What Royal Wedding Gown Would You Wear?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does Alexandra Miller von Furstenburg's wedding count as a royal wedding? I loved her whole look, even her pre-wedding ball gown!

Last edited:
You can tell how long I have been married by my choice!! HM's dress was just beautiful, complemented her and made her radiant. I love to look at it!

I would choose the dress of either CP Mary or CPss Victoria.

CP Mette-Marit's gown would definitely be my choice. :)

Does Alexandra Miller von Furstenburg's wedding count as a royal wedding? I loved her whole look, even her pre-wedding ball gown!

Alexandra von Furstenburg's wedding gown made me gasp out loud when I saw a full photo of it in Vanity Fair...I don't think I have ever seen such an exquisite bridal gown!

If she had been a Royal bride instead of an aristo/princely one, I would put her gown at NUMBER ONE on my list, no contest....it was sumptuous!

Well, I got married in August 2009 and by then I was a royal watcher, so of course I turned my eyes to royal weddings and I honestly considered Margrethe's. It has a medieval kinda feeling that I loved, but I was unsure because it had a long sleeve and it was summer time. Finally I went for a halter that stole my eye and my mum surprised me with a very discreet floral tiara, she knew it would be my only chance to wear one and not look ridiculous.

Oh and then I send it to Hola! and they published it La romántica boda de Avril Ortiz Ávila y Luis Labastida en Ciudad de México

I quite agree - a lovely choice of dress, and the tiara is wonderful. Perhaps you'll find a few more occasions to wear it (or perhaps your daughter will). The halter is, to me, more elegant for a wedding than a strapless gown (which is great for the ballroom).

For me it would be a toss-up between Princess Diana's or Sarah, Duchess of York's wedding dress.

The other one that I absolutely loved was Baroness Francesca Thyssen-Bornemisza's dress and coat when she married ArchDuke Karl von Habsburg.

Last edited:
Diana's Fairytale Dress

For me it would be a toss-up between Princess Diana's or Sarah, Duchess of York's wedding dress.
Yes, Diana's dress was every little girl's vision of a fairytale princess.
But it did not make my list because of the train. To me, her train looked like a bed-sheet. Of the 2 I much preferred Sarah's dress.
Did you like Diana's long train?

Hi everyone!

I'm a bit new to this forum, so I apologise sincerely if I got the wrong idea (lol) but I think if I were to wear a royal wedding gown for the royal wedding I would go for something like this:

coronation-street-kylie-wedding | | Unreality TV

The reason is that I think it suits a young woman, such as Kate, and also that it has featured on a television show recently, so people are likely to look at it and say, 'oh that is the dress from such and such a show. I remember that.'

I know that it's unlikely that you would see someone in the royal family in this dress (lol, can you imagine!!!!!!) but it's just my opinion, and opinions are what this sort of forum is about!!!!

Hope everybody has a wonderful day watching the Royal Wedding. I'm so excited! I can't sleep, so I've decided to play Theme Park World until it all starts.

Thanks for reading my first ever post!

It looks like a cheap, outfit, worn by a cocktail waitress. It is not for a wedding or hardly for anything else, except a bar.

I read somewhere that Kate really liked the style of Grace Kelly's wedding dress. I don't think she will wear something like Diana- (too poofy) but I do believe she will wear a combination of a dress like grace with some fullness, but with a more modern spin on it. Perhaps not the high collar but maybe some cap sleeves.

I can't wait to see what she wears. Its down to the hours now.

Alexandra von Furstenburg's wedding gown made me gasp out loud when I saw a full photo of it in Vanity Fair...I don't think I have ever seen such an exquisite bridal gown!

If she had been a Royal bride instead of an aristo/princely one, I would put her gown at NUMBER ONE on my list, no contest....it was sumptuous!

Yes sumptuous best describes that Karl Lagerfeld gown, perfect for a Spring/Summer wedding. I even liked the plain veil and tiara. For a Winter wedding I love Archduchess Catarina of Austria's Giorgio Armani wrap coat dress but I guess she's not Royal either. I'm torn about which Royal dress because there are things about all of them that I dislike. I have no doubt however about the tiara/veil....Maxima's beautiful lace veil and Queen Elizabeth's Girls of Great Britain/Ireland without the base, how she wore it when she first became Queen.

HI TO THE NEWBIES! :hug:

Hi Countess!

That's a great point, but I obviously have to say that I don't agree. I also think that it's easy to sit behind a keyboard and say that a dress looks 'cheap' when I bet if Kylie was standing in front of you, you would say something like "Oh Kylie, that dress really suits you, it's a beautiful colour, and can I also say that I was really moved by your acting when you sold Max to Becky for £5,000 in the show a few weeks back".

I'm happy to agree to disagree on this one, but nevertheless I hope you have a wonderful day watching the royal wedding (I'm not watching it yet, I'm watching The Only Way is Essex on ITV2) as if we are divided by our fashion choices, we are united in our well-wishing for Kate and William.

Kate Will Wear...

Greetings Fellow Monarchy Lovers,

I have been speculating for literally minutes about what Kate, a.k.a Catherine, will be wearing at the wedding - and now I only have minutes to wait to find out!!!11

I'll speculate anyway, because it's just so much fun. I personally know what Kate is like because I've read about her in the Daily Mirror and I think I saw her once on the One Show, though that might have been Robson out of Robson & Jerome.

Kate has a bubbly character, and as such, I think she will go for a light hearted, yet tasteful dress that all in the land - peasants, paupers and princes! - can appreciate. Hence, I believe she will wear the following outfit, completed by a Russian tiara:

http://strzyzenglishclass.pbworks.com/f/Miss Havisham.jpg

The more observant amongst you may notice that this is a representation of Miss Havisham from Dickens' Great Expectations. However, I believe Kate will meet Wills' great expectations in many ways on the wedding day (and night), and I think this dress beautifully reflects English culture and heritage in a way that everyone can relate to. Imagine Kate strutting down the aisle wearing that beauty. I would.

Thanks for reading!

Babs x :flowers:

Absolutely CP Maxima's wedding dress. Presently came the most successful wedding. Rather, this wedding would be. Very noble, magnificent and worthy of a royal wedding dress model.

Tiara choice is easy for me. CP Victoria's Cameo Tiara. I know most people don't like it but I have been collection cameos for years so for me it would be a dream come true.
The dress is harder because there are several I love, including CP Victoria's and the Duchess of Cambridge's. But I am thinking that a tiara like that calls for a simple dress so I would probably pick Princess Margaret's. Plus it doesn't have a detachable train (I think the talent for making a fab detachable train died with Charles Worth, more's the pity)

though i love catherine's wedding dress(this one reminds me grace kelly's wedding gown), i still prefer victoria's, with mary of denmark's tiara.

I would go with Countess Sophie's wedding dress. There's something with that dress that makes me want to wear it and if my wedding had been a bit different I might have opted for something like that.

No doubt whats so ever, Catherines`s wedding dress and tiara. It was just perfect:)

Did you like Diana's long train?

Yes, roseroyal, very much so. IMHO, the longer the train, the better! Of course, such a long train would be OTT in a tiny country church or a register office but not for a massive great big building like St Paul's Cathedral.

I would choose CP Letizia's b/c it "meant" something. The embellishments were perfect AND symbolic, not just "placed" upon the dress. I did however wish that the collar had have been a stand-up or a lay-flat as opposed to the in-between style it turned out. Nevertheless, I REALLY liked the fact that the collar was stitched on BOTH sides (inside & out) to look good, which is something that you don't see too often. I also thought her train was perfect, and unlike other ppl I thought that her gown fit her very well, I believe that any ill-fitting was due to weight loss and not due to dress construction issues.

On another note, I though Princess Anne's 1st wedding dress was gorgeous. I appreciated the sleeves, even though I probably wouldn't have had mine that poufy, but I LOVE rich, draping fabrics like what hers was made of and perfectly detailing.

Infanta Cristina of Spain's dress was cut, fit ad formed beautifully and that is what I like in a bride. The most lovely brides are those whose gowns befit their personalities and figure as well.

I have to say that both CP Maxima and Queen Fabiola had truly regal gowns that had that Grand aura about them ;)

No doubt for me Catherines`s wedding dress was absolutly the most gorgeous. Just after Grace Kelly's and Princess Maxima. For Princess Victoria, the skirt of the dress (I hope you understand what I mean) was not well cut and without interest. The upper part of the dress was for me a dress for a lovely wedding in the country not at all for a royal wedding. If the tiara needs a simple dress, I agree, it was not this kind of simple dress.

The embellishments on Kate's dress were also symbolic and not just placed upon the dress. The language of flowers (humility, humbleness, strenght, etc...) and most of all the symbol of the 4 parts of the UK (england, wales, norther ireland and scotland).

Definitely Maxima's stunning Valentino dress. It was unique and so beautiful.

It looks like a cheap, outfit, worn by a cocktail waitress. It is not for a wedding or hardly for anything else, except a bar.

Oh wow...I have to agree. I wouldn't wear that thing to a wedding or even a bar...it's just ugly, imo. :sad:

I think that Catherine´s wedding dress was wonderful.

I read somewhere that Kate really liked the style of Grace Kelly's wedding dress. I don't think she will wear something like Diana- (too poofy) but I do believe she will wear a combination of a dress like grace with some fullness, but with a more modern spin on it. Perhaps not the high collar but maybe some cap sleeves.

I can't wait to see what she wears. Its down to the hours now.

Wow you guessed well!

I would choose Pippa's bridesmaid dress as my weddingdress.

Back
Top Bottom