The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

The hymns were very beautiful and traditional and British.

I personally think it's impossible to have too much prayer at a wedding...especially a Royal wedding that is taking place in a Church.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Serene Highness

I did get bored at William and Kates wedding, some of the selections were doozers, and I'm a great lover of classical and religious music. I think the Anthem I was Glad, has been played better before, especially at the Queen's Coronation where you can tell the people are singing their heart's out, but it was still romantic. The best wedding music wise was that of The Prince of Wales and Lady Diana, absolutely hands down the best, not one piece played at this wedding was boring, they all flowed together and made it a great musical experience!

Old 06-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow jonc93..Charles and Diana's wedding music bored me almost out of my mind. I hated Jeremiah Clarke's "Trumpet Voluntary" processional and it was all downhill from there.

I remember when Kiri Te Kwana(?) came on with that loong aria she was singing, I went to the kitchen for a snack LOL!

I love "I Was Glad" based on Psalm 122, and I have heard many versions of it...and I love mostly all of them.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Wow jonc93..Charles and Diana's wedding music bored me almost out of my mind. I hated Jeremiah Clarke's "Trumpet Voluntary" processional and it was all downhill from there.

I remember when Kiri Te Kwana(?) came on with that loong aria she was singing, I went to the kitchen for a snack LOL!

I love "I Was Glad" based on Psalm 122, and I have heard many versions of it...and I love mostly all of them.
Well, I really love classical music like what Kiri sang, that may be why I liked it all! lol The opening hymns Christ is made the sure foundation, was moving and lovely and great for an opening and I vow to the my country was lovely too, I thought. I liked trumpet voluntary, but it's been used so much since it's worn out!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well first, I have a hard time paying attention in church. And when it comes to a wedding just need some "I do's", and then we go eat.
This was the first RW I had ever watched in its entirety and I kind of felt that when W*K sat down that the important part was over. Plus I hadn't slept for about 16hrs; all together equals not paying much attention.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 09-26-2011, 01:27 AM
Heir Apparent

When it comes to walking down the aisle,I loved Mette Marit,Victoria,Mary,Kate,and Maxima's.

I thought Letizia's song was not right to walk down the aisle.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't see what was wrong with Mary's procession music, it was beautiful and awe inspiring. I don't know what the song was, but I also like the music that Letizia and Felipe left the church in, probably the best I have heard as of now. As to the British music, Fergie's procession music was just really bad. I preferred Kate's walk down the aisle to "I Was Glad" over Diana's music; but Charles and Diana's exit music was definitely much better than Will and Kate's. Victoria's procession music isn't all that great either, but I admit I am not a fan of the sound of too many horns being played.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Mary's music was called Zadok the Priest.It's very beautiful!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
I don't see what was wrong with Mary's procession music, it was beautiful and awe inspiring. I don't know what the song was, but I also like the music that Letizia and Felipe left the church in, probably the best I have heard as of now. As to the British music, Fergie's procession music was just really bad. I preferred Kate's walk down the aisle to "I Was Glad" over Diana's music; but Charles and Diana's exit music was definitely much better than Will and Kate's. Victoria's procession music isn't all that great either, but I admit I am not a fan of the sound of too many horns being played.
What song was played when Charles and Diana left the church?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Victoria's procession music isn't all that great either, but I admit I am not a fan of the sound of too many horns being played.
They were trumpets
I have to say I loved the entrance march, it was very dignified and solemn. Their exit music was great too, perfect for such a big church.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Mary's music was called Zadok the Priest.It's very beautiful!
G.F.Händel (1685-1759): Zadok the Priest. Coronoation hymn for choir and orchestra.
This work was written for the coronation of King George II in London in 1727 and is one of the most magisterial choral works to be found in the traditional music of the Anglican church.

And the exitmusic was:
Charles-Marie Widor (1845-1937): Toccata 5. Organ symphony.

Since the wedding of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik in 1967, Mendelssohn's famous "Wedding March" has found itself in tough competition with this brilliant and virtuoso French organ piece.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

I loved some of the music for William and Catherine, particularly "I Was Glad". My favourite was "This is The Day" composed by Rutter. It was so beautiful and the choir made it so angelic. As they did for "Ubi Caritas", which was also sung at Sophie and Edward's wedding but sounded so much nicer at William and Catherine's.

I was shocked that Mary chose "Zadok The Priest", which as we all know is normally used for British coronations, but it was her wedding day after all!

I loved Anne and Mark's and Edward and Sophie's choice of Widor's Toccata. I think that piece of music is so lovely, and it worked particularly well for Edward and Sophie's wedding set at St. George's Chapel, which is quite gothic.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Here are bridal entrances:

http://youtu.be/17-412d-tPA
Old 09-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsessan View Post
They were trumpets
I have to say I loved the entrance march, it was very dignified and solemn. Their exit music was great too, perfect for such a big church.
I am aware they are trumpets, I don't like too many horns of any kind trumpets or not.
Ubi Caritas at William and Kate's wedding was really beautiful. That is another musical event at their wedding that I had put on my iPod; it was just so haunting.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:46 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Handel's Hallelujah
They leave the Cathedral at 6.15:
Old 01-28-2012, 08:15 PM
Nobility

I really liked Victoria's fanfare - it was lovely and very fitting for the wedding of a crown princess. But I was disappointed with the music for the actual processional. I am not sure if it was the tune or simply how it was played, but, for me, it lacked grandeur.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Royal Highness

Some one can tell when i can find the song played in entrance of princess Maxima wedding????
Old 02-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Nobility

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden walked in to "Sinfonia Di Chiesa" by J.H Roman and exited the church to "Sinfonia to Cantata No.29" by J.S Bach at their wedding in 1976.

Here is a clip from their wedding where a part of "Sinfonia di Chiesa" can be heard during the first 42 seconds http://youtu.be/pogenTOM--k

Here is "their" exit music http://youtu.be/rSFRNi9Nois
Old 02-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I loved Silvia and CG's exit music.It was also used at Fred and Mary's wedding.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

This thread has killed my excitement for the "traditional" wedding march; if I ever get married I will not be walking down the aisle to "Here Comes The Bride"

Tags
music, royal weddings