wonderful in a strapless wedding gown...it fit her perfectly.

However, I do think it was slightly inappropriate for a Catholic wedding ceremony to a Royal prince....

If I could wear any Royal wedding gown and it was going to be a winter wedding I'd choose CP Maxima's. I love Fabiola of Belgium's winter dress too but her gown was truly a Queen's gown..and the average woman could not wear it for her wedding without looking silly.

I would also wear Infanta Cristina or CP Victoria's bridal gown..simple, elegant and perfect!

Last edited:
Well, I got married in August 2009 and by then I was a royal watcher, so of course I turned my eyes to royal weddings and I honestly considered Margrethe's. It has a medieval kinda feeling that I loved, but I was unsure because it had a long sleeve and it was summer time. Finally I went for a halter that stole my eye and my mum surprised me with a very discreet floral tiara, she knew it would be my only chance to wear one and not look ridiculous.

Oh and then I send it to Hola! and they published it La romántica boda de Avril Ortiz Ávila y Luis Labastida en Ciudad de México

Well, I got married in August 2009 and by then I was a royal watcher, so of course I turned my eyes to royal weddings and I honestly considered Margrethe's. It has a medieval kinda feeling that I loved, but I was unsure because it had a long sleeve and it was summer time. Finally I went for a halter that stole my eye and my mum surprised me with a very discreet floral tiara, she knew it would be my only chance to wear one and not look ridiculous.

Oh and then I send it to Hola! and they published it La romántica boda de Avril Ortiz Ávila y Luis Labastida en Ciudad de México

You made an excellent choice Avril! You looked beautiful that day.:flowers:

Can somebody post a pic if Margarethe's wedding gown? I've never seen it.

For me, it's a toss up between CP Mathilde's or CP Letizia's Wedding Gowns. Both were of somewhat similar design w/the coat/jacket turning into the train w/an "underdress" also a part of it. I adore the lace on Letizia's though.

The reason being is out of all the Royal Wedding Dresses of the last 30 years, those would be the most flattering on me.

As for a Tiara...I really adore the Tiara that makes up the Ruby Parure of Denmark Suite and we see Mary wearing so often. It's so unique and pretty w/those enameled ivy leaves IMO. I think it would be a lovely Tiara for a Royal Wedding.

That's just me though.

oh, you did notice that!!!! both dresses had similar necks, and both had long sleeves... the embroidery in letizia's dress was beautiful, but that dress was too much for her...i didn't like it much.

the rubi prarure is gorgeous, but i can't imagine it with the whole thing-dress, veil, and all that stuff, it would be nice to make a try...

Back
Top Bottom