The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Royal Weddings General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2017, 01:14 AM
Heir Apparent

It was such a sad marriage that its hard in a way to see the many things that were good about it.. as pluses. But I agree that the music, for C and Diana's wedding, chosen I think largely by Charles, was excellent. Dignified...

Old 11-28-2017, 01:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Here is my list of my favorite music when royal brides left the church, in no specific order:

Mette Marit
Maxima
Mary
Letizia
Victoria of Sweden
Kate
Charlene
HGD Stephanie
Madeleine
Diana
Claire of Luxembourg
Queen Silvia

Old 05-19-2018, 10:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Stand by Me was sung at the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Which bridal entrance music was your favorite? I am torn between Kate, Mary and Meghan's.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Oh guide me thou great redeemer from Harry and Meghans Wedding at St Georges Chapel in Windsor ,it was also used during the funeral of the late Princess of Wales in 1997.

Old 06-04-2018, 02:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Which bridal entrance music was your favorite? I am torn between Kate, Mary and Meghan's.

In no particular order my favorite entrances are Kate,
Meghan and Madeleine of Sweden.

The children singing that enchanting folk song from Madeleine 's duchy as she made her way to the altar was
just so beautiful.

I was also touched by Stephanie entering on the arm of her brother and heading straight to her elderly father for his blessing, but her Processional music ruined it for me. I really REALLY disliked it.:sad

However she and Guillaume redeemed themselves with their music at the wedding which was probably the grandest and most "Royal" of all the recent Royal weddings along with the Cambridges.

And their Recessional to Handel's "Messiah" is my favorite from all the Royal weddings.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-05-2018, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Stand by Me was sung at the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan.
Absolutely beautiful song, spectacular arrangement and breath-taking perfomance. Don't care what some poeple have to say about it, it will go down in history as one of the most memorable royal wedding performances!

I was also touched by Meghan entering with Prince Charles. I feel bad that her own father wasn't there though, cant be easy for any daughter, whatever the motivations might be.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan's music when she walked down the aisle is one of my new favorites:

Tags
music, royal weddings