The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Commoner

I see it now. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

Old 02-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Courtier

You are welcome:) What do you think about the speech? I think it was great.

Old 02-14-2007, 10:08 AM
Aristocracy

The speeched delivered on the wedding of CP Frederik and CP Mary were just wonderful. Mr. Donaldson's speech was full of humour.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atene
You are welcome:) What do you think about the speech? I think it was great.
I think all of the speeches were great. Everyone managed to find the perfect words to express the day, and the speeches seem even more poignant when looking back on them five and a half years later.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:46 AM
Courtier

I adore Felipe's speech. it was so touching. its a combination of her love to Letizia and family and above all his commitment to serve Spain as their future King...This couple will be good leaders!!
Old 03-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Courtier

I've only heard Felipe and Frederik's speaches.

I thought it was a little disappointing that Felipe didn't speak to Letizia more, but it still gave brang tears to my eyes! Very beautiful speach!

CP Frederik's speach was sort of odd at first, but the second half was SO romantic and very cute IMO.
I especially loved:
"I love you Mary. Come, let us go! Come, let us see!
Throughout a thousand worlds, weightless love awaits" and
"Then you walked into my world, and already much has happened. Now, there are two worlds – possibly even more - which from now on we will explore together, side by side. In light and darkness, in summer, autumn, winter and spring – always. " and the unforgettable "The joy and strength you give me is like the sun in the daytime which, with its radiance, melts all doubts and darkness on earth."
Old 03-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Moderator Emeritus

I woould like to share with all of you, this sentences of king Juan Carlos´s speech. I think his words are very institutional and very lovelys to Spaniards.

"As King, I am convinced that Felipe and Letizia will always know to accomplish with rectitude, care and exemplarity, their obligations and responsibilities, first as Princes of Asturias and, when it comes the moment, also as King and Queen.

Do always think about Spain and dedicate, with love and devotion, the best of your efforts to the Spaniards, to fulfil their hopes, to share their illusions and always mingle to their feelings and difficulties. I know that the passion to serve this great, diverse and plural country, proud of its coexistence in democracy and freedom, animates you. "
Old 03-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Courtier

I love this part of Prince Felipe Speech:

"Today I have acquired two more parents and two more sisters, and four grandparents - for my granparents are no longer with us. From them I continue to draw inspiration and my memories of them accompny me and fill me with pride. From hers I receive a warm closeness and the valuable experience of their lives. Accept my respectful and affectionate gratitude."

He was referind to Princess Letizia Family, so sweet and romantic.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybeans
Hello,

where can I find Queen Margrethe's speech for Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra wedding?

thanks,
I can only find a Danish version of the Queen's speech but here is a link to the speech (in English) given by Alexandra's father.

bla*net: Alexandra og prins Joachims Bryllup
Old 05-25-2007, 10:51 PM
Royal Highness

Do they have any videos of the wedding speeches for Frederik and Mary's wedding? I have seen Frederik's, but not the Queen's, Prince Consort's, or John Donaldson's. I'm actually starting to think there aren't any. But Frederik's was nice and very very sweet! Didn't it make Mary cry?
Old 05-26-2007, 01:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1
Do they have any videos of the wedding speeches for Frederik and Mary's wedding? I have seen Frederik's, but not the Queen's, Prince Consort's, or John Donaldson's. I'm actually starting to think there aren't any. But Frederik's was nice and very very sweet! Didn't it make Mary cry?
All of the speeches can be found here NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

The video is like 5 hours long so I would suggest just scanning through but all of the speeches are there.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1
Yes, It made Mary cry.. And then they kissed for several seconds after the speech, and then Frederik wispered "love you" in her ear.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
I was so touched by all of the speeches at their wedding. I was most impressed when the Queen said something along the lines of being worthy of Mary's trust.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Aristocracy

i love frederick's speech...really touching...i agree that at first, it was kind of weird but at the later part, it was really romantic
Old 04-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is there anywhere the speeches hold at the wedding of Joachim and Marie?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I´ve never seen this thread before. It´s great!
How many beautiful speeches, they are so romantic.
I almost didn´t remember Prince Felipe´s speech, thanks for post it, really moving, with all those references to Spain and Spaniards...

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

How About The Charles and Camilla Wedding, Juan Carlos and Sofia, Earl and Countess of Wessex??
Old 08-08-2010, 03:17 AM
Majesty

prince daniels speach to crown princess victoria
Old 08-08-2010, 03:18 AM
Majesty

the kings speach to crown princess victoria and prince daniel
Old 11-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Majesty

when charles and diana got married did the speach go out to the public?

Tags
royal weddings, speeches