Royal Wedding Gifts

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JessRulz said:
a wedding present for CP Frederik & CP Mary, and it also said that they got a journal make of kangaroo poop and a 180-ton bale of wool as presents

:eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Totally agree with you crisinaki! :eek: Almost fell of my chair when I read that!

You are joking, huh? :eek: Wow! What to do with their wonderful gifts?:rolleyes:

kerry said:
You are joking, huh? :eek: Wow! What to do with their wonderful gifts?:rolleyes:

Do the Charles thing? But then the odor would be unbearable:rolleyes: :cool:

I also heard that many of the gifts received by Charles and Diana were burned. But I heard it was during or right after the divorce, and they didn't want any of the gifts making their way into the public.

I was reading the newspaper yesterday and it had an article about the vintage tram that is on it's way to Denmark from Melbourne as a wedding present for CP Frederik & CP Mary, and it also said that they got a journal make of kangaroo poop and a 180-ton bale of wool as presents

Welll well welll how very weird.
Didn't they also recieve some Tasmanian devils? :)

Queen Elizabeth & Prince Phillip.

Furniture, including a Singer sewing machine and refrigerator, china, including gift from French Premier and government, a silver dressing table set from the diplomatic corps., glassware, including set of glasses from President Benes of Czechoslovakia and a vase from President Harry Truman of the United States of America (USA).
Jewellery, including necklace from the people of Burma, a diamond and ruby necklace from King George VI and Queen Elizabeth together with a string of pearls, a diamond tiara, bracelets and brooch from Queen Mary. Princess Margaret gave a picnic basket.

A piece of Indian lace hand woven by Mahatma Gandhi the Queen’s diamond bracelet given to her by Prince Phillip on their marriage.
The royal couple received more than 2,500 wedding presents from world leaders and well-wishers around the globe. They received 500 cases of tinned pineapple for distribution by the bride, sugared almonds, tins of salmon and crystallised fruits plus some 76 handkerchiefs, 30 scarves, 148 pairs of stockings and 16 nightgowns.

The necklace and earrings that Autumn Kelly wore on her wedding day were a gift from Peter Phillips. :)

I read (I think it was in Marion Crawford's book) that QEII received hundreds or thousands of ration stamps for sugar and flour for her wedding.

And yes, Mary and Frederik received some Tasmanian Devils, they are in the Copenhagen zoo.

And yes, Mary and Frederik received some Tasmanian Devils, they are in the Copenhagen zoo.

Weren't the Devils a present for Christian's birth? (Along with another tram from Melbourne...)

I'm curious about something. Can anyone send the royal couple a wedding gift? The average person probably wouldn't know what to get them. The gallery of the royal wedding gifts was very interesting.

Yes, sure, everyone can send them gifts, Mary and Fred got homemade gifts, and IIRC also a case of beer, which was half empty. It was displayed along the other gifts they received :)

I have a brochure of the exhibition of Charles & Diana's wedding gifts. The list includes the following:
A minature corn dolly horseshoe
A tray & chopping board
The Family cookbook
A tape recording of songs sung by children from an infant school
A badge "I'm proud to be Welsh"
A bird feeder
A telephone index....... (I could go on listing - there's many pages of listings for anyone who is looking for an idea)

But in response to the question - yes anyone can send something and it seems that it will be acknowledged.

Gifts for royal couples are ridiculous. They can have anything they want and people of modest means send lovely gifts that are scant appreciated. Other who have vast and deep pockets shower them with gifts that are nauseating, when they could help peoeple who need help. So, when a royal couple marries, just as some do for flowers at funerals, they can ask that their gifts be designated to a charity, which they like or, perhaps, are a parton of, and obviate the unnecessary melage of gifts that get burried in the vast vaults of wealth.

nascarlucy said:
I'm curious about something. Can anyone send the royal couple a wedding gift? The average person probably wouldn't know what to get them. The gallery of the royal wedding gifts was very interesting.

I'm sure anyone can send them a wedding gift. I agree most people wouldn't know what to get them

I'm sure anyone can send them a wedding gift. I agree most people wouldn't know what to get them

Princess Edward & Sophie were the 1st BRF to have a wedding registry and they got a lot of their giftlist from regular folks.

I never really thought about average people sending royal gifts until I saw this blog. Since Prince Edward & Sophie had a wedding registry, it was easier for regular folks to send them wedding gifts. At least you knew that they wanted what you were sending them.

My maternal grandmother crochets doilies for tables.
Her variegated doilies are exquisite.
For royal wedding gifts I would give variegated doilies.

An awful lot of silver there for the butler to polish!

Princess Margaret gave her sister and Prince Philip a fully fitted and very large picnic hamper which probably came in handy at Balmoral in years to come.

The RAF and WAAF gave Elizabeth and Philip a grand piano and £4,000 which apparently was used to purchase a Daimler.

On the other hand at Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel's wedding in 2010, as well as the usual gifts people sent home-made gloves, scarves, caps etc in wool. Victoria was overcome by the professional workmanship and skill of these knitters.

Along with jewels, the queen got a lot of odd ones. They got a live turkey from an American girl, because of the lack of food in post war. They got a fridge. Gandhi sent them lace he spun from wool. Mary was appalled, she thought it was a loin cloth.

creepy gifts(especially the turkey), if seen with modern eyes...

The Wedding Gifts of Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna of Russia
She was the daughter of Tsar Alexander II of Russia. She married Prince Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh.

I was reading the newspaper yesterday and it had an article about the vintage tram that is on it's way to Denmark from Melbourne as a wedding present for CP Frederik & CP Mary, and it also said that they got a journal make of kangaroo poop and a 180-ton bale of wool as presents

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: it looks bizarre kangaroo poop

Back
Top Bottom