Royal Weddings in 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

azile

Nobility
City
Vancouver
Country
Canada
Let's start a List of Weddings for 2005

January 28 - Dom Pedro Tiago de Orléans e Bragança (elder son of Prince Dom Pedro Carlos de Orléans e Bragança) and Patrícia Lima

July- Prince Manuel of Bavaria and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.

Any others?

Eliza

Her Imperial Highness Princess Sayako (Princess Nori) of Japan, will marry this year "after the summer", according to offical reports.

Thanks! Updated List:

January 28 - Dom Pedro Tiago de Orléans e Bragança (elder son of Prince Dom Pedro Carlos de Orléans e Bragança) and Patrícia Lima

July- Prince Manuel of Bavaria and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.

Fall- Princess Sayako (Japan) and Yoshiki Kuroda

Eliza

Are there any photos for the wedding of Dom Pedro Tiago de Orléans e Bragança and Patrícia Lima available yet? The wedding was this weekend.

I believe the next wedding is not scheduled until July. Here is an updated list:

Eliza

With the news from England today, here is an updated list:

April 8- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles

Eliza

Here is an updated list:

April 8- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles

August- Prince Pieter-Christiaan (Netherlands) and Anita Theodora van Eijk

October- Prince Floris (Netherlands) and Aimée Leonie Allegonde Marie Söhngen

Eliza

And Another updated list of weddings scheduled this year:

April 9- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles

last week of August- Prince Pieter-Christiaan (Netherlands) and Anita Theodora van Eijk

October- Prince Floris (Netherlands) and Aimée Leonie Allegonde Marie Söhngen

Eliza

azile1710 said:
Are there any photos for the wedding of Dom Pedro Tiago de Orléans e Bragança and Patrícia Lima available yet? The wedding was this weekend.

I believe the next wedding is not scheduled until July. Here is an updated list:

Eliza
Braganca and Lima was this weekend? I thought the wedding was in January! No wonder I couldn't find any pictures:D

So the list is:

• April 9- Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles
  • July- Prince Manuel of Bavaria and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
  • 25/ 27 august Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Anita van Eijk
  • 20/ 22 october Prince Foris and Aimée Söhngen
  • October Princess Sayako and Yoshiki Kuroda

As far as I know, the weddnig of Dom Pedro Tiago de Orléans e Bragança and Patrícia Lima did occur as planned January 28, 2005. I have not been able to find any photos.

Maybe someone else has?

Eliza

alfie, one of the members in the Bruneian royal thread has kindly shared the following info about an upcoming royal wedding in Brunei.
The wedding will be a private affair.

Princess Hamidah (oldest daughter of Prince Jefri, brother of the Sultan) will marry Pengiran Anak Ali (Princess Masna's son) on April 17, 2005

Since this is the year of the Rooster it is also known as the year of the Widower. I'm superstitious when it comes down to things like this and I would be leary of marriage in 2005.

However, I wish all the couples happiness and long life together.:)

Updated List:
  • April 17, 2005 Princess Hamidah of Brunei (oldest daughter of Prince Jefri, brother of the Sultan) and Pengiran Anak Ali
  • July- Prince Manuel of Bavaria and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
  • 25/ 27 August Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Anita van Eijk
  • 20/ 22 October Prince Foris and Aimée Söhngen
  • October Princess Sayako and Yoshiki Kuroda
Eliza

I believe that the wedding of Princess Hamidah of Brunei and Pengiran Anak Ali took place yesterday. Does anyone have any photos?

Here is the updated list for weddings over the next few months:

July- Prince Manuel of Bavaria and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
25/ 27 August Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Anita van Eijk
20/ 22 October Prince Foris and Aimée Söhngen
October Princess Sayako and Yoshiki Kuroda

Eliza

June 24, 2005: wedding of Edward Khaled and Princess Badiya bint El Hassan of Jordan at Amman
August 6, 2005: wedding of Prince Manuel von Bayern and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg at Stockholm
August 25, 2005: civil wedding of Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Anita van Eijk at Palace Het Loo at Apeldoorn
August 27, 2005: religious wedding of Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Anita van Eijk at the Grote- or St. Jeroenskerk at Noordwijk
September/October 2005: wedding of Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta Duke of Apulia and Princess Olga of Greece
October 20, 2005: civil wedding of Prince Floris van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Aimée Söhngen at Naarden
October 22, 2005: religious wedding of Prince Floris van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Aimée Söhngen at Naarden
October/November 2005 (?): wedding of Prince Aimone of Savoy Duke of Apulia and Princess Olga of Greece in Italy (?)
November 15, 2005: wedding of Yoshiki Kuroda and Princess Sayako of Japan at the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo

