The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 01-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lafayette, United States
Posts: 500
Royal Wedding Invitations

Hope any of the forum members can help with this question.

I've seen copies of the actual invitations for royal wedding events, but after searching the forums and internet, I haven't seen any of the mailing or inner envelopes.

I was interested in these because I am wondering - who exactly are the invitations addressed to when sent to other royal families? I have read many instances where The Prince of Wales and/or The Earl and Countess of Wessex have represented Queen Elizabeth II. So is the invitation sent to the monarch/head of house/highest ranking member of the family and they decide who will attend? At some weddings, several members of foreign royal families attend (the Jordanians at the Dutch weddings, The current and former reigning Grand Dukes of Luxembourg as well as Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg at Haakon and Mette-Marit's wedding). Are there multiple individual invitations sent or do the RSVP "seven of us will attend" from the one invitation?

Lastly, at many of the weddings in the past several years, I haven't seen many representatives from the Liechtenstein royal family. Are they not invited or just don't attend?

Thanks for any response.

Rascal
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2010, 04:16 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,105
Its probably protocol to send an invite to the Head Of State, Queen, King Grand Duke etc. Then she/he decides who will represent them.
If 2 or more are attending then the royal family will give a list of which royals attending.

I don't know about the Liechenstein royal family, they seem to be very quiet.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2010, 04:17 PM
MAfan's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: N/A, Italy
Posts: 4,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post

Lastly, at many of the weddings in the past several years, I haven't seen many representatives from the Liechtenstein royal family. Are they not invited or just don't attend?
The members of the Princely Family of Liechtenstein live rather privately; but they attend royal events.
Often members of the Princely Family attend events of the Belgian Royal Family and of the Grand Ducal Family of Lxemburg (in particular Prince Nikolaus and Princess Margaretha, and also Prince Philipp and Princess Isabelle).
I know that some member attended several royal and noble weddings in the last years:
several Princes attended the wedding of Philippe and Mathilde in 1999 and of Laurent and Claire of Belgium in 2003;
Nikolaus and Margaretha attended the weddings of Louis and Tessy of Luxembourg in 2006 and of Rodolphe and Marie Christine de Limburg Stirum in 2008;
Hans Adam and Marie and Nikolaus and Margaretha attended the wedding of Alberto and Xenia Matta-Maya (she was born Princess Galitzine, granddaughter of AD Rudolph of Austria) in 2007;
Gundakar and Marie attended the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Vendome last May.
These are the only weddings I can remember now; they mostly attend events regarding relatives of them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-28-2010, 05:20 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lafayette, United States
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
The members of the Princely Family of Liechtenstein live rather privately; but they attend royal events.
Often members of the Princely Family attend events of the Belgian Royal Family and of the Grand Ducal Family of Lxemburg (in particular Prince Nikolaus and Princess Margaretha, and also Prince Philipp and Princess Isabelle).
I know that some member attended several royal and noble weddings in the last years:
several Princes attended the wedding of Philippe and Mathilde in 1999 and of Laurent and Claire of Belgium in 2003;
Nikolaus and Margaretha attended the weddings of Louis and Tessy of Luxembourg in 2006 and of Rodolphe and Marie Christine de Limburg Stirum in 2008;
Hans Adam and Marie and Nikolaus and Margaretha attended the wedding of Alberto and Xenia Matta-Maya (she was born Princess Galitzine, granddaughter of AD Rudolph of Austria) in 2007;
Gundakar and Marie attended the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Vendome last May.
These are the only weddings I can remember now; they mostly attend events regarding relatives of them.
Thanks MAfan (U2 lumutqueen!). I knew about some of these occassions (most likely because of the tie to Belgium through Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte and her daughter Margaretha's marriage to Nikolaus of Liechtenstein. Same for Marie and Gundakar at the Orleans wedding.)

There is another "by-marriage" connection. Alois of Liechtenstein wed Sophie of Bavaria. Her sister Caroline wed Philipp of Wurttemberg. So it is understandable that they would be at Bavarian and/or Wurttemberg weddings. However, at Fleur of Wurttemberg's wedding, Prince Max and Princess Angela were in attendance. I wouldn't expect them to not be friends but perhaps the most private Liechtenstein couple attending this wedding? Was Max very good friends with Fleur?

Also, I'm not totally sure, but it appears there were not Liechtenstein representatives at the 60th birthday celebrations of Carl XVI Gustaf nor the 70th birthday celebrations of Harald V. Is it possible they were invited and just chose not to attend/send representatives? Or were they not invited at all? If so, why the "snub" by the Scandinavian countries?

Finally, considering the absence from the birthday occasions, could we expect there to be no Liechtenstein representation at the wedding CP Victoria or Princess Madeleine later this year?

Rascal
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Thanks MAfan (U2 lumutqueen!). I knew about some of these occassions (most likely because of the tie to Belgium through Grand Duchess Josephine Charlotte and her daughter Margaretha's marriage to Nikolaus of Liechtenstein. Same for Marie and Gundakar at the Orleans wedding.)

There is another "by-marriage" connection. Alois of Liechtenstein wed Sophie of Bavaria. Her sister Caroline wed Philipp of Wurttemberg. So it is understandable that they would be at Bavarian and/or Wurttemberg weddings. However, at Fleur of Wurttemberg's wedding, Prince Max and Princess Angela were in attendance. I wouldn't expect them to not be friends but perhaps the most private Liechtenstein couple attending this wedding? Was Max very good friends with Fleur?

Also, I'm not totally sure, but it appears there were not Liechtenstein representatives at the 60th birthday celebrations of Carl XVI Gustaf nor the 70th birthday celebrations of Harald V. Is it possible they were invited and just chose not to attend/send representatives? Or were they not invited at all? If so, why the "snub" by the Scandinavian countries?

Finally, considering the absence from the birthday occasions, could we expect there to be no Liechtenstein representation at the wedding CP Victoria or Princess Madeleine later this year?

Rascal
At the 60th birthday of King Carl XVI. Gustaf was present and also at the Wedding of Felipe and Letizia. At the Wedding of Frederik and Mary Prince Wenzeslaus was on the guestlist. At the norwegian Events the where not invited as it was said that there where no relations between the Families.
At the Wedding of Duchess Elizabeth in Bavaria and Daniel Terberger both the Princely as the Hereditary Pricnely Couple attended. At the Wedding of her sister Anna the Hereditary Pincely Couple was present as the bride was a sister of the Hereditary Princess. Allois and Sophie also attended the Wedding of Willem-Alexander and Maxima.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lafayette, United States
Posts: 500
Thanks, Stefan!

BTW has anyone seen the addressed envelopes or know where I may look for copies/pics of them?

Rascal
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,176
Wedding Invitations

the swedish inventations were sent out and this is what they look like
Har du fått ditt inbjudningskort än? | Svensk Damtidning
Hr avsljas detaljerna om Victorias brllop - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nje
Så här ser inbjudan till det kungliga bröllopet mellan Victoria och Daniel Westling ut | Bröllopet | Aftonbladet
  • what does other invenation look like
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-15-2010, 12:14 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lafayette, United States
Posts: 500
Number of invitations and to whom

I originally posted this in the "musings" thread specific to CP Victoria and Daniel Westling, but it perhaps is more appropriate here. I would appreciate any information from anyone who may know. THANKS!

For those of you know...were individual invitations sent to each of these people/couples or is just one invitation sent to the head of the royal house and they decide who will attend?

In the British case, was one invitation sent to QEII and she decided that Edward and Sophie would attend and represent her while the others declined or were individual invitations sent to and declined by the POW & DOC, William, Harry, etc.?

I ask because I don't recall a confirmation for Prince Ali & Princess Rym of Jordan attending, only King Abdullah and Queen Rania. As Ali and Victoria have been fairly close in the past, I would have thought that he and his wife would have received a separate invitation. If so, would King Abdullah have "forbid" them from attending (strange since they attended CG's 60th bday party)? And if they did not receive a separate invite, it seems strange knowing the warm relations with Victoria that King Abdullah would not include Ali and Rym in the Jordanian representation.

Rascal
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,105
I would presume that invitations were sent seperately to all 6 invitees. Then when Charles and Camilla decided not to attend, Edward and Sophie became "representatives of the Queen".
I don't think it would have been forbade for them to attend the reason, there is no reason my multiple members of the same family to attend the events, it is possible that they haven't publically confirmed or they are not attending for some reason.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-15-2010, 12:28 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Lafayette, United States
Posts: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
....it is possible that they haven't publically confirmed or they are not attending for some reason.
Thanks for the response, Lumutqueen. I also thought that they may have not publicly confirmed and am hoping as much. If there was another reason I would hope it would be something like another pregnancy or another good reason and not something involving poor health or poor relations within the Jordanian family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-23-2010, 03:10 PM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgi, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 921
Grace and Rainier's wedding invitation: Imageshack - u1308776inp7vb.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-19-2010, 12:23 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Silver Spring, United States
Posts: 116
I like the simple design of the invitations to the wedding of Victoria and Daniel - regal and elegant. Are there any pictures of the invitations to the weddings of the other crown princely couples? What about photos of the 'order of service' booklet?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, United States
Posts: 4
Can anyone send an image of any British Royal wedding invitation. I'm working on a project and need to know specifically how they are worded. How will Prince William and Kate Middleton's invitation read?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, United States
Posts: 4
You are more fortuante than I! I am searching for any image of British Royal wedding invitations within the last hundred years. Can you send an image to me or let me know where I can find one? I am particularly interested in how the invitation for Prince William's wedding will be worded.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-10-2011, 01:30 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 11
I once found a picture of the Prince Andrew wedding invitation online, but it was a totally unrelated search and I can't remember what I'd been looking for so I could find it again ... anyway, it looked like this one:
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image..._invite203.jpg

and I'm pretty sure it started:
"The Lord Chamberlain is commanded by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh to invite _______________________________ to the Marriage of ... "

But if the invitations are issued by Clarence House, then they'll look like this:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3069/...d5185991b9.jpg


Edit: Found it!
http://images.denhams.com.s3.amazona.../375lot847.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, United States
Posts: 4
Thanks for the links. This was a big help to me. I guess I was expecting something a bit more unusual. Do you think the wedding invitation will come from the Queen and Duke or from Prince Charles or Charles and Camilla?

Also thought you might be interested in an event here in the States. One of our local museums, the Military Aviation Museum in Virginia Beach, Virginia is hosting a royal wedding reception in honor of William and Kate. Military Aviation Museum: Home
Seems they will be inviting the royal couple but I doubt they'll attend this on their honeymoon!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-22-2011, 11:43 AM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgi, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 921
Kate and William's wedding invitation: Royal wedding guests
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Private, United States
Posts: 1
i have purchased several on ebay, so you might find some images there.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-26-2011, 12:17 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,408
Actually I found all of them very boaring, with all the technology of today, creativity I think we could fins invitatins more originally and exiting!
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Skippy's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Actually I found all of them very boaring, with all the technology of today, creativity I think we could fins invitatins more originally and exiting!
I see what you mean and to some extent I agree with you, but I think protocol and tradition are considered more important than originality and creativity.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worst guest outfit at a royal wedding or pre-wedding event PrincessofEurope Royal Weddings General Discussion 185 08-07-2013 10:55 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman palace pieter van vollenhoven poland pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]