The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-17-2012, 12:01 PM

Royal Wedding Music from Maxima Zorreguieta and HRH The Prince of Orange

Hello Everyone,

Would anyone be able to tell me the name and composer for all of the songs played during their wedding ceremony? I loved their wedding and it continues to be my favorite royal wedding.

Thank you so much!

MoniqueLouise

Old 12-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I think the appeal of 'Zadok' is that it builds up and erupts into this great shout of 'God Save the King/Queen' - which is lovely! I agree though, it's more of a Coronation anthem than a Wedding walk.
Zadok The priest is a British coronation anthem, and I think it odd that other of royal house use it. for example Mary and Fred used Zadok the Priest for Mary procession down the aisle. it must be a nod to the supremacy of the British commonwealth.

Zadok the Priest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-14-2012, 12:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I loved some of the music for William and Catherine, particularly "I Was Glad". My favourite was "This is The Day" composed by Rutter. It was so beautiful and the choir made it so angelic. As they did for "Ubi Caritas", which was also sung at Sophie and Edward's wedding but sounded so much nicer at William and Catherine's.

I was shocked that Mary chose "Zadok The Priest", which as we all know is normally used for British coronations, but it was her wedding day after all!

I loved Anne and Mark's and Edward and Sophie's choice of Widor's Toccata. I think that piece of music is so lovely, and it worked particularly well for Edward and Sophie's wedding set at St. George's Chapel, which is quite gothic.
I was shocked as well with the choice of Zadok the Priest. It is obviously a majestic piece but for a future King and Queen of Denmark to use such a famous British and Anglican coronation anthem as the centrepiece of their wedding is very out of place.
Does anyone know if the Danish press picked up on this choice of music?
Old 12-14-2012, 01:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
I was shocked as well with the choice of Zadok the Priest. It is obviously a majestic piece but for a future King and Queen of Denmark to use such a famous British and Anglican coronation anthem as the centrepiece of their wedding is very out of place.
Does anyone know if the Danish press picked up on this choice of music?
I don't know how it is in Denmark, but in Sweden Zadok the Priest is not that uncommon as a wedding march, and I doubt anyone here thinks of it as a British coronation anthem, just as one other piece of music suitable for weddings.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
I don't know how it is in Denmark, but in Sweden Zadok the Priest is not that uncommon as a wedding march, and I doubt anyone here thinks of it as a British coronation anthem, just as one other piece of music suitable for weddings.
It was written specifically for the coronation of King George II of Britain. It is only known as a coronation anthem. It is a stirring piece I agree but the symbolism could not have been lost on the DRF, that their CP was using one of the most famous pieces of British Royal music ever written.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke-of-Earl View Post
It was written specifically for the coronation of King George II of Britain. It is only known as a coronation anthem. It is a stirring piece I agree but the symbolism could not have been lost on the DRF, that their CP was using one of the most famous pieces of British Royal music ever written.
Maybe it's only known in Britain and its dependencies as a coronation anthem, but in other countries it's known to be used as a wedding march. And didn't the prince of Wales and lady Diana Spencer use the Prince of Denmark's March during their wedding? As well as Charles can be seen as a descendant of the Danish royal house, Frederik can be seen as a descendant of the British royal house.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that Zadok the Priest was an unexpected choice, however I do think it was enthralling to see her walk the down the isle to that beautiful piece of music. The "God Save the Queen" part in particular. I don't see a problem with them using it, did it hurt the BRF's feelings in any way?

Old 06-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Madeleine and Chris O'Neill Wedding service music - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

walking down the aisle: Wedding March from Gotland - Traditional, from Gotland
leaving the church: Wedding March from Delsbo
Old 08-09-2013, 02:29 AM

Hey,

Sometimes ago, I went in a wedding nearby my town, there a wedding band performed. When I reached there it was just OK for me but sometime I could feel their music and their words. For me that band was perfect with great presence and great performance. That band was A Few Good Man, and its performing in weddings in Dublin and well known. You can find out them through: http://www.afewgoodmenband.com
Old 08-09-2013, 02:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the Duchess of Cambridge and Princess Madeleine had the most beautiful and moving entrance music.

For overall wedding liturgy music my favorites are-

1)William and Kate
2)Albert and Charlene-MINUS that awful South African "Click Song"!
3)Guillaume and Stephanie

I thought Madde and Chris' liturgy music was ruined by "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"...incredibly cheesy and bordering on inappropriate. Otherwise it was a lovely service.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Random Wedding Tidbits: Royal Bridal Entrances

My favorite royal bridal entrances:

1. Crown Princess Mary
2. Catherine
3. Queen Maxima
4. HGD Stephanie
5. Crown Princess Victoria
6. Princess Letizia
7. Crown Princess Mette-Marit

All of the music used above are beautiful and simply amazing! They are very fitting for a royal wedding in my opinion.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I loved HGD Stephanie's entrance, it was both beautiful and sad the way her handsome big brother led her down the aisle to their aged, frail father for his blessing. But I didn't care for the Processional music at all, so just based on music alone I couldn't put Stephanie on my "best" list.

But her entrance was by far the most moving, imo.

Tags
music, royal weddings