What Royal Wedding Gown Would You Wear?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it terrifyingly stereotypical to say Grace Kelly's wedding gown? It's so romantic and just absolutely gorgeous.
I am also very taken with Kate's and Marie's gowns, and although the beige colour isn't really me, I love the embroidings on the Queen's gown.

My choice of gowns:

1) Lady Helen Taylor
2) Princess Margaret
3) Princess Claire
4) Princess Maxima
5) Queen Margrethe

I love the bottom part of Catherine's gown (love all the folds) but not the bodice.

I'll choose as wedding dresses : CP Victoria of Sweden or Grace Kelly

I would choose from three:
The Duchess of Cambridge
CP Victoria
Princess Marie of Denmark

I like the lace from Kate and Marie's dresses and, at the same time, love the simplicity of Victoria's. I would definitely choose Kate's veil, though!

Lady Sarah Chatto's dress. It was so romantic, simple and beautiful!

Kate's and Princess Marie of Denmark's off the top of my head. I also liked Charlene's.

Despite the similarities between Kate's and Pss Grace's, I would not wear hers. Aspects of hers do fit the 50s time period, which I wouldn't wear.

Last edited:
If I had to wear a white wedding gown, I would chose the gown princess Anne wore at her wedding with Mark Philips, I love the medieval feeling of it: http://vanessakellyauthor.com/wp-content/uploads/princess-anne.png
With the Connaught tiara of the Swedish Royal Family.
I would prefer a non-white wedding gown, I hope that there will be a princess who dares to go back to the coloured wedding dresses of pre-victorian times, perhaps in a equisite gold brocade. For now, one favourite gown is the pale blue gown princess Lilian wore at her (second) wedding: Prins Bertil och Fru Lilian Craig - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

As the first reply, Grace Kelly no questions to ask.

Princess grace
Princess claire
Lady Sarah Armstrong jones (with queen Paola's lace veil would be stunning)

I too like a gown which is not pure white, and my favorite is Princess Alice' pale pink gown. I have not studied all the gowns as many here have, so just going on what I've seen. Speaking of gowns based on historical style, Sophie Wessex had a tudor feel to her gown but not a heaviness which some tudor gowns have, lovely. I love the fur trimmed gown of Maria Teresa for a winter wedding and that recent fur-trimmed gown of Adelaide of Habsburg.

And for a light, spring, joyous gown, Princess Tessy's. i usually don't go for strapless but hers I love, on her. Maybe not on me...I was an Alice Pink or Winter Princess girl.

The small floral tiara of Luxembourg would be mine, or whatever it was Princess Alice wore.

Alice
Maria Teresa or Adelaide
Tessy
Sophie

Last edited:
Princess Claire of Belgium
Duchess of Cambridge
Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg
Princess Alice of Wales

Princess Diana
Sarah Ferguson

HGD Stephanie of Luxembourg, Claire of Belgium, Charlene of Monaco and Maxima of the Netherlands all wore gowns that I would have worn myself! :)

Even though Grace Kelly's is my all time favorite bridal gown I did not choose it for myself because I couldn't pull off something like that...I don't have Grace's very long neck and tiny build, so it wouldn't look nice on me unfortunately.

Last edited:
I'd definitely wear Stephanie's wedding dress. Elie Saab did an amazing job!

Stephanie, Kate's and Sarah Ferguson's.

LaRae

I had two weddings but neither was a big affair because I was busy earning a living and moving around. If I wanted a formal gown, it would still be Alice of Gloucester's pink floater or Tessy's white floater. I like the idea of lightness in a wedding gown.
I thought Stephanie's was too heavy looking for MY taste. It seemed she was almost dragging the train with difficulty. Alice, on the other hand, is shown walking around with ease in what pictures there are of her wedding day and her gown. Her dress was light enough to pick up in front and walk down stairs. Weddings are serious matters but the gown can be light.

I agree Stephanie's train was too long, but maybe the dress was styled that way on purpose because someday she will be the next Grand Duchess of Luxembourg. I thought Princess Diana's train was too long, too. She must have hated being squashed in that carriage with all that extra gown along with being so tall and having her tall father next to her.

If I had a choice, then I would wear either:

- HM's dress with the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
- Mette-Marit's dress with her tiara
- Maxima's dress with the Baden Fringe Tiara
- The Duchess of Cambridge's dress with Queen Victoria's Sapphire Coronet

Last edited:
Mette-Marit Norway
Victoria Sweden
Marie Denmark
Catherine UK

Stephanie of Luxembourg, she's the one who got married recently right? In the lace dress and train.

I would wear Queen Elizabeth II's only without the train. It would probably fit me too, because she's only a couple of inches taller than me.

Also I would wear it with all of her accessories (earrings, necklace, petticoats, sandals).

Hmm . . .

The dress and tiara/headpiece I'd wear without a second thought, or question:

Maxima's.

Runners up:

Kate.

Charlene.

Would wear, but with one change:

Tie:

Mary. I'd wear Marie's tiara, instead. Or, even the ruby parure tiara.

Victoria. I'd wear the Baden Fringe tiara, instead.

I agree Stephanie's train was too long, but maybe the dress was styled that way on purpose because someday she will be the next Grand Duchess of Luxembourg. I thought Princess Diana's train was too long, too. She must have hated being squashed in that carriage with all that extra gown along with being so tall and having her tall father next to her.

Stephanie's train was in perfect proportion to the scope of the magnificent Cathedral where her wedding took place,imo. The views from the choir loft as she preceded down the aisle were breathtaking, straight out of a movie.

Sarah chatto's weddingdress! Or princess Mathilde, I am tall and this is a good dress for tall women

Before October of last year I would have said Maxima's dress!

However, now that I have seen the stunning beauty of Stephanie's gown and it has officially topped Max's as my number one -I'd say Stephanie's gown for sure!

Back
Top Bottom