Royal Wedding Speeches

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I see it now. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

You are welcome:) What do you think about the speech? I think it was great.

The speeched delivered on the wedding of CP Frederik and CP Mary were just wonderful. Mr. Donaldson's speech was full of humour.

Atene said:
You are welcome:) What do you think about the speech? I think it was great.
I think all of the speeches were great. Everyone managed to find the perfect words to express the day, and the speeches seem even more poignant when looking back on them five and a half years later.

I adore Felipe's speech. it was so touching. its a combination of her love to Letizia and family and above all his commitment to serve Spain as their future King...This couple will be good leaders!!

I've only heard Felipe and Frederik's speaches.

I thought it was a little disappointing that Felipe didn't speak to Letizia more, but it still gave brang tears to my eyes! Very beautiful speach!

CP Frederik's speach was sort of odd at first, but the second half was SO romantic and very cute IMO.
I especially loved:
"I love you Mary. Come, let us go! Come, let us see!
Throughout a thousand worlds, weightless love awaits" and
"Then you walked into my world, and already much has happened. Now, there are two worlds – possibly even more - which from now on we will explore together, side by side. In light and darkness, in summer, autumn, winter and spring – always. " and the unforgettable "The joy and strength you give me is like the sun in the daytime which, with its radiance, melts all doubts and darkness on earth."
:wub:

Last edited:
I woould like to share with all of you, this sentences of king Juan Carlos´s speech. I think his words are very institutional and very lovelys to Spaniards.

"As King, I am convinced that Felipe and Letizia will always know to accomplish with rectitude, care and exemplarity, their obligations and responsibilities, first as Princes of Asturias and, when it comes the moment, also as King and Queen.

Do always think about Spain and dedicate, with love and devotion, the best of your efforts to the Spaniards, to fulfil their hopes, to share their illusions and always mingle to their feelings and difficulties. I know that the passion to serve this great, diverse and plural country, proud of its coexistence in democracy and freedom, animates you. "

I love this part of Prince Felipe Speech:

"Today I have acquired two more parents and two more sisters, and four grandparents - for my granparents are no longer with us. From them I continue to draw inspiration and my memories of them accompny me and fill me with pride. From hers I receive a warm closeness and the valuable experience of their lives. Accept my respectful and affectionate gratitude.":)

He was referind to Princess Letizia Family, so sweet and romantic.:wub:

Do they have any videos of the wedding speeches for Frederik and Mary's wedding? I have seen Frederik's, but not the Queen's, Prince Consort's, or John Donaldson's. I'm actually starting to think there aren't any. But Frederik's was nice and very very sweet! Didn't it make Mary cry?

acdc1 said:
Do they have any videos of the wedding speeches for Frederik and Mary's wedding? I have seen Frederik's, but not the Queen's, Prince Consort's, or John Donaldson's. I'm actually starting to think there aren't any. But Frederik's was nice and very very sweet! Didn't it make Mary cry?

All of the speeches can be found here NRK Nett-TV - hastighetsmåling

The video is like 5 hours long so I would suggest just scanning through but all of the speeches are there.

acdc1 said:

Yes, It made Mary cry.. And then they kissed for several seconds after the speech, and then Frederik wispered "love you" in her ear. :wub:

I was so touched by all of the speeches at their wedding. I was most impressed when the Queen said something along the lines of being worthy of Mary's trust.:cry:

i love frederick's speech...really touching...i agree that at first, it was kind of weird but at the later part, it was really romantic

Is there anywhere the speeches hold at the wedding of Joachim and Marie?

I´ve never seen this thread before. It´s great!:flowers:
How many beautiful speeches, they are so romantic.
I almost didn´t remember Prince Felipe´s speech, thanks for post it, really moving, with all those references to Spain and Spaniards...

How About The Charles and Camilla Wedding, Juan Carlos and Sofia, Earl and Countess of Wessex??

when charles and diana got married did the speach go out to the public?

Daniel!It made me want to marry him!He did the best speech.

Will the speeches of the British Royal Wedding 2011 published in the www?

Is Christophjer O'Neill speech available somewhere? Thank you for sharing it.

Is Christophjer O'Neill speech available somewhere? Thank you for sharing it.

No, Chris´ speech was during the private reception, so it is not available...

My favorite speeches so far are Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Daniel's. I am maybe thinking about using them as examples on how speeches should be done when I get married

I think nothing compares to Prince Daniel's...simple, funny, elegant, poignant. I consider it the gold standard against which all others(the ones we have heard so far) can be measured.

It made me cry!

Prince Daniel

I think nothing compares to Prince Daniel's...simple, funny, elegant, poignant. I consider it the gold standard against which all others(the ones we have heard so far) can be measured.

It made me cry!
I so agree with you, MoonMaiden. I think it was also completely sincere and unexpected. I think until this point we had little idea of Prince Daniel's personality and he blew us away. I cried, too. And, then, the beautiful dancing to The Strauss waltz perfectly ended a perfect day.

That waltz was perfection...it made me want to learn to waltz!

Back
Top Bottom