Your Favorite Royal Wedding Memory

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NotAPretender

Courtier
City
WPB FL/Muttontown NY
Country
United States
By this, I mean the one image from a Royal wedding that summarizes all of it to you.

Mine? Joachim & Alexandra of Denmark, their wedding dance with family and friends "closing the circle" around them. The sheer giddy happiness of that moment, the support of family and friends in the traditional circle, the melding of the North and the Pacific, the perfect blending of the personal and the public...utterly enchanting.

It might be in bad taste to bring this up on the eve of his marriage to his second wife, but I have to say that is the one wedding image that remains with me.

Last edited:
Isn't it Joachim and Alexandra? I think My moment is When Princess Diana started her walk up St.Paul's stairs and the state trumpets came up, something about that moment still gives me goosebumps:wub:
By this, I mean the one image from a Royal wedding that summarizes all of it to you.

Mine? Frederick & Alexandra of Denmark, their wedding dance with family and friends "closing the circle" around them. The sheer giddy happiness of that moment, the support of family and friends in the traditional circle, the melding of the North and the Pacific, the perfect blending of the personal and the public...utterly enchanting.

It might be in bad taste to bring this up on the eve of his marriage to his second wife, but I have to say that is the one wedding image that remains with me.

You are right!

"Isn't it Joachim and Alexandra?"

I'm going to edit my post, because you are correct...thanks!

Mine? Joachim & Alexandra of Denmark, their wedding dance with family and friends "closing the circle" around them. The sheer giddy happiness of that moment, the support of family and friends in the traditional circle, the melding of the North and the Pacific, the perfect blending of the personal and the public...utterly enchanting.

I remember that particular shot, it was beautiul and imo iconic. I honestly cannot think of any other Royal wedding where one photograph has so perfectly caputred the moment.

For myself, I love the looks exchanged by W-A and Maxima throughout their wedding ceremony.

For me its the moment when Mary Donaldson walks into the church and Frederik begins to cry.

Andrew and Fergie's balcony kiss was delightful..it seemed so heartfelt and not at all awkward as opposed to Diana and Charles. You could just see that they were nuts about one another.

Baudouin and Fabiola of Belgium are my favorite couple. There are so many beautiful and moving photos of that spectacular wedding. But my favorite is the two of them standing on the balcony of the Palace of Brussels after the wedding, gazing into one another's eyes while the crowd cheered and hailed them from below. They both looked so full of quiet joy.

There is also a beautiful photo of the two of them in a glass topped cadillac heading toward the the Cathedral for the celebration of High Mass after their civil ceremony. You can only see the back of Baudouin's head but Fabiola is holding his hand high, within both of hers, smiling tenderly at him. Her face is surrounding by her billowing tulle veil topped by the magnificent diamond Tiara of the Nine Provinces.

It's such a gorgeous shot, I wish I could post it but it is in their wedding thread.

Last edited:
Joy, when the Queen of England was seen running after Prince William when he ran after Andrew and Sarah's carriage, leaving from BP.

Or a very tender emotional moment when Mathilde started to cry while remembering her sister and grandmother, and Philippe passed her his handkerchief. He seemed very in tune with her (and still does, I think).

i wonder why cp frederick cried during the wedding? happiness or dread because he will be tied forever??heheheh

I really liked the exchanges between W-A and Maxima during their wedding. Her crying, them holding hands, their looks to each other, etc. Really touches me. (I know, it's sappy)

At W-A and Maxima's wedding, when "Adios Nonino" was played and the bride started to cry. So emotional!:flowers:

There is also amoment when singer Sissel sang when Martha Louise of Norway and Ari Behn got married. Bride and groom were tenderly holding hands, silently smiling and looking adoringly to each other. That was just Perfect.

And the brief spoken exchange between Felipe and Letizia just at the beginning of their wedding. "You are so beautiful, I love you..":flowers:

Are there any pictures of those moments?
The looks that Willem-Alexander and Maximá shared are wonderful.

To mention an older wedding, I love the moment in Margrethe and Henrik's when she gets to the front of the church and he immediately reaches out for her and kisses her. She looks kind of surprised on the video - I don't think he was supposed to do it, which is what makes it so sweet.

Thanks California Dream for our beloved King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola.
I will never forget my grandmother crying when she saw the future Queen wearing for the first time Queen Astrid's tiara and this 25 years after the Queen's tragic death (1935) .

At W-A and Maxima's wedding, when "Adios Nonino" was played and the bride started to cry. So emotional!:flowers:

I so agree! I watched it a few weeks again and was choked up again... :verysad: Second favorite snapshot would be CP Frederiks tears...

Or Prince Joachim's tears while he was waiting for Marie to arrive. And the fact that his sons were standing next to him.

:previous:

Yes, it's great that the danish Princes seem to be so emotional...

...and then cheat their lovely wives maybe? :whistling: Well, at least this is what Joachim did to Alexandra...

Well, at least I hope this will not happen between Mary & Frederik. ;)

Princess Grace& Prince Rainier

My favorite image is that of Princess Grace and Rainier exiting the chruch when they are finally married and the sun is shining down on them as they so gloriously and perfectly enter the first moments of matrimony.

Crown Prince Frederick with tears in his eyes.

Princess Diana, St.Paul Cathedral, Prince Charles's tears, Diana's great, innocent smile...

Did the Prince of Wales have TEARS at his wedding to Lady Diana?? I have watched that ceremony too many times to count and I certainly saw no tears during or after the ceremony.

He did give a lovely smile when she first appeared.

My favourite mental images of royal weddings are:

*Diana's long train rippling down the red-carpeted steps of St Paul's Cathedral like an ivory waterfall

*the elaborate dress that Sarah, Duchess of York wore for her wedding, and the wide-eyed look she gave her guests as she and Andrew walked out of Westminster Abbey

*Sophie's concentration as she made her vows, despite the roar of a plane passing.

:previous: Victoria's arrival at the church. But above all, the sheer joy and happiness she and Dainiel shared with the world. It was the way they shared the intimate love of the service with the world while seeming to be aware of only each other especially when the faced each other with the rings. :flowers:

The last part of Daniel's speech to Victoria at the banquet.

Too many!!!

LOL...there are so many moments from so many weddings it's hard to pick them. I agree with all the choices listed previously, but here are the moments that stuck with me...

Victoria & Daniel - She brushing away his tears after their vows, on the balcony after a funny moment there was the greatest photo of Daniel relaxed and laughing and Victoria completely at ease leaned back and cracking up (this might be my favorite of all), and the beautiful photo on the balcony shot from behind the royal couple with their arms around each other and heads leaned together.

Willem-Alexander & Maxima - loved the crying during Adios Nonino and their balcony time with Prince Claus, but my favorite was during their vows when they said "Ja" and the crowd outside cheered so loudly they could be heard in the church. Both WA & Maxima's reactions were priceless.

Constantjin & Laurentien - the couple was so happy and composed throughout the service and then...during the vows, tears began to form in her eyes...such a shift in emotion as the moment had finally come, very memorable.

Felipe & Letizia - I would say some of the atrociously attired guests but since this is about the couple, the image of Letizia speaking her vows and looking directly into Felipe's eyes had so many emotions - nervousness, resoluteness (is that a word), responsibility, happiness tempered with some fear. It was very clear that this was a HUGE moment.

Fred & Mary - don't have one particular moment...but I was kind of "put-off" by this one. I never saw a bride who smiled so seldom.

Elena & Jaime - similar to F&M, the exact moment that sticks with me was when Elena reached Jaime's side before the altar and he lifted her veil and was fixing it in the back. At one moment, Elena looks and seems irritated, almost commanding him to "FIX IT" and pointing to her veil in a very agitated way...it was almost like she would have slapped him. Certainly not the exchange I would have expected between a couple marrying one another. Oh well, maybe it was a look into the future.

Haakon & Mette-Marit - other than being struck by how simply elegant and stunningly beautiful the bride was, the images that stick the most from this wedding were Haakon's expressions. This was the one wedding where the groom "glowed". He seemed so happy, fulfilled, and utterly in love with his bride (and still does).

Laurent & Claire - beautiful dress, but the most enduring image was Laurent's tears on the balcony. I can only speculate, but there seemed to be so many overwhelming thoughts for him at that moment...cheers and support from the crowds, elation (and possibly relief) to have found a lovely bride who seemed/seems to love and accept him, and a sense of love, peace, and contentment.

There are many others as well but these are the ones I most remember from recent history.

Rascal

...and then cheat their lovely wives maybe? :whistling: Well, at least this is what Joachim did to Alexandra...
It´s not a fact that it was him who cheated. It could just as easily have been her.
As a matter of fact most danes believes that it was her who cheated on him.

My favorites are:princess Di to Prince Charles - the whole thing, magical fariy tale, Cinderella. If only I knew...
Prince Andrew and Fergie- ditto

Back
Top Bottom