Future Royal Wedding Gowns

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyS

Courtier
City
Johannesburg
Country
South Africa
As the engagement has been announced of Prince Joachim of Denmark and Marie Cavallier I thought it would be interesting to suggest what dresses Marie might wear on her wedding day.

Atene, that is a very beautiful dress and she has the figure for it, but I can't see someone who is going to become a member of the Royal Family getting married in a strapless dress.
Something like that but with very delicate sleeves would be nice. Or maybe some sort of jacket over it.

Just a quick check regarding copyright and posting photos.

If I save a picture of a gown from a site, like The Knot or Brides.com, can I post it in this thread if I save it to Photobucket or Image Shack?

Thanks

There is a dresscode for noble brides. It sais how long sleeves and train of the dress have too be and how much cleavage can be shown. The rest depends on family tradition and the personal taste of the bride.

Style Holly Bridal Gown - Wedding Dresses

I actually quite like this design in wedding dress. I like the cap sleeves however I would definately not have as much embroidery and detail on it. Same style just a bit simpler

The wedding will be in spring...
so maybe Marie will chose a wedding dress with long sleeves or 3/4 sleeves (like many other royal brides).

Does anyone have an idea which designer (i presume Danish) she will choose to design her gown?

Are there any suggestions?

Monique Lhuillier which I think hangs on the body really well o maybe a nice chiffon dress with soft layers would look nice

What about dresses like the following ones:

Ballkleid Brautkleid mit Schleppe 32 34 36 38 40 42 - Atelier Noblesse
Ballkleid Brautkleid mit Schleppe 32 34 36 38 40 42 - Atelier Noblesse

The train on each dress have to be a little longer. But I love the style of these too dresses.

What do you think?

I think Marie will choose a Danish or a French designer, or a half-Danish half-French.

Both beautiful, but I love, love, love the second design with the crimson (cranberry?).

One of my all-time favorite noble bridal gowns is Princess Elizabeth's when she married the Duke of Edinburgh. It suited her very well while being tasteful and appropriate to her rank.

For those fans of classic royal wedding attire:
Royal Wedding Gowns: http://www.vintageconnection.net/AndTheBrideWore.htm
TopFoto UK Royal Weddings: TopFoto Gallery - UK Royal Weddings

Last edited:
None of the new royal brides seem to wear much lace. They all seem to wear much more tailored gowns. All the gowns you have posted are so beautiful!

Last edited:
Since this forum is about actual royal weddings, not about designer clothes, I'm closing this thread.

Suggestions for wedding dresses for Victoria

We have less then 355 days to talk about what dress we want her to wear.......

Something classic elegant and modern.
Maybe by Valentino or a swedish designer.
Of course it has to be white not cream. And a beautiful veil, maybe the one her mother wore. :flowers:
Something not too clutered with jewels. :)
I can't wait to see the real thing.

I think that it should not be stark white. Stark white only looks good on women with very dark complexions in my opinion. Something like what they call candlelight white in the states would be nice.

I think something from Valentino or any major Swedish designer would be beautiful. I can't wait till her wedding see it all!

A smart skirt and jacket and pill box hat will do............only kidding!!!!

It's really hard to imagine what she will wear and what she will look like, but I guess once the designer has been announced it'll give some ideas. My initial thoughts gravitate towards: a style/scale similar to Princess Maxima with less lace; modern; made of the most expensive ivory silk; woven with a high thread count; a highly structured design. However, Victoria is very much in love and it could just as easily be a romantic, simple and very pretty style like Crown Princess Mette-Marit's dress.

She has some pretty steep steps to manage at the entrance to the church and the interior of the church (such as aisle) will give some clue as to the possible scale of the dress. One thing is for sure - whatever people think before the wedding, the dress will end up being a complete surprise!

I think it'll be very minimalist- no ornate lace and beading, very streamlined. Probably a Swedish designer (but whenever Princess Madeleine ties the knot, I'm sure we'll see something Valentino or Dior). Long sleeves, of course, with a very long train. Overall, I think the look will be understated and classy, not unlike the Princess herself.

I guess the dress will be coloured in ivory or champagne, not in deep white and it will so beautiful that Daniel gets tears in eyes when the King is walking into church with Victoria.

I think it'll be very minimalist- no ornate lace and beading, very streamlined. Probably a Swedish designer (but whenever Princess Madeleine ties the knot, I'm sure we'll see something Valentino or Dior). Long sleeves, of course, with a very long train. Overall, I think the look will be understated and classy, not unlike the Princess herself.
Please, no Dior. Dior the borehouse. He can be a genius, yet he never shows it.
Badgley Mischka and Vera Wang are always very classy and suitable for a princess.

I personally would find a dress like this absolutely wonderful on a young bride;
Imageshack - sophisticatedweddingdre

Just nothing crazy for Victoria.

Please, no Dior. Dior the borehouse. He can be a genius, yet he never shows it.
Badgley Mischka and Vera Wang are always very classy and suitable for a princess.

I personally would find a dress like this absolutely wonderful on a young bride;
Imageshack - sophisticatedweddingdre

Just nothing crazy for Victoria.

That dress would look INCREDIBLE on victoria. Whose the designer?
I think your right with Badgley Mischka and Vera Wang, it would be nice to Victoria in something designed by them :flowers:

I don't know who the designer is to be honest. I found it while looking on Google.
Victoria has the right profile and body to pull off the dress. And it doesn't have to be sleeveless or strapless. It can have the same sort of neck as Maxima's dress had. And it still would look great on her.
Victoria shouldn't go crazy with her dress and with Dior? It would go crazy. Dior has gone downhill really. He tries to be different from the rest and he is, but it isn't working.

Anyway, with a Maxima-like veil and a nice tiara. Maybe some very soft jewellry, nothing overdone and she'll be a fairytale bride.

maybe add madeleine to this thread

victorias wedding its about 310 days away

Back
Top Bottom