The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-24-2011, 08:16 AM
Nobility

I would most prefer to wear Mette-Marits wedding dress as that is my favourite but the one that would probably suit me the most is CP Victoria's.

Old 04-24-2011, 08:42 AM

I loved Sarah Duchess of York's dress.I also thought Sarah Chatto nee Armstrong's Jones dress was lovely too.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh yes... I loved Sarah Chatto's dress, and Lady Helen Taylor's dress too.
So add those to my list.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Grace Kelly!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Nobility

Probably I would wear CP Victoria's dress or Queen Margrethe, but without that strange train.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by missMaryanne View Post
how about tessy anthony's(louis of luxembourg's wife) wedding dress? that dress was strapless...

if i had to pick it would be victoria's. it's classy, and simple...

tiaras? mary of denmark's tiara was romantic and delicated...
I think Tessy is one of the rare women who looked wonderful in a strapless wedding gown...it fit her perfectly.

However, I do think it was slightly inappropriate for a Catholic wedding ceremony to a Royal prince....

If I could wear any Royal wedding gown and it was going to be a winter wedding I'd choose CP Maxima's. I love Fabiola of Belgium's winter dress too but her gown was truly a Queen's gown..and the average woman could not wear it for her wedding without looking silly.

I would also wear Infanta Cristina or CP Victoria's bridal gown..simple, elegant and perfect!
Old 04-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Courtier

Well, I got married in August 2009 and by then I was a royal watcher, so of course I turned my eyes to royal weddings and I honestly considered Margrethe's. It has a medieval kinda feeling that I loved, but I was unsure because it had a long sleeve and it was summer time. Finally I went for a halter that stole my eye and my mum surprised me with a very discreet floral tiara, she knew it would be my only chance to wear one and not look ridiculous.

Oh and then I send it to Hola! and they published it La romántica boda de Avril Ortiz Ávila y Luis Labastida en Ciudad de México
Old 04-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post
Well, I got married in August 2009 and by then I was a royal watcher, so of course I turned my eyes to royal weddings and I honestly considered Margrethe's. It has a medieval kinda feeling that I loved, but I was unsure because it had a long sleeve and it was summer time. Finally I went for a halter that stole my eye and my mum surprised me with a very discreet floral tiara, she knew it would be my only chance to wear one and not look ridiculous.

Oh and then I send it to Hola! and they published it La romántica boda de Avril Ortiz Ávila y Luis Labastida en Ciudad de México

You made an excellent choice Avril! You looked beautiful that day.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can somebody post a pic if Margarethe's wedding gown? I've never seen it.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
For me, it's a toss up between CP Mathilde's or CP Letizia's Wedding Gowns. Both were of somewhat similar design w/the coat/jacket turning into the train w/an "underdress" also a part of it. I adore the lace on Letizia's though.

The reason being is out of all the Royal Wedding Dresses of the last 30 years, those would be the most flattering on me.

As for a Tiara...I really adore the Tiara that makes up the Ruby Parure of Denmark Suite and we see Mary wearing so often. It's so unique and pretty w/those enameled ivy leaves IMO. I think it would be a lovely Tiara for a Royal Wedding.

That's just me though.
oh, you did notice that!!!! both dresses had similar necks, and both had long sleeves... the embroidery in letizia's dress was beautiful, but that dress was too much for her...i didn't like it much.

the rubi prarure is gorgeous, but i can't imagine it with the whole thing-dress, veil, and all that stuff, it would be nice to make a try...
Old 04-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Royal Highness

Does Alexandra Miller von Furstenburg's wedding count as a royal wedding? I loved her whole look, even her pre-wedding ball gown!
Old 04-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Marie of Denmark, if I had to choose one.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Commoner

You can tell how long I have been married by my choice!! HM's dress was just beautiful, complemented her and made her radiant. I love to look at it!
Old 04-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Serene Highness

I would choose the dress of either CP Mary or CPss Victoria.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:31 PM
Nobility

CP Mette-Marit's gown would definitely be my choice.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Does Alexandra Miller von Furstenburg's wedding count as a royal wedding? I loved her whole look, even her pre-wedding ball gown!

Alexandra von Furstenburg's wedding gown made me gasp out loud when I saw a full photo of it in Vanity Fair...I don't think I have ever seen such an exquisite bridal gown!

If she had been a Royal bride instead of an aristo/princely one, I would put her gown at NUMBER ONE on my list, no contest....it was sumptuous!
Old 04-26-2011, 12:35 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo View Post

I quite agree - a lovely choice of dress, and the tiara is wonderful. Perhaps you'll find a few more occasions to wear it (or perhaps your daughter will). The halter is, to me, more elegant for a wedding than a strapless gown (which is great for the ballroom).
Old 04-26-2011, 05:44 AM
Nobility

For me it would be a toss-up between Princess Diana's or Sarah, Duchess of York's wedding dress.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Royal Highness

The other one that I absolutely loved was Baroness Francesca Thyssen-Bornemisza's dress and coat when she married ArchDuke Karl von Habsburg.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Diana's Fairytale Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Helvin View Post
For me it would be a toss-up between Princess Diana's or Sarah, Duchess of York's wedding dress.
Yes, Diana's dress was every little girl's vision of a fairytale princess.
But it did not make my list because of the train. To me, her train looked like a bed-sheet. Of the 2 I much preferred Sarah's dress.
Did you like Diana's long train?