What Royal Wedding Gown Would You Wear?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Loved Catherines' gown I would wear that on my wedding day

CP Victoria's dress for a Swedish summer wedding, DofC dress for an English winter wedding and P Letizia's for a wedding any time of the year if marrying Felipe.

I'd wear Pippa's dress anywhere and anywhere. To a wedding as a guest, to a wedding as a bridesmaid, to a wedding as a bride (if I was on a budget)
Princess Mary
Princess Catherine(yeah I called her a princess), Duchess of Cambridge
Marie Chantal (if I could change the skirt a little)

it's hard to be objective, but I can honestly say that Catherine's dress is my favorite. After that I would go with Princess Grace and Maxima's.

I'd definitely copy the styles of Kate, CP Maxima, Mette-Marit & Grace Kelly if I was marrying a royal. I love the elegance & simplicity of their gowns. Though, I'd have to shorten the sleeves to the same length as Ivanka Trump's.

Since I'm 110% positive I won't be marrying a royal, I would have a dress like Pippa's for my own wedding. The style, cut and color.

Crown Princess Mette-Marit's dress is my favourite! Nothing compares to that, and if I were younger and a tad slimmer ....... etc;)
Then comes CP Victoria, Queen Margrethe (regal in the medieval way!) and the Duchess of Cambridge. Lady Serena Stanhope's dress back in the 1990s was nice too!

viv

I would have to go with Grace Kelly's dress, to me it was perfection, and still stands the test of time!

I like the duchess of Cambridge's and crown princess mary's

Duchess of Cambridge´s dress is my favourite. I like wedding dress of Princess Marie also.

Duchess of Cambridge´s dress is my favourite. I like wedding dress of Princess Marie also.

I have to agree with those two dresses! I got engaged last month and would love something with lace like theirs!

Congratulations, crm2317!

I would love my future wedding gown to have lace. Maybe a little like Tatiana's.

I am all for lace in wedding dresses. My favorite dress is P Marie's.

My Favorite Wedding Dress Is Duchess Of Cambridge Dress :flowers:

I could never wear Mette-Marit's dress, I do not have that kind of body.
If you could get rid of the bows and the shoulder pads, would anybody wear Sarah Ferguson's dress?

Yes I would wear Sarah's dress without all the bows and shoulderpads! It's a very stunning and unique dress.

For a cool weather wedding; Duchess of Cambridge. For a Swedish summer wedding, Crown Princess Victoria.

I would wear Sarah's wedding gown with the bow in back with a short train.

Last edited:
Princess Grace or Duchess of Cambridge would be my choice.

Princess Maxima, Princess Mette Marit or Princess Grace's wedding dress with the Spencer tiara Princess Diana wore

:previous: Thanks for that photo of Marie of Romania's dress.It is gorgeous!

Thank you for the above photos, Artemisia. Indeed, I would also choose in the first place CP Mette-Marit´s gown.

DofC dress for an English winter wedding

Catherine and William married in Spring, temperatures on the day and the week prior were between 15-18'C.

I wouldn't wear any royal wedding gown simply because the confines of being a royal bride and your dress are way too tight.

My favourites however are Margrethe and Lady Davina Windsor.

I would like Camilla's wedding suit or her "Blessing" gown. Her wedding suit would be perfect for a Chapel wedding.

I am a history buff. If I was royal, I would have gone for far more historical influence. Kate was rumored to have been designing her own, because of her love for art history, Instead it was a poor copy of Grace's. I love the historical gowns, not just wedding gowns.Some would be amazing inspiration, with some tweaking, like making them white when they aren't (I'm a traditionalist when it comes to wedding dress color).

Mary of Teck's (with a tiara and not her odd headdress)
Rose Carousel, ornamentedbeing: Princess Mary of Teck married...

Prince Philip's mother Princess Alice of Battenberg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Princess_Alice_of_Battenberg.jpg

Queen Ingrid of Denmark
Kronprinzessin Ingrid von Dänemark, future Queen of Denmark | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

To name a few.

Mette-Marit's, Sarah Chatto's and Kate Middleton's !

Back
Top Bottom