Shoes Worn by Royal Brides

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best Bridal Shoes:
1-Diana, Princess of Wales (Every bit as detailed and romantic as her wedding gown, plus loved the fact she wore flats.)
2-Princess Madeleine (Modern, refined, but still sexy.)
3-The Queen (Old-fashioned, pure class)
4-CP Mette Merit (Elegance in rare form.)
5-Princess Grace (As rare and beautiful as her gown.)

Worst:
1-Duchess of Cambridge (Looked like any bridal Jimmy Choos I can buy at Nordstroms.)
2-Lady Elizabeth Bowes Lyon (Too slipper like for my taste.)
3-CP Victoria of Sweden (Ugly embellishments on the toes.)
4-Sophie The Countess of Wessex (Too pointy and otherwise boring.)
5-Letizia of Spain (Ugly, ugly, ugly.)

All JMO, of course!

Last edited:
Best Bridal Shoes:
1-Diana, Princess of Wales (Every bit as detailed and romantic as her wedding gown, plus loved the fact she wore flats.)

Worst:
1-Duchess of Cambridge (Looked like any bridal Jimmy Choos I can buy at Nordstroms.)
3-CP Victoria of Denmark (Ugly embellishments on the toes.)

All JMO, of course!

Do you mean Victoria of Sweden or Mary of Denmark?

Do you mean Victoria of Sweden or Mary of Denmark?

I meant Victoria of Sweden. Thanks for pointing that out to me in time for me to edit it above!:flowers:

:bang::bang::bang: - I hate when I let my brain get distracted and forget what my fingers are typing:sad:.

Best Bridal Shoes:

QUOTE]

You've seen Mette-Marit's shoes? I have been trying to look for a photo of them but they are hard to find. I would appreciate if you (or anyone else) post a photo of them.

Photos of Stephanie's shoes are also hard to look for.

I think Charlene's shoes were awful, very clunky looking for such an elegant wedding dress. :sad: I don't care for Victoria's either, but I like Maxima's.

I didn't like CP Mary's dress at all, but I did love her shoes.

Last edited:
So far the best I have seen are Charlene's the worst are Diana's

Again, those are not Diana's shoes. She wore completely flat shoes so as to not tower over the diminutive Charles. I am looking at the official book released at the time of the wedding right now with photos of the shoes, dress, rings, etc.

^^^^
I suppose that comment was to be expected but Charles was not dimunitive and was at least the same height as his ex wife.

Righty oh. whatever your issue is NGalitzine, the shoes WERE FLAT. Put whatever construction you want. Those are not her shoes. But feel free to hate on them anyway.

here is a source for the 5'10" princess choosing flats to not tower over charlie www.shoes.about.com/od.weddingsbridal1/a/weddingshoes.html If they were the same height, and Diana wore any heel whatsoever, she would be taller than Charles by the height of the shoe. Assuming a 2" heel and add the tiara and she would have 3-4 inches on him.

here is the correct pair of shoes www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/shoes-worn-by-royal-brides-4088-3.html

Last edited:
Scooter I have no issue at all, but a 5'10" male is not "diminutive". In fact he would be about 1 inch taller than your average male of European descent. Yes a woman in heels and a tiara might appear taller, but in reality a 5'10" female is the same height as her 5'10" husband so if he is called diminutive then presumable she is also diminutive.

What a fun topic. So far I like Princess Noor Hamzah shoes. Love the knotch cut on the top of the shoe..is it called the vamp? Lovely shoes!!

Again, those are not Diana's shoes. She wore completely flat shoes so as to not tower over the diminutive Charles. I am looking at the official book released at the time of the wedding right now with photos of the shoes, dress, rings, etc.

What photo are you referring to when you say they are not Diana's shoes?

Best Bridal Shoes:

Worst:
1-Duchess of Cambridge (Looked like any bridal Jimmy Choos I can buy at Nordstroms.)n
3-CP Victoria of Sweden (Ugly embellishments on the toes.).

All JMO, of course![/QUOTEhe
Regarding Lady Elizabeth Bowes - Lyon's shoes..a slipper is probably the standard for wedding fashon in those days. I'd like to see a picture of her shoes. I've read that she was proud of her dainty feet. What size did she wear?

My favourites:

-CP Mary
-Princess Tatiana
-The Duchess of Cambridge
-Princess Madeleine
-Queen Maxima
-CP Victoria
-Princess Grace

My least favourites:

-HM
-Diana
-The Princess of Asturias

I like:
-Princess Mary
-Princess Madeleine
-Duchess of Cambridge
-Princess Tatiana
-Princess Victoria
-Princess Grace

Last edited:
I like Victoria's, Catherine's and Sophie's shoes.
Least I like Madeleine's, Tatiana's and Charlene's shoes.

Scooter I have no issue at all, but a 5'10" male is not "diminutive". In fact he would be about 1 inch taller than your average male of European descent. Yes a woman in heels and a tiara might appear taller, but in reality a 5'10" female is the same height as her 5'10" husband so if he is called diminutive then presumable she is also diminutive.

From the Emanuel's book on the wedding ensemble 'A Dress for Diana', in the chapter The Shoes, page 123 "The heels needed to be very low because Diana was so tall".

From the lips of Prince Phillip at the time "At least she will breed some height into the line".

Also in the famous engagement pic, Diana had to stand one step down to make Charles look taller.

Until the separation, Diana always appeared in flat, or close to it, shoes. After the separation, she often wore heels. So, back OT...those are not the correct shoes.

Last edited:
Here are Princess Claire of Luxembourg's wedding shoes:

Pic

I love her shoes! They are very beautiful, romantic, and elegant.

Here are Princess Claire of Luxembourg's wedding shoes: Pic I love her shoes! They are very beautiful, romantic, and elegant.

Does anyone know if those are flowers?

I like the shoes, they are lovely, but I would love to know if those are flowers!

Here are the best photos I found of Queen Silvia's shoes:

1 2

Back
Top Bottom