The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Royal Weddings General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Nobility

Crown Prince Frederick with tears in his eyes.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:49 AM
Royal Highness

Princess Diana, St.Paul Cathedral, Prince Charles's tears, Diana's great, innocent smile...

Old 11-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Did the Prince of Wales have TEARS at his wedding to Lady Diana?? I have watched that ceremony too many times to count and I certainly saw no tears during or after the ceremony.

He did give a lovely smile when she first appeared.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:20 AM
Nobility

My favourite mental images of royal weddings are:

*Diana's long train rippling down the red-carpeted steps of St Paul's Cathedral like an ivory waterfall

*the elaborate dress that Sarah, Duchess of York wore for her wedding, and the wide-eyed look she gave her guests as she and Andrew walked out of Westminster Abbey

*Sophie's concentration as she made her vows, despite the roar of a plane passing.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I remember the Prince's tears, but I don't remember exactly when they occurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Did the Prince of Wales have TEARS at his wedding to Lady Diana??
Old 12-03-2010, 04:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Victoria's arrival at the church. But above all, the sheer joy and happiness she and Dainiel shared with the world. It was the way they shared the intimate love of the service with the world while seeming to be aware of only each other especially when the faced each other with the rings.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:46 AM
Serene Highness

The last part of Daniel's speech to Victoria at the banquet.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Nobility

Too many!!!

LOL...there are so many moments from so many weddings it's hard to pick them. I agree with all the choices listed previously, but here are the moments that stuck with me...

Victoria & Daniel - She brushing away his tears after their vows, on the balcony after a funny moment there was the greatest photo of Daniel relaxed and laughing and Victoria completely at ease leaned back and cracking up (this might be my favorite of all), and the beautiful photo on the balcony shot from behind the royal couple with their arms around each other and heads leaned together.

Willem-Alexander & Maxima - loved the crying during Adios Nonino and their balcony time with Prince Claus, but my favorite was during their vows when they said "Ja" and the crowd outside cheered so loudly they could be heard in the church. Both WA & Maxima's reactions were priceless.

Constantjin & Laurentien - the couple was so happy and composed throughout the service and then...during the vows, tears began to form in her eyes...such a shift in emotion as the moment had finally come, very memorable.

Felipe & Letizia - I would say some of the atrociously attired guests but since this is about the couple, the image of Letizia speaking her vows and looking directly into Felipe's eyes had so many emotions - nervousness, resoluteness (is that a word), responsibility, happiness tempered with some fear. It was very clear that this was a HUGE moment.

Fred & Mary - don't have one particular moment...but I was kind of "put-off" by this one. I never saw a bride who smiled so seldom.

Elena & Jaime - similar to F&M, the exact moment that sticks with me was when Elena reached Jaime's side before the altar and he lifted her veil and was fixing it in the back. At one moment, Elena looks and seems irritated, almost commanding him to "FIX IT" and pointing to her veil in a very agitated way...it was almost like she would have slapped him. Certainly not the exchange I would have expected between a couple marrying one another. Oh well, maybe it was a look into the future.

Haakon & Mette-Marit - other than being struck by how simply elegant and stunningly beautiful the bride was, the images that stick the most from this wedding were Haakon's expressions. This was the one wedding where the groom "glowed". He seemed so happy, fulfilled, and utterly in love with his bride (and still does).

Laurent & Claire - beautiful dress, but the most enduring image was Laurent's tears on the balcony. I can only speculate, but there seemed to be so many overwhelming thoughts for him at that moment...cheers and support from the crowds, elation (and possibly relief) to have found a lovely bride who seemed/seems to love and accept him, and a sense of love, peace, and contentment.

There are many others as well but these are the ones I most remember from recent history.

Rascal
Old 12-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelinaB. View Post
...and then cheat their lovely wives maybe? Well, at least this is what Joachim did to Alexandra...
It´s not a fact that it was him who cheated. It could just as easily have been her.
As a matter of fact most danes believes that it was her who cheated on him.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

My favorites are:Princess Di to Prince Charles - the whole thing, magical fariy tale, Cinderella. If only I knew...
Prince Andrew and Fergie- ditto
Old 12-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Nobility

From the Swedish wedding after Daniel had finished his speach, everyone was clapping and you could see what Victoria thought at that moment: STOP CLAPPING, I want to toast with him and kiss him.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Courtier

Mine is also from the Swedish wedding: the moment when the gate at the church opened and the newlyweds walked out, children were singing and you could see that Victoria was about to burst from happines.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
LOL...there are so many moments from so many weddings it's hard to pick them. I agree with all the choices listed previously, but here are the moments that stuck with me...

Victoria & Daniel - She brushing away his tears after their vows, on the balcony after a funny moment there was the greatest photo of Daniel relaxed and laughing and Victoria completely at ease leaned back and cracking up (this might be my favorite of all), and the beautiful photo on the balcony shot from behind the royal couple with their arms around each other and heads leaned together.

Willem-Alexander & Maxima - loved the crying during Adios Nonino and their balcony time with Prince Claus, but my favorite was during their vows when they said "Ja" and the crowd outside cheered so loudly they could be heard in the church. Both WA & Maxima's reactions were priceless.

Constantjin & Laurentien - the couple was so happy and composed throughout the service and then...during the vows, tears began to form in her eyes...such a shift in emotion as the moment had finally come, very memorable.

Felipe & Letizia - I would say some of the atrociously attired guests but since this is about the couple, the image of Letizia speaking her vows and looking directly into Felipe's eyes had so many emotions - nervousness, resoluteness (is that a word), responsibility, happiness tempered with some fear. It was very clear that this was a HUGE moment.

Fred & Mary - don't have one particular moment...but I was kind of "put-off" by this one. I never saw a bride who smiled so seldom.

Elena & Jaime - similar to F&M, the exact moment that sticks with me was when Elena reached Jaime's side before the altar and he lifted her veil and was fixing it in the back. At one moment, Elena looks and seems irritated, almost commanding him to "FIX IT" and pointing to her veil in a very agitated way...it was almost like she would have slapped him. Certainly not the exchange I would have expected between a couple marrying one another. Oh well, maybe it was a look into the future.

Haakon & Mette-Marit - other than being struck by how simply elegant and stunningly beautiful the bride was, the images that stick the most from this wedding were Haakon's expressions. This was the one wedding where the groom "glowed". He seemed so happy, fulfilled, and utterly in love with his bride (and still does).

Laurent & Claire - beautiful dress, but the most enduring image was Laurent's tears on the balcony. I can only speculate, but there seemed to be so many overwhelming thoughts for him at that moment...cheers and support from the crowds, elation (and possibly relief) to have found a lovely bride who seemed/seems to love and accept him, and a sense of love, peace, and contentment.

There are many others as well but these are the ones I most remember from recent history.

Rascal
Actually Prince Claus on the balcony was at his son Constantijn's wedding; Willem-Alexander and Máxima shared the balcony with their bridesmaids.

I don't really have a favourite mental "snapshot" of a wedding, although I was very pleasantly surprised by the first view of Princess Máxima's wedding dress.
After the disappointment that Mette-Marit's dress was to me, this was a huge relief - much more how I envision a royal bride.

Tags
royal weddings