Shoes Worn by Royal Brides

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zara wore the classic ivory Jimmy Choos.

Unfortunately not, the press didn't get Zara's feet.

Oh wow, seems Zara had some nice shoes as well. Not in love with the dress, but it did look good on her. Shoes seem to have been really great and kind of remind me of Charlene's.

I love Zara's shoes.Very classic.

i like Charlene's, Catherine's and Zara's shoes, for me to wear.
i like Mary's shoes because of its classical and delicate feel. (i think Tatiana had the same kind of shoes)
but i love Crown Princess Sarah shoes, they were so magical, glamorous and unique, althought we cant use them in an everyday basis, i could have them for display at home^^

i never saw Mette-Marit and Lalla Salma wedding shoes, anyone has pictures?

Diana's slippers are by far my favourite as they were so very "princessy" and totally unlike anything brides would have chosen, at least before Diana appeared in them. IMHO, they're also hand-down the most romantic, and Clive Shelton accomplished a little acknowledged triumph: Diana had large feet and yet those shoes somehow did not accentuate their size as so many flats are prone to do. The glimpse of those hearts was absolutely charming, but not overdone, at least not when seen peeping out from the hem of her gown.:)

I've never understood why so many brides go the standard Jimmy Choos (or knockoffs thereof) when their feet and legs are not going to be seen 99% of the time. (Of course it's different when the Groom is much taller than the Bride!) Maybe I'm in the minority, but I always thought the point of high heels was to elongate and improve the look of one's legs.) I am only five feet two inches and I wore ballet slippers to my wedding and continue to do so when wearing a long, full-skirted gown. When the night is halfway finished and many ladies are slipping their shoes off under the table, I'm still dancing without an ounce of pain to my feet or back! :lol: I'm sure for Diana, that long day was a little easier without high heels; the weight of that train must have been a nightmare with flats as it was, with heels it could have been unmanageable. I did love Charlene's shoes, but she did lose her shoulder train partly through the festivities and I wonder if flats might have made balancing the two trains easier for her.

Princess Grace's were (naturally) elegant and gorgeous, but next to Diana's, I just loved the Queen's. One doesn't see too many pairs of shoes like those nowadays! The silver buckles are the last word in elegance. I'm always taken aback by how beautiful HM was as a young Princess, although I think her engagement pictures are even more amazing than those from her wedding; the love just radiates from her whole being, and the soft yellow of her dress was inordinately becoming.

Please, if anyone has a picture of Sarah Ferguson's wedding shoes, I would be most grateful if you could post the link.:flowers::flowers::flowers: I've never seen them and am extremely curious after reading descriptions about them. (The thumbnail a few pages back is too small to give me any idea of their "look".) I never knew she wore Manolo Blahniks; daring for 1986 when all the BRF so carefully wore everything of British design!

I love the shoes Catherine wore for her wedding... They are elegant and timeless and the white/ivory lace adornment distinguishes them from other formal shoes.

I also like the shoes Mary wore, minus the ribbon!

I loved Kate's dress, but I did not like her shoes. That imo is just too much lace and made it seem to much of a gimmick.

:previous: At first I also thought lace shoes with so much lace on the dress was a tad overdone, but I do like both Catherine's dress and shoes individually. From the photos I've seen, the shoes blended in well, especially given the lace along the bottom of the dress -- I wonder if plain shoes would have stood out more. Whether the best combination or not, the shoes win my vote for their own merit! ;)

I realy like Catherine and Letizia´s shoes

Here is the best photo I can find of The Duchess of York's shoes:

Pic

Sorry I don't remember which program it was but I saw a video of Sarah showing an interviewer her wedding shoes. I wish I can find the clip.

I really don't like Madeleine's wedding shoes. I just don't like the see through part. If it was not see through then I would have loved it.

Thank you for all the great pictures,IloveCP!
Some of the shoes are very nice,they are all delicate and well-made,but my favourite wedding shoes are are from Catherine, Grace, Mary and Madeleine :)
These are the kind of shoes that I could imagine wearing myself,the other shoes were nice but not what I would chose for a wedding. Charlene´s shoes were fantastic and matched her rather modern dress, but I would opt for something more conservative and traditional if it was my wedding.
Lalla Salma´s traditional leather wedding shoes were also lovely, unfortunately I could not find an image via google. I remember they did not have high heels and were decorated with pretty embroidery, they looked very comfortable and stylish to me:)

Duchess of Cambridge shoes was amazing! I love them.

Don't know whose shoes are in the pic, but Diana wore flats so as to not dwarf Charles.

This is an interesting thread to say the least!

Do we have any pictures of Stephanie's shoes?

Back
Top Bottom