Updated List

Updated List of upcoming weddings:

August 6: Prince Manuel von Bayern and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg at Stockholm

August 25: Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Anita van Eijk at Palace Het Loo at Apeldoorn (civil ceremony)
August 27: Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Anita van Eijk at the Grote- or St. Jeroenskerk at Noordwijk (religious ceremony)

October 20: Prince Floris van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Aimée Söhngen at Naarden (civil ceremony)
October 22: Prince Floris van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Aimée Söhngen at Naarden (religious ceremony)

Fall : Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta Duke of Apulia and Princess Olga of Greece

November 15: Yoshiki Kuroda and Princess Sayako of Japan at the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo

Please feel free to add other weddings to this list.

Eliza
NOTE: Edward Khaled and Princess Badiya bint El Hassan of Jordan were married June 24 at Amman. Could someone post a link to photos? Thanks!

The wedding of Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta Duke of Apulia and Princess Olga of Greece will take place on October 1, 2005.

it's from their engagement thread ! but no idea where their wedding is going to take place!

August 6: Prince Manuel von Bayern and Princess Anna zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg at Stockholm

August 25: Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Anita van Eijk at Palace Het Loo at Apeldoorn (civil ceremony)
August 27: Prince Pieter-Christiaan van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Anita van Eijk at the Grote- or St. Jeroenskerk at Noordwijk (religious ceremony)

October 1 : Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta Duke of Apulia and Princess Olga of Greece
October 20: Prince Floris van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Aimée Söhngen at Naarden (civil ceremony)
October 22: Prince Floris van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven and Aimée Söhngen at Naarden (religious ceremony)

November 15: Yoshiki Kuroda and Princess Sayako of Japan at the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo

Updated list of upcoming weddings

October 8 : Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta Duke of Apulia and Princess Olga of Greece

Eliza

December 2, 2005: wedding of Nuno de Carvalho Moreira and Princess Maria Carolina de Orleans e Bragança at Rio de Janeiro

Indian Royal Wedding?

I believe there is an Indian Royal wedding towards the end of this year? I believe it will be quite a spectacular event. Has anyone any news of this or how I can find more information?
Thanks.

I havent heard of this before, hasnt India got many royal families? Im not sure, but i will try and find some info about this wedding. :)

Zara The Sweet

Maybe you're right and it's yet to be announced OR they are just keeping it very quiet. I did some searching on the web as well and found nothing. I'm planning to travel to India at the end of the year and was hoping I could travel to where it was taking place as well. I imagine it would be quite an amazing event. I think it's in a place called 'the land of princes' RAJATAN. Let's see if anything shows up. :confused:

Thank you for your feedback and that link. It's a great site.:) :)

Two questions to update this thread-

1. Does anyone have any links to phots of the wedding of Nuno de Carvalho Moreira and Princess Maria Carolina de Orleans e Bragança at Rio de Janeiro that took place earlier this month?

2. Are there any weddings planned for 2006?

Thanks for your help!

Eliza

azile1710 said:
Two questions to update this thread...
2. Are there any weddings planned for 2006?
The biggest we know of will be the wedding of HRH Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta and HRH Princess Olga of Greece, sometime in "early" 2006, and possibly in Turin. No details have been released as yet.

Warren said:
The biggest we know of will be the wedding of HRH Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta and HRH Princess Olga of Greece, sometime in "early" 2006, and possibly in Turin. No details have been released as yet.

i understand there's a real question about whether or not that wedding will ever take place. but thats just rumors at this point.

pollyemma said:
i understand there's a real question about whether or not that wedding will ever take place. but thats just rumors at this point.
The original plan was to have a "quiet" and relatively private wedding on a Greek island, but sense prevailed and it was decided to give it the stature it deserves. So the wedding was postponed to allow better preparations for a larger event. We shall see. On a positive note, the couple are still seen out and about together, from what I've read, so there is still hope for a glittering truly Royal wedding! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